Author Topic: Trent Cotchin [merged]  (Read 403445 times)

Offline #9

• Tiger Rookie
Re: Trent Cotchin [merged]
« Reply #315 on: December 03, 2009, 03:16:21 PM »
Cotch will be fine. As WP said he is only 19 so is very young compared to alot of other players taken in his draft.

Trent will be our best player in 3 years. Bookmark it.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #316 on: December 03, 2009, 03:21:01 PM »
modified program. not the news i want to hear heading into another pre season.

looks like he will be gone for another half year at least.
3 years will pass, and we have hardly seen the bloke play.

Good onya Daniel - always looking for the positives  :thumbsup

Ditto WA Tiger

The kid's 19 for crying out loud (doesn't turn 20 until next April) this is about the long term. You complained during 2009 about them playing blokes injured and now they are going about something the right way and you are still not happy

Here's a thought you don't reckon that the club actually has him on a modified program so he doesn't have the same problems in the past which have been caused by over doing it while his body is still maturing? Have him on a modifed program so he isn't finished at 24-25 because he was pushed to hard

I mean that wouldn't be smart would it  :nope :nope

:yep :yep - I understand it is frustrating but personally I would rather they do it this way than any other.

Actually as I posted on another thread - Hardwick accepts it and he said they wont be rushing Cotch because it is all about the long term

Refer:

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum//index.php?topic=10348.105

I wrote

"....the week before at the Hafey Club function Hardwick, said that Cotch was on a modified program again. He asked Campbell which was it "his muscles are too big for his tendons or the other way around?" It just means they have to watch what he does as he's body is still developing (same thing they said about him last pre-season).

Dimma also said that they would not be rushing him. There are no more short cuts at Richmond and if that means Cotchin misses games so be it.... Dimma reckons Cotchin could be an elite of the competition
"

Well on this one I will back Hardwick; he's made some tough decisions, now I'll back him to make right decisions about the long term

poo sorry for venting WP as thats all I was doing, read the post again, I think you will find that 95% of the time I DO look for positives in everything just read my last few hundred posts about the new players coming to the club. Don't pounce on me because this whole Cotchin injury thing is dragging out and I am venting. Particularly when I have just read how good Kruz is going for his pre-season. Yeah I know the Blues had first pick, ra ra ra , VENTING THATS ALL!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #317 on: December 03, 2009, 09:07:52 PM »
modified program. not the news i want to hear heading into another pre season.

looks like he will be gone for another half year at least.
3 years will pass, and we have hardly seen the bloke play.

Good onya Daniel - always looking for the positives  :thumbsup

Ditto WA Tiger

The kid's 19 for crying out loud (doesn't turn 20 until next April) this is about the long term. You complained during 2009 about them playing blokes injured and now they are going about something the right way and you are still not happy

Here's a thought you don't reckon that the club actually has him on a modified program so he doesn't have the same problems in the past which have been caused by over doing it while his body is still maturing? Have him on a modifed program so he isn't finished at 24-25 because he was pushed to hard

I mean that wouldn't be smart would it  :nope :nope

:yep :yep - I understand it is frustrating but personally I would rather they do it this way than any other.

Actually as I posted on another thread - Hardwick accepts it and he said they wont be rushing Cotch because it is all about the long term

Refer:

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum//index.php?topic=10348.105

I wrote

"....the week before at the Hafey Club function Hardwick, said that Cotch was on a modified program again. He asked Campbell which was it "his muscles are too big for his tendons or the other way around?" It just means they have to watch what he does as he's body is still developing (same thing they said about him last pre-season).

Dimma also said that they would not be rushing him. There are no more short cuts at Richmond and if that means Cotchin misses games so be it.... Dimma reckons Cotchin could be an elite of the competition
"

Well on this one I will back Hardwick; he's made some tough decisions, now I'll back him to make right decisions about the long term

if thats the case then fair enough.

i just want him on the park
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #318 on: December 03, 2009, 10:19:18 PM »
Trent Cotchin is a star and the best thing to happen to Richmond since Lids.
He will be one of the the comps best players within a couple of years.
Give this kid the time his body needs.
He won't let us down.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #319 on: December 04, 2009, 12:08:30 AM »
"....the week before at the Hafey Club function Hardwick, said that Cotch was on a modified program again. He asked Campbell which was it "his muscles are too big for his tendons or the other way around?"

I am no medical expert but what's with Trent's achillies tendons?
I can't remember too many other young players having such prolonged issues with this injury. The hip surgery I can wear but if the tendons have flared again I am genuinely concerned.
We keep hearing that they are waiting for his body to 'mature' but it's been going on for some time now and the harsh reality is that this injury is now severely affecting his development as an AFL player.
Call me a pessimist but I am tapering my expectations from here in. He'll still hopefully be a good player but he's no longer a certain champ.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #320 on: December 04, 2009, 01:42:50 AM »
Hasn't had a real good run since coming to the club and it's becoming really annoying.  :banghead

not wrong there pal.

now coming back from another post season surgery means a delayed start to training, again.

Is this guy injury prone or what.

Mark Coughlan recarnation  ;D another bad year & l would throw him to the gallows  ;D

Pfffft that will go down as the biggest brain explosion I've ever read on any sporting forum .. ever.

Ludicrous.
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #321 on: December 04, 2009, 01:46:43 AM »
Just like any big man needs time some midfielders need there legs to mature.

Go Tigers!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #322 on: December 04, 2009, 07:19:30 AM »
poo sorry for venting WP as thats all I was doing, read the post again, I think you will find that 95% of the time I DO look for positives in everything just read my last few hundred posts about the new players coming to the club. Don't pounce on me because this whole Cotchin injury thing is dragging out and I am venting. Particularly when I have just read how good Kruz is going for his pre-season. Yeah I know the Blues had first pick, ra ra ra , VENTING THATS ALL!!!!

"don't pounce on me" - that's funny  :thumbsup  ;D

Some comments were made and I posted an opinion and re-buttle, which you coul deven call venting. That's all  ;D :rollin

And BTW who cares what Kruzner's doing with Carlton... didn't look to great on the news the other night doing the bike ride around Sorrento  :lol :lol

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #323 on: December 04, 2009, 09:50:47 AM »
It seems that trent's problems stems from his muscles being too big for his tendons, as reported in another thread. I don't know if this is the case here, but this is the sort of problem that occurs when kids  bulk up 'artificially' too quickly, while their body is still growing. By artificially i mean through excercise, either excess running or more likely weights. This is why we have to be patient with skinny kids and not expect them to bulk up overnight.

Again, im not saying this is the case with trent, although it could be, just that this is the type of problem that can occur.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #324 on: December 06, 2009, 04:14:14 AM »
I couldn't find this on the web so I typed it out...

Easy does it for Trent
By Craig Hutchinson
Sunday Herald-Sun 06 Dec 2009, Page S20

RICHMOND is taking a cautious approach to the pre-season of star onballer Trent Cotchin.

The 19-year-old has been put on a modified program to nurse him through after battling injuries in his time at Tigerland.

Cotchin's manager, Anthony McConville, this week allayed fears of Cotchin re-injuring the achilles which has plagued the start of his AFL career, but admitted the Tigers were nursing him through.

``Obviously the Richmond Football Club are taking a cautious approach with Trent and his program this summer compared to his first two years,'' McConville said.

Cotchin managed 10 games between rounds eight and 18 in 2009 for a career tally of 25.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #325 on: December 06, 2009, 11:07:50 AM »

RICHMOND is taking a cautious approach to the pre-season of star onballer Trent Cotchin.

The 19-year-old has been put on a modified program to nurse him through after battling injuries in his time at Tigerland.

``Obviously the Richmond Football Club are taking a cautious approach with Trent and his program this summer compared to his first two years,'' McConville said.

:gobdrop :gobdrop :gobdrop :gobdrop

:rollin :rollin

Told Ya  :thumbsup

:yep :yep

:eyebrow :eyebrow

:gotigers

COtch will be fine - have a bit of faith in the new regime

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #326 on: December 06, 2009, 11:06:37 PM »

:gobdrop :gobdrop :gobdrop :gobdrop

:rollin :rollin

Told Ya  :thumbsup

:yep :yep

:eyebrow :eyebrow

:gotigers

COtch will be fine - have a bit of faith in the new regime

Lets just hope he is over it all before another 2 years rolls around.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #327 on: December 07, 2009, 01:08:14 AM »
just hope he can play a full season next year!

:)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #328 on: December 07, 2009, 07:24:13 AM »

You see there is lies the problem - you are wanting everything to be great (right) for 2010.

This isn't just about 2010, it is about the next decade +

I want everything to be right for the next 10-12 years and if it means a few games get missed in 2010 to  build for the future then so be it. 

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #329 on: December 07, 2009, 11:24:27 AM »

You see there is lies the problem - you are wanting everything to be great (right) for 2010.

This isn't just about 2010, it is about the next decade +

I want everything to be right for the next 10-12 years and if it means a few games get missed in 2010 to  build for the future then so be it. 

Sorry I missed the part in my post where I mentioned 2010.... :whistle. I have no problems with his rehabilitation, all I am saying is that it's becoming a little frustraiting and I hope we still are not rehabilitating him in 2 more years.!!!!!

"Rucks: