Author Topic: Trent Cotchin [merged]  (Read 422007 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Trent Cotchin [merged]
« Reply #735 on: January 06, 2013, 06:14:30 AM »
Cotch is equal favourite for the Brownlow ....

Gary Ablett       $9.00
Trent Cotchin   $9.00
Dane Swan      $9.00
Jobe Watson   $9.00

Source: Sportsbet.com.au

Herald-Sun link

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #736 on: January 06, 2013, 07:22:13 AM »
As much as I love the cotch, those odds for yablett are very tasty
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #737 on: February 03, 2013, 11:41:06 AM »
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-03/blues-kreuz-ready-to-burst

If we had first pick in that draft and got Kruezer and the cheats got Cotch you could bet your last dollar that there would be a line in this article saying that we had passed up the best talent in the game to get Kruezer.

Two things the media love to get into us on our drafting and building up the hype on us making finals so we can crash harder.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #738 on: February 03, 2013, 06:24:03 PM »
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-03/blues-kreuz-ready-to-burst

If we had first pick in that draft and got Kruezer and the cheats got Cotch you could bet your last dollar that there would be a line in this article saying that we had passed up the best talent in the game to get Kruezer.

Two things the media love to get into us on our drafting and building up the hype on us making finals so we can crash harder.
It's like how we used to love to get into the colliwobbles because they lost grandfinals all the time.
Or the cats for being the handbaggers.
Or north for being nomads.

The best remedy for this media scrutiny is to draft better, develop players and win finals.
Problem solved.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #739 on: February 08, 2013, 05:06:39 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #740 on: March 05, 2013, 11:33:28 AM »
Shaun Grigg's twitter:- "Cotchy loving his own poster"

« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 12:28:56 PM by one-eyed »

Ox

« Reply #741 on: March 05, 2013, 12:19:38 PM »
im guessing he meant, "Loving"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #742 on: March 05, 2013, 12:29:58 PM »
im guessing he meant, "Loving"
That was my typo lol. Fixed.

gerkin greg

« Reply #743 on: March 05, 2013, 12:33:16 PM »
Chimp should really have his own locker room. Shouldn't have to put up with that, and I'm hardly a prude.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #744 on: March 05, 2013, 12:36:50 PM »
Chimp should really have his own locker room. Shouldn't have to put up with that, and I'm hardly a prude.

:lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #745 on: March 19, 2013, 10:20:02 AM »
Cotchin is the AFL captains' pick for the Brownlow.

Richmond's new captain Trent Cotchin was rated the favourite to take out this year's Brownlow Medal
Who do you think will win the 2013 Brownlow Medal? (No captain correctly nominated Jobe Watson in 2012).
Trent Cotchin (6), Gary Ablett (3), Patrick Dangerfield (3), Josh Kennedy (2), Sam Mitchell, Scott Pendlebury, Joel Selwood, Dane Swan.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-03-19/cotchin-the-star-say-skippers

No Jobe Watson....  :shh What do the captains know that we don't??
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 12:53:02 PM by wayne »
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

tony_montana

« Reply #746 on: March 19, 2013, 12:51:18 PM »
Cotchin is the AFL captains' pick for the Brownlow.

Richmond's new captain Trent Cotchin was rated the favourite to take out this year's Brownlow Medal
Who do you think will win the 2013 Brownlow Medal? (No captain correctly nominated Jobe Watson in 2012).
Trent Cotchin (6), Gary Ablett (3), Patrick Dangerfield (3), Josh Kennedy (2), Sam Mitchell, Scott Pendlebury, Joel Selwood, Dane Swan.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-03-19/cotchin-the-star-say-skippers

No Jobe Watson....  :shh What do the captains' know that we don't??

:shh

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #747 on: March 19, 2013, 02:17:42 PM »
No Jobe Watson....  :shh What do the captains know that we don't??
Don't we all know it?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #748 on: March 19, 2013, 04:01:30 PM »
Cool Cotchin contains the hype
By Jennifer Phelan
afl.com.au
Tuesday, March 19, 2013

HE MAY be the AFL captains' pick for the Brownlow Medal and favourite with the bookmakers, but Richmond captain Trent Cotchin is unmoved by the hype surrounding him.

Cotchin, 22, was picked by six captains to win this year's medal, ahead of Gary Ablett and Patrick Dangerfield (three each).

He is also equal favourite with the bookmakers on TAB Sportsbet with former winners Jobe Watson (2012), Dane Swan (2011) and Ablett (2009).

Despite finishing equal second to Watson last year and winning his second club best and fairest, Cotchin is not being distracted by outside expectations. 

"Today is the first I've heard of it, but I don't take a lot of notice of all that sort of stuff," Cotchin said.

"Obviously the game is not about individual awards but to be recognised as a potential winner this year.

"There's a lot of work to be done throughout the season and some consistent footy to be played but I suppose it is nice to be respected within the AFL environment.

"The majority of my focus going into games is about how we can get the best result for the team and if that means I'm playing good footy then so be it, and I'll take that for sure.

"It's nice to be recognised as a talented player, but more importantly I've got to put my best foot forward, and with my captain's hat on now as well."

Cotchin took over from Chris Newman as captain in November last year and has slid seamlessly into the role, handling the increased media demand with maturity and ease.

"It's just about finding that balance. You've got the club, who are really good at managing that sort of stuff, your management are there for support and picking and choosing the right time to do it and when not to," he said.

"I think that's just what it's about; it's finding a balance and further to that, it's about finding a balance to footy and life outside footy as well."

As for the expectation on the Tigers to play finals for the first time since 2001, Cotchin said it was important to keep a healthy balance between being excited about their prospects and not letting the hype get out of hand.

"In the past, we've probably overdone the excitement thing and this year is more about just showing why we are to be excited about," he said.

"Our actions are probably showing that more so than the words that we're talking.

"We're looking forward to firstly our round-one battle [against Carlton], but there's going to be many challenges throughout the year and it's going to be exciting times."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-03-19/cotchin-contains-the-hype

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #749 on: March 19, 2013, 04:45:33 PM »

http://www.aflphotos.com.au/galleries/results/?q=collection:AFL%202013%20Portraits%20-%20AFL%20Captains%20Portraits&image_id=279289
http://www.aflphotos.com.au/galleries/results/?q=collection:AFL%202013%20Media%20-%20AFL%20Captains%20Photo%20Day&image_id=279231

RICHMOND – Trent Cotchin
"It's been a really positive [pre-season] - we probably haven't played our best footy but we've got results. That's obviously going to help us with our confidence going into a game that we haven't been quite successful in over the last four or five years. We just see it as another opportunity. They're a great club, Carlton, and there's always a good crowd between us and it's an exciting time to play, and hopefully a couple of our younger guys will get an opportunity as well, which will create even more excitement."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-03-19/captains-what-they-said-about-the-season-ahead