Author Topic: Richmond's 2020 season Amazon TV doco - "Making their Mark" [merged]  (Read 5583 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Richmond's 2020 season Amazon TV doco - "Making their Mark" [merged]
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2021, 04:55:41 AM »
Finished watching episode 5. Benny having to tell staff for us to avoid insolvency they no longer will have a job brought home the reality of last year. It really got to him too.

Of the other clubs, Gold Coast are in good hands under Dew. On the other hand, you can start to see why GWS imploded.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline MaccaDacca

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2021, 08:58:15 AM »
Is it all self contained episodes or are the Tiger parts spread out over all the episodes?

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2021, 09:17:23 AM »
Is it all self contained episodes or are the Tiger parts spread out over all the episodes?

spread out over all episodes

Offline MaccaDacca

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2021, 09:29:14 AM »
ok thanks

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2021, 10:44:04 AM »
Eddie Betts is a star ✨. 

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2021, 03:20:43 PM »
Are the episodes on you tube ?.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2021, 04:59:45 PM »
The last episode bought a tear to my eye.  Peggy, Brendan, Dimma they feel the same emotions we all do as supporter's.  So great to see inside. 
Great doco

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2021, 05:14:02 PM »
Warning spoilers.
 What I learnt from the doco is that most of the blokes that play are just great blokes and able to show their vulnerabilities.

Eddie Betts is a really nice guy and a great family man. Awesome bloke really and a star of the game As is Nic Nat, is also quite a funny guy looks like he’s fun to be around.
Stewart Dew is a crack up enjoyed watching him as well. Rory Sloane is a natural leader also I liked how he encouraged the youngsters to learn basic fundamentals of the game. From the doco it looked like Sloane and more influence on the playing group than Nicks.

The saddest is Coniglio, he just looks like he is hating playing footy. Doesn’t look like he deals with losing very well nor does he know what he is doing as captain. Unlike Richmond there’s not a lot of genuine connection between players at GWS. I’m not convinced by Leon Cameron’s connection with his leaders. I actually saw more connection developing with Stewie Dew and the young stars coming through at Gold Coast.
Coniglio really needs to come to start enjoying playing footy all over again maybe he should come to Richmond  :rollin

What is really noticeable is Hardwicks obsession with the system and how high our standards are set at Richmond. I also got another glimpse at his connection to his players and how much they respond to
him and the process. Gale is just a likeable guy and so down to earth.

Overall I liked the doco except the commentating overdubs. Don’t believe any club when they say they don’t listen to “external noise” they all do in some way.
It was great seeing us win again from a slightly different visual perspective.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2021, 05:32:47 PM »
Agree on Coniglio. He's not the best choice as captain.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2021, 06:39:56 PM »
Are the episodes on you tube ?.
Georgie, you can sign up for a free 30-day trial with Amazon and watch all 7 episodes.

https://www.primevideo.com/

ps. There is an episode 1 premiere on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWde6wOGLKg

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2021, 04:11:37 AM »
Peggy O'Neal on the Today Show talking about the doco:

Watch here: https://twitter.com/TheTodayShow/status/1370516983515594753

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2021, 05:15:19 AM »
Got around to finishing the whole thing. The final episode especially the last 30-40 mins is Tiger heaven  :thumbsup.

LOL Broady forgetting it was a night GF and surprised it was getting dark outside  :rollin.

As for Hugh 'look at me' Riminton and his ambush at our presser after the poking incident. It looks even more pathetic now ::). Benny sure saw through the media's agenda to use the sins of a few to rubbish the whole club's culture.

The saddest is Coniglio, he just looks like he is hating playing footy. Doesn’t look like he deals with losing very well nor does he know what he is doing as captain. Unlike Richmond there’s not a lot of genuine connection between players at GWS. I’m not convinced by Leon Cameron’s connection with his leaders. I actually saw more connection developing with Stewie Dew and the young stars coming through at Gold Coast.
Coniglio really needs to come to start enjoying playing footy all over again maybe he should come to Richmond  :rollin
Agree Tigeritis. When we were playing like crap (eg: the Freo game), Dimma would rightly lose his nut but he wouldn't individualise. It was "we" had to play better. He put it on the whole team to get its act together and play "Richmond footy".

You didn't see Dimma individually walking around the rooms singling out, finger pointing and abusing player after player at a break in front of the whole group like Cameron did here.
Warning language: https://twitter.com/ScootiePuffJnr/status/1370163721796870146

Cameron came across as a coach using old coaching methods from a past era that no longer work nor inspire. GWS did have salary cap issues as well but it could be part of the reason why a number of GWS players have walked out and moved to other clubs.

It also seemed to me that Cameron doesn't know his captain's personality. Coniglio didn't come across as a guy who responds to old school criticism. He seems to get down on himself and struggle even more rather than getting fired up and trying to prove his critics wrong. As for Coniglio being captain, there were those rumours that he only got the gig because the Giants were afraid of him leaving. But unless we were on the inside then we don't know if those rumours were true. It was odd though that they would make a leadership change from Davis and Ward after their best season (2019) in their history.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2021, 01:56:59 AM »
You didn't see Dimma individually walking around the rooms singling out, finger pointing and abusing player after player at a break in front of the whole group like Cameron did here.
Warning language: https://twitter.com/ScootiePuffJnr/status/1370163721796870146

That scene absolutely cracked me up. It’s like he only intended to say it to the one player then kept seeing another player that peeed him off and he couldn’t help himself.

As for our side of things. If you didn’t already know then you certainly see just how elite of a motivational speaker Dimma is. Can see why the players would just about run through a brick wall for him  :clapping

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2021, 07:57:13 AM »
Benny’s intelligence, people focus and unrelenting focus on the club’s best interests are remarkable.
No wonder we’ve won 3 flags with this bloke in charge.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2021, 12:16:36 PM »
Dusty kicking his 3rd brings a tear to the eye. The reactions of the coaches box, Benny and Peggy.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do