Author Topic: Trent Cotchin [merged]  (Read 403447 times)

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Trent Cotchin [merged]
« Reply #435 on: August 22, 2011, 12:04:39 PM »
absolute star is young cotch

outstanding leader

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #436 on: August 22, 2011, 01:52:52 PM »
Up until 3 qtr time had been well held by Bartam who had done a terrific job

But the mark of a really good player & LEADER is the ability to stand up and drag your team over the line in a crunch situation. Cotch did that yesterday in the final qtr

Great effort  :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #437 on: August 22, 2011, 11:52:33 PM »
Captain cub
By Adam McNicol
Mon 22 Aug, 2011

FROM the moment he was drafted in 2007, people at Richmond have spoken of Trent Cotchin as a potential future captain.

Promoted to the leadership group after the 2009 season, the star midfielder had his first taste of captaincy when he led the Tigers into battle against Melbourne early last year.

And when usual skipper Chris Newman went down with a knee injury against Geelong a month ago, Cotchin was given another chance to fill the key role.

Three games into his stint as captain, the 21-year-old is revelling in the extra responsibility.

"I think as a leadership group we've spoken about what's required as a leader, and that's just playing your role to the best of your ability," Cotchin said at the ME Bank Centre on Monday. "That's the best way to lead.

"I've tried to listen to the guys that are around me and everyone's shown their support since I've been voted in as acting captain."

Cotchin has led Richmond to wins over the Sydney Swans and Melbourne in the past two weeks, and has been a key contributor in both games.

He collected 29 possessions to be among the best against the Swans, and although heavily tagged by the Demons, he still managed to pick up 18 touches and boot a crucial goal in the final quarter.

"The team's been fantastic," Cotchin said. "It's a team game and the efforts they've been putting in towards the changes in our structure have been good and they've been working for us."

Cotchin believes that having the title as captain has had an impact on the way he plays.

"If you are getting tagged or something like that you have to keep thinking about what's best for the team, and what action I can make to try and get the team up and going," he said.

"No doubt, I've been trying my hardest all year and being named as acting captain hasn't made me want [the ball] any more, but I'm definitely putting in my best efforts."

Nevertheless, Cotchin isn't about to try and steal Newman's job. In fact, he doesn't expect the position to become available on a full-time basis for at least another two seasons.

"Chris has done a fantastic job throughout a tough period at Tigerland," he said. "He's been fantastic this year and I'm only learning as much as I can off him at the moment.

"Everyone looks up to him at the football club, and the way he acts on-field and off-field.

"There's no doubt in my mind that he's going to be the leader for the next couple of years."

Having impressed in his role as captain, Cotchin tried his hand at coaching on Monday afternoon when he took India's International Cup team for a training session on the Punt Road Oval.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/121662/default.aspx
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/trent-cotchin-happy-to-follow-leader-chris-newman/story-e6frf9jf-1226119996460

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #438 on: August 23, 2011, 12:38:07 AM »
Hope. :gotigers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #439 on: August 28, 2011, 08:01:40 PM »
Another game from Cotch where he lead from the front. The captaincy keeps sitting very well on his shoulders.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #440 on: September 14, 2011, 12:01:21 AM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #441 on: September 14, 2011, 04:44:50 PM »
MEDIA ALERT: Jack Dyer winner Trent Cotchin will be on Channel 10 sport at approx. 5.40pm.

Source: RFC twitter

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #442 on: September 14, 2011, 06:01:18 PM »
Cotch told Ch 10 he definitely wants to be captain of Richmond when the opportunity arises as it's been a goal of his to be a leader at whichever club he is at be it when he was at junior club or now in the big league. In saying that he said Newy is doing a great job as captain and he and the team want to reward Newy with playing finals after he's been through all the tough times.

Cotch also praised Dusty for being loyal as he could have got the same as Tom Scully at GWS. The Club is a great place to be around and we all believe we are going places.

:thumbsup

tony_montana

« Reply #443 on: September 14, 2011, 06:12:49 PM »
They should have put that half volley pickup and turn against Essendon in the dreamtime game, one of the classiest passages of play of the year.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #444 on: September 14, 2011, 06:38:47 PM »
They should have put that half volley pickup and turn against Essendon in the dreamtime game, one of the classiest passages of play of the year.

Spot on Tony

Poetry in motion that was, just sublime

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #445 on: September 14, 2011, 08:28:06 PM »
Cotch told Ch 10 he definitely wants to be captain of Richmond when the opportunity arises as it's been a goal of his to be a leader at whichever club he is at be it when he was at junior club or now in the big league. In saying that he said Newy is doing a great job as captain and he and the team want to reward Newy with playing finals after he's been through all the tough times.
After the last month of the season as fill in captain, Cotch has all but sewn up being Newy's successor as captain. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #446 on: September 14, 2011, 08:46:21 PM »

Agree totally.  That goal just makes me smile.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #447 on: October 13, 2011, 09:26:26 PM »
Hamish McLaughlan from Ch 7 has offered Cotch his plane seat home from Bali...

"Another tremor here in Bali as wife and I checking out of hotel. Pretty scary stuff. May have outstayed our welcome."

"All ok Robbo but quietly pretty happen to be on the way home tonight. Soph too. Cotchin/NBrown/NBuckley all staying put."

"Ok.....given public demand...Cotchin is taking my seat & coming home with my wife tonight...I'll follow tomorrow!!!!"

gerkin greg

« Reply #448