Author Topic: Trent Cotchin [merged]  (Read 403477 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Trent Cotchin [merged]
« Reply #360 on: December 10, 2009, 04:26:07 PM »
Leave the personal insults out of it folks and stick to the topic!
Wasn't mucking around ppl. Snip! We don't expect everyone to love each other  :cuddles but if you want to argue personally then leave it to PMs and offsite. Don't spoil the thread.

Offline tigergirl09

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #361 on: December 10, 2009, 08:36:47 PM »
Back onto the topic, i think that coz barely anything is happening down at tigerland ppl should stop trying to stir the pot with stupid threads about cotch (preseason has like just begun). hardwick is keeping anything that is happening on the down-low so stop trying to make news, so we can feel like we know what is going on on the inside. we can't really judge cotch properly yet as he hasnt played that many games. Give him a chance to get back into the game, then we can judge his performance.

Anyways players like cotch, lids and martin etc are the future of the club, people shouldnt be so critical so early.
 :gotigers

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #362 on: December 10, 2009, 11:08:14 PM »
Can I meet you one day TM? Share a beer? Get a Photo and an autograph maybe?

next season we will organize something where a heap of us can get together, have a  drink & catch a game  ;D

Let me know when this is happening as I will try to get over for it.

Anyway I suppose we just need to sit back now and watch how Cotch comes along leading into the season. While I agree we need to understand the rehabilitation process it is still frustrating knowing that we have a potential champion in our side that has been unable to perfrom (regularly) since coming to the club.

My thoughts only!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #363 on: December 11, 2009, 03:15:08 PM »
Popelord your a no brainer, you said the same thing about Mark Coughlan duh

Cotchin is already 2 years behind & another injury riddled season would make him tradeable
He has had 3 serious injuries repaired in 2 years & is not coming up well after surgery again & the club is resting him why ?? tell me Turkey
Its because his breaking down again,  his body is struggling & so is his mind
What l like to know is how do you judge this player a highly talented champion when his played very few games & has not dominated any of them his played

Your football knowledge & labeling players future champions when they have done nothing shows your a idiot
Your a turkey who gobbles alot & does alot of scratching around forums & your a liar cause your not involved at TAC level at any club
your a TV bandit

have a good day gobbler l'm done replying to you !!!!!
& before you start l be glad to show you my football credentials in person even as recent as this year
 :lol :shh

Wow this is getting embarrassing. How has it gone from Cotchin to what either of us do off field lol.

Coughlan was given 3 years in his mid 20's to recover unfortunately he wasn't able to. He was rightfully given a chance to comeback but unfortunately wasn't able to comeback 100%.  To claim similarities with a 28 year old injury Coughlan after OP, Knee, and chronic Hamstrings with Trent Cotchin who has had 1 Achillies injury and 1 Hip injury at 19 years of age is medically embarrassing.

Cotchin is an investment, by all means wave your arms and beat your chest about wanting to trade him. I'm wrapped the club is going to give him every chance to fulfill his potential and not explode internally and trade him in fear he may not play again at 19...

He trained fully today which has completely smashed the rubbish of his body breaking down along with his mind (laughable).

All the best Trent I'm all for giving you every opportunity to get right and continue to improve and repay the faith in your own way.

We can leave the gallows alone for the lonely supporters that simply scream and rant from there.

:gotigers

Go Tigers!

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #364 on: December 11, 2009, 05:04:59 PM »
Popelord your a no brainer, you said the same thing about Mark Coughlan duh

Cotchin is already 2 years behind & another injury riddled season would make him tradeable
He has had 3 serious injuries repaired in 2 years & is not coming up well after surgery again & the club is resting him why ?? tell me Turkey
Its because his breaking down again,  his body is struggling & so is his mind
What l like to know is how do you judge this player a highly talented champion when his played very few games & has not dominated any of them his played

Your football knowledge & labeling players future champions when they have done nothing shows your a idiot
Your a turkey who gobbles alot & does alot of scratching around forums & your a liar cause your not involved at TAC level at any club
your a TV bandit

have a good day gobbler l'm done replying to you !!!!!
& before you start l be glad to show you my football credentials in person even as recent as this year
 :lol :shh

shoot Cotchin in the head

Jake King for captian

ZOMG

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #365 on: December 11, 2009, 08:14:04 PM »
when they train in 2010, it will be interesting to see if Cotchin is training fully.

:)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #366 on: December 13, 2009, 05:18:22 PM »
when they train in 2010, it will be interesting to see if Cotchin is training fully.

:)

He is training now from Stripes report on the training thread........ :thumbsup THANK THE LORD!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #367 on: June 29, 2010, 03:25:42 PM »
Cotchin makes his mark

SO HERE we are. Round eight this year at the MCG and it’s Richmond versus Hawthorn. And it’s close. Too close, in fact, for the Hawks when you consider that not only are the Tigers winless, but they are supposedly good things to become the first team since Fitzroy in 1964 not to win a game all season.

