Author Topic: Craig Cameron video on trade week strategy / Tigers to protect draft picks  (Read 1511 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Craig Cameron talks to richmondfc.com.au about the Tigers' trade strategy heading in to the 2010 Trade Week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S21dEMgxv5M
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 09:37:54 PM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers to protect draft picks
richmondfc.com.au
Mon 04 Oct, 2010

Richmond will enter the 2010 Trade Period with the main aim of protecting its selections for the November National Draft.

Tigers’ General Manager of Football Craig Cameron told richmondfc.com.au today that the Club will continue its long-term strategy to achieve a period of sustained success.

“The number one philosophy for us is to improve our position in this year’s draft,” Cameron said.

“We want to protect our draft selections, because that’s where we believe we’ll bring in most of our talent.

“But if the opportunity arises to bring in some players that are at the right age and experience level for us, then we’ll do that.”

Cameron said the Richmond hierarchy will be open and honest with its members and supporters throughout the trade period.

“It’s difficult for the supporters…they’re wondering what’s going to happen, and often what they’re reading is only rumour and can be a fair way off the mark,” he said.

“I think that’s why it’s important as a Club that we let our people know what’s going on.

“It can also be hard to deal with for the players, because they might have their names out there in the media, but we’ve spoken to every player on our list that could potentially be traded or are being talked about.”

Trade week runs from Tuesday October 5 until 2pm on Monday October 11.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/103716/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Trade talks to continue (RFC)
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 06:39:14 PM »
Trade talks to continue
richmondfc.com.au
Tue 05 Oct, 2010

Richmond will continue talks with AFL clubs on Wednesday after a quiet opening day of the 2010 Trade Period.

The Tigers’ contingent, which included General Manager of Football Craig Cameron, coach Damien Hardwick, Recruiting Manager Francis Jackson and Opposition and List Manager Blair Hartley, were at Etihad Stadium today for the first day of meetings with other AFL clubs.

“The first day is all about meeting everyone and finding out what their plans are for the week,” Cameron said.

“We’re happy with some of the discussions we had today, and we’ll continue them over the next few days.

“We haven’t deviated from our original plan, which was to protect our selections in the National Draft and look to bring in players if they fit in with our long-term strategy.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/tabid/6301/default.aspx?newsid=103771

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade talks to continue (RFC)
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 10:18:12 PM »

The Tigers’ contingent, which included General Manager of Football Craig Cameron, coach Damien Hardwick, Recruiting Manager Francis Jackson and Opposition and List Manager Blair Hartley, were at Etihad Stadium today for the first day of meetings with other AFL clubs.

Not sure if that's going to make it easier or harder to find someone to blame for trade/list/draft mistakes in the future.   ???

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
It's been positive after the first two days. So far we picks 6, 27-30, 35, 47-50, 53, 70. If we can somehow score another pick inside the top 30 then it'll be a fairly decent trade week for us. Give us something to work with in the National draft next month.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
It's been positive after the first two days. So far we picks 6, 27-30, 35, 47-50, 53, 70. If we can somehow score another pick inside the top 30 then it'll be a fairly decent trade week for us. Give us something to work with in the National draft next month.

Some of those later picks we have might be moved up quite a bit as many clubs will not use all the picks and the compensation picks this year. Will be interesting to see some of the stratagies used this year. 
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Some of those later picks we have might be moved up quite a bit as many clubs will not use all the picks and the compensation picks this year. Will be interesting to see some of the stratagies used this year. 
True Fluffy. The new rules introduced last year mean clubs only need to use a minimum of two picks with their 3rd being used on a promoted rookie so 3rd, 4th, etc round picks will move up quite a bit as you say Fluffy as clubs finalise their lists before the National draft.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
I would be very surprised if we used all picks in the national draft. At least one will be used to trade a player in, i would be thinking.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
I would be very surprised if we used all picks in the national draft. At least one will be used to trade a player in, i would be thinking.
If we give up any pick 3rd round or below for uncontracted fringe players we are dills. Keeps your decent picks Richmond  :pray.