Author Topic: Trent Cotchin [merged]  (Read 403452 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Trent Cotchin [merged]
« Reply #300 on: November 08, 2009, 03:25:28 AM »
Hasn't had a real good run since coming to the club and it's becoming really annoying.  :banghead
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #301 on: November 08, 2009, 10:51:44 AM »
Hasn't had a real good run since coming to the club and it's becoming really annoying.  :banghead

not wrong there pal.

now coming back from another post season surgery means a delayed start to training, again.

Is this guy injury prone or what.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Tigermonk

« Reply #302 on: November 08, 2009, 12:24:40 PM »

not wrong there pal.

now coming back from another post season surgery means a delayed start to training, again.

Mark Coughlan recarnation  ;D another bad year & l would throw him to the gallows  ;D

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #303 on: November 08, 2009, 12:29:05 PM »

not wrong there pal.

Reminds me a bit of Connors, this will be his first full pre-season for many years, lets hope we don't have the same probs with Cotch...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #304 on: November 08, 2009, 10:54:11 PM »

not wrong there pal.

Mark Coughlan recarnation  ;D another bad year & l would throw him to the gallows  ;D

this is the year i reckon TM.

we need to start seeing something special because thus far all i have seen is glimpses and more injuries.

one more injury filled year and he should be shipped off to Wuppertal with DR Hanz Ritter for one last shot at fixing his injuries.

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #305 on: November 08, 2009, 11:22:27 PM »
Cotchin is not back to full training is he?

:(

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #306 on: November 09, 2009, 12:39:23 AM »

No not from the reports I have heard, lets hope they are nursing him up to the point of pre-season full on training then he can join in....... :pray

"Rucks:

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #307 on: November 09, 2009, 07:08:55 AM »

No not from the reports I have heard, lets hope they are nursing him up to the point of pre-season full on training then he can join in....... :pray

He isn't the only one not in fully training which is on 2 weeks into the pre-season. Blokes who have sugeries at the end of the season usually don't start full training straight away.

I wouldn't worry about Cotch - I think people need to put his "injuries curse" into perspective.

He was drafted with a foot problem that everyone knew about. Last season he over trainined by himself before pre-season and created a problem which he got over. When he finally came back he sustained a NEW injury in his hip/thigh. When it was clear that there was no point in continuing they ended his season. He had surgery to correct the hip problem and now he is being eased back (correctly) into training...

I would have thought that's what we want for them to get it right this time, take it slow and no short cuts

I don't think he is iinjury prone - if it was the same injury then I'd be concerned .. ::)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #308 on: November 09, 2009, 09:34:33 AM »
Luke Hodge was injured a lot early in his career. Cotch will be ok.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #309 on: December 03, 2009, 08:00:53 AM »
Cotch was on SEN from last week thanks to 'black' on Y&B

* Asked about his training programme and injuries he said he's on a modified programme and it's been difficult for him the last two years due to a lack of base training in the pre seasons

* Asked about the new coach and new methods etc he said Hardwick is instilling into all the players a belief in our list , a belief in the gameplan and team rules. Not just for now but for years to come * cue blueprint for success *

* More specifically he said the coaches have been taking them indoors before every training session for extensive theory sessions which he said was new and interesting. Also he said each individual player is being assigned there own specific development sessions. So all the players attend the theory sessions , followed by a group training session then they seperate into their assigned development groups to work on specific aspects of each players game.

http://www.yellowandblack.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=11153&page=22

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #310 on: December 03, 2009, 08:47:30 AM »
modified program. not the news i want to hear heading into another pre season.

looks like he will be gone for another half year at least.

3 years will pass, and we have hardly seen the bloke play.

Con65

« Reply #311 on: December 03, 2009, 10:32:18 AM »
I believe he should be out of rehab around Feb :(

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #312 on: December 03, 2009, 10:51:02 AM »
I believe he should be out of rehab around Feb :(

Yeah this has gone on for too long, I mean I know everyone is saying be patient we don't want to ruin him and while thats true the way it's going he will be 24 before we know it. Have we got another Gogs scenario??

"Rucks:

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #313 on: December 03, 2009, 11:15:55 AM »
very disappointing to hear and read!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #314 on: December 03, 2009, 01:34:23 PM »
modified program. not the news i want to hear heading into another pre season.

looks like he will be gone for another half year at least.
3 years will pass, and we have hardly seen the bloke play.

Good onya Daniel - always looking for the positives  :thumbsup

Ditto WA Tiger

The kid's 19 for crying out loud (doesn't turn 20 until next April) this is about the long term. You complained during 2009 about them playing blokes injured and now they are going about something the right way and you are still not happy

Here's a thought you don't reckon that the club actually has him on a modified program so he doesn't have the same problems in the past which have been caused by over doing it while his body is still maturing? Have him on a modifed program so he isn't finished at 24-25 because he was pushed to hard

I mean that wouldn't be smart would it  :nope :nope

:yep :yep - I understand it is frustrating but personally I would rather they do it this way than any other.

Actually as I posted on another thread - Hardwick accepts it and he said they wont be rushing Cotch because it is all about the long term

Refer:

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum//index.php?topic=10348.105

I wrote

"....the week before at the Hafey Club function Hardwick, said that Cotch was on a modified program again. He asked Campbell which was it "his muscles are too big for his tendons or the other way around?" It just means they have to watch what he does as he's body is still developing (same thing they said about him last pre-season).

Dimma also said that they would not be rushing him. There are no more short cuts at Richmond and if that means Cotchin misses games so be it.... Dimma reckons Cotchin could be an elite of the competition
"

Well on this one I will back Hardwick; he's made some tough decisions, now I'll back him to make right decisions about the long term
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)