It’s the final quarter. Hawthorn needs one more goal to put the game away for good, but as good as its midfield is, it’s getting killed at the stoppages. And the player stopping the likes of Sam Mitchell, Brad Sewell and Shaun Burgoyne getting first use of the ball is Trent Cotchin.

The rest of the article is here
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/97106/default.aspx
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #368 on: August 21, 2010, 09:24:58 PM »
'Hungry' Cotchin happy to return
richmondfc.com.au
By Ben Broad
7:35 PM Sat 21 August, 2010

RICHMOND midfielder Trent Cotchin says his four-week lay-off from AFL football made him hungrier to make an impact when he returned against St Kilda on Saturday.

Cotchin and his Tiger teammates weren’t able to get the four points against the Saints, but the young midfielder played a big part in ensuring they stayed with last year’s grand finalists for much of the day.

After serving a four-match suspension Cotchin returned to have 22 possessions (11 contested) and two goals to be clearly among his side’s best.

“I was very, very hungry,” the 20-year-old told richmondfc.com.au after his side’s 21-point loss.

“Just being around the boys for those four weeks made it even tougher, and seeing them go through a couple of tough losses has made it even more difficult.

“But it’s not about me, it’s about the team and I was just happy to be back out there, helping them out, whether it was my voice or trying to win the footy and give it to someone else.

“I suppose that was the most important thing for me.”

Richmond was gallant on Saturday, leading by as much as 17 points before Ross Lyon’s men gradually got on top in the second half.

Despite the Saints’ apparent superiority in general play, the Tigers fought hard to boot 2.7 in the final term, and could have finished closer had it not been for some wayward kicking.

“With us, that’s what we’re working at - staying in games and giving ourselves opportunities to win,” Cotchin said.

“As much as you probably wouldn’t have thought that we had an opportunity to win in the last quarter, I suppose mid-way through the last quarter we still gave ourselves a good opportunity to compete well and I think we did that to the end.”

The Tigers have come a long way in 2010, and while Saturday will go down as a loss Cotchin said the performance was another sign his team was improving.

“Obviously a disappointing result but I thought we were in the thick of it for most of the game and showed that we can play a good brand of footy,” he said.

“They’re going to be a contender for the grand final this year, so it’s nice to keep up with them for most of the game.

“I think competing with top sides definitely gives you a lot of belief, especially with a young side.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/100883/default.aspx

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #369 on: August 21, 2010, 10:12:23 PM »
WOW - Really noticing his strength in the contests, turned into a real little bull.
So much to look forward to from this team as they develop together  ;D :gotigers

Tigermonk

« Reply #370 on: August 22, 2010, 01:50:34 AM »
WOW - Really noticing his strength in the contests, turned into a real little bull.
So much to look forward to from this team as they develop together  ;D :gotigers

Yeah his exciting.
When his fit, his a very damaging & cunning player. The more reliable his body gets the stronger he performs. His fearless can say that about him.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #371 on: August 22, 2010, 06:52:12 AM »
Great game by Cotch.  Showed the Saints midfield up for the talentless hacks they are.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #372 on: August 22, 2010, 09:52:24 AM »
Totally agree with Chuck. Played a brilliant game.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #373 on: August 24, 2010, 02:24:48 PM »
He won't have a hope in hell of winning mark of the week this week lol but you can still vote for Cotch's top mark at the top of the goalsquare here:

http://www.afl.com.au/competitions/mark/mark.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #374 on: August 24, 2010, 08:13:14 PM »
Cotchin eyes full pre-season
richmondfc.com.au
By Mic Cullen
6:45 PM Tue 24 August, 2010

RICHMOND midfielder Trent Cotchin says his body has held up well this year, and he's looking forward to a full pre-season.

Cotchin was taken by the Tigers with pick two in the 2007 NAB AFL Draft, but has been plagued by achilles and other leg injuries ever since.

He has been on a modified training program from the start, and played 15, 10 and 16 games in his first three years at the club.

But he has grown into his body, and says he's hoping to do a full training load over summer for the first time.

"I'll be in contact with the rehab and conditioning guys over the off-season, but I think we'll slowly ramp it up, and hopefully I'll be in a full pre-season this year, rather than a modified program," he said at Punt Rd on Tuesday.

"It's been an okay year, and it was really nice just to get through the pre-season without any downside.

"To play most of the games being fit and available - aside from my report - has been really exciting for me, and it just gives me a lot of faith and confidence going into next year."

Cotchin admitted he had been working hard on his defensive game - after averaging around two tackles a game for the first two years, he has nearly doubled that in 2010.

"Defensive pressure is obviously one of the most important parts of the game now, and that's how you create turnovers and opportunities to score on the other end of it.

"Personally, I've got to improve my defensive game, and that's what I've been working on for this season."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/101085/default.aspx