Author Topic: Trent Cotchin [merged]  (Read 403373 times)

Tigermonk

Re: Trent Cotchin [merged]
« Reply #345 on: December 08, 2009, 07:35:51 PM »

Just because you are a low draft choice does not get you a instant free ticket to play AFL, it gets you a chance to try make it too the next level.

Ummm Captain obvious.....I think RFC supporters are fully aware of the perils of the draft system. If any supporters are qualified to comment on this, its us!! That's why we can see the obvious difference between someone like Cotch and ummm....Fiora??

Tiga

Fiora was cheated out of football by being coached by people who had no idea how to develope him any futher
This has also had its bad points on current players & until thats retified down at Tigerland people like Cotchin will continue to suffer
what l'm pointing out in my statement that some cant grasp like popelord is that if a player is breaking down prior to being drafted its much harder to overcome & raising the bar to reach the next level. Even harder when your instructors are happy with what they are doing  :rollin

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #346 on: December 08, 2009, 10:51:07 PM »

Just because you are a low draft choice does not get you a instant free ticket to play AFL, it gets you a chance to try make it too the next level.

Ummm Captain obvious.....I think RFC supporters are fully aware of the perils of the draft system. If any supporters are qualified to comment on this, its us!! That's why we can see the obvious difference between someone like Cotch and ummm....Fiora??

Tiga

Fiora was cheated out of football by being coached by people who had no idea how to develope him any futher
This has also had its bad points on current players & until thats retified down at Tigerland people like Cotchin will continue to suffer
what l'm pointing out in my statement that some cant grasp like popelord is that if a player is breaking down prior to being drafted its much harder to overcome & raising the bar to reach the next level. Even harder when your instructors are happy with what they are doing  :rollin

Ahhh I get it....Nature vs Nurture  ;D

Maybe Fiora was dropped on his head when he was a baby??  ;)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #347 on: December 09, 2009, 01:57:12 AM »
Storm in a tea cup.

He has possibly 15 years left of Football.

Absolute best case scenario Pope but most unlikely considering his leg injuries.
You are certainly taking a glass full approach to Trent.

These day plenty of AFL players are finishing up in their late 20s or younger and the reality of the modern game means this year's 19, is two decades ago's 23. Many a young onballers best work is done in these early years in the current AFL environment.

I don't care how it's dressed up. This pre season (coupled with the last two) sees Cotchin missing invaluable development as an AFL player.

He's no Schulz or Raines obviously and we all know that. His raw talent means he's a damn sight more valuable to us than either of those guys and may I remind you his acquisition is the direct result of a painful wooden spoon. This is the bonifide draft pick that's there to significantly help lift us out of the doldrums.
Perhaps I am sounding melodramatic but perhaps not too, Cotchin's recurring injuries should be a concern to all and you have you head in the sand if you think otherwise.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #348 on: December 10, 2009, 01:47:14 PM »
Storm in a tea cup.

Relax. It's not like he's clogging the list holding back a Jay Schultz or an Andrew Raines....

shows how narrow minded you are popelord
re read my post again if you dont understand it

saying Cotchin has 15 years left of football is the dumbest statement l read here on the forum
sorry that many dont share your stupidity but l'm convinced now your not all with it

At 19 years of age why coudln't he play to his 34?

You make no sense. A guy has missed 2 season with injury and you've wrote him off.

Laughable
Naive
Stupid

I could go on. This negativity that continues about everything really frustrates me. How many years have we given fit players like Jay Schultz, Adam Pattison, Andrew Raines, Daniel Connors all combined have 1 tenth of the talent that Trent has.

Many successful players have had longer times away from football and have had long and successful career.

Only the stupidest man on this earth would delist a skillful, level headed 19 year old because he was injured.

It is baffling how we're still talking about this. The guy is injured get over it, we don't need him to wina premiership this year or next. Who cares.
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #349 on: December 10, 2009, 01:56:13 PM »
Dumb. Dumb comments.

How can you generalize everyone who has an injury before draft having a cloud over there head. There are endless examples of draftees that have been drafted with injuries even serious. Tom Scully just had ankle surgery.. lets all explode our brains how he has 13 minutes to recover and win Melbourne a premiership or we "throw him to the gallows"

I just can't understand how a human being can't understand that the human body can be repaired.

This is plain laughable.

It's a disgusting attitude and I have no patience for anymore.

Tiga

Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #350 on: December 10, 2009, 02:12:45 PM »
Storm in a tea cup.

Absolute best case scenario Pope but most unlikely considering his leg injuries.
You are certainly taking a glass full approach to Trent.

These day plenty of AFL players are finishing up in their late 20s or younger and the reality of the modern game means this year's 19, is two decades ago's 23. Many a young onballers best work is done in these early years in the current AFL environment.

I don't care how it's dressed up. This pre season (coupled with the last two) sees Cotchin missing invaluable development as an AFL player.

He's no Schulz or Raines obviously and we all know that. His raw talent means he's a damn sight more valuable to us than either of those guys and may I remind you his acquisition is the direct result of a painful wooden spoon. This is the bonifide draft pick that's there to significantly help lift us out of the doldrums.
Perhaps I am sounding melodramatic but perhaps not too, Cotchin's recurring injuries should be a concern to all and you have you head in the sand if you think otherwise.

MM any injury is an obvious concern as how ever small the injury is there is a risk however small that it may never recover fully. Same as we're concerned about Foley's ankle or Cousins hamstring, could it be it?

I think to completely write off a 19 year old youngster who even at 50% fitness is still in our best 22 and future 22 with the concessions that GC and WS have.

No-one is happy with Trents injury. But complaining about it and talks of delisting after the year is the biggest brain explosion I've ever heard.
Go Tigers!

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #351 on: December 10, 2009, 02:22:02 PM »
go Trent Cotchin!

:)

Tigermonk

« Reply #352 on: December 10, 2009, 02:53:09 PM »
Popelord your a no brainer, you said the same thing about Mark Coughlan duh

Cotchin is already 2 years behind & another injury riddled season would make him tradeable
He has had 3 serious injuries repaired in 2 years & is not coming up well after surgery again & the club is resting him why ?? tell me Turkey
Its because his breaking down again,  his body is struggling & so is his mind
What l like to know is how do you judge this player a highly talented champion when his played very few games & has not dominated any of them his played

Your football knowledge & labeling players future champions when they have done nothing shows your a idiot
Your a turkey who gobbles alot & does alot of scratching around forums & your a liar cause your not involved at TAC level at any club
your a TV bandit

have a good day gobbler l'm done replying to you !!!!!
& before you start l be glad to show you my football credentials in person even as recent as this year
 :lol :shh

Ox

« Reply #353 on: December 10, 2009, 03:14:27 PM »
& before you start l be glad to show you my football credentials in person even as recent as this year

Yeh mate....cuz we ll give such a stuff about your self proclaimed,superman football career. :wallywink
(the one where u couldn't hack the pressure of city life)
"BOO Hoo - I cant play footy here - I dont like the city - WAAAHHHHH - FLMFAO.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 03:56:39 PM by one-eyed »

Tigermonk

« Reply #354 on: December 10, 2009, 03:20:20 PM »

Yeh mate....cuz we ll give such a stuff about your self proclaimed,superman football career. :wallywink
(the one where u couldn't hack the pressure of city life)
"BOO Hoo - I cant play footy here - I dont like the city - WAAAHHHHH - FLMFAO.

another no brainer who never played football BAH BAH
lived in the stinking city for 6 years soccer muncher
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 03:57:25 PM by one-eyed »

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #355 on: December 10, 2009, 03:23:28 PM »
go Trent Cotchin!

:lol

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #356 on: December 10, 2009, 03:28:08 PM »
Can I meet you one day TM? Share a beer? Get a Photo and an autograph maybe?

Tigermonk

« Reply #357 on: December 10, 2009, 03:45:03 PM »

next season we will organize something where a heap of us can get together, have a  drink & catch a game  ;D

Ox

« Reply #358 on: December 10, 2009, 03:49:40 PM »

next season we will organize something where a heap of us can get together, have a  drink & catch a game  ;D

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

*he thinks ur serious*

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #359 on: December 10, 2009, 04:00:26 PM »
Leave the personal insults out of it folks and stick to the topic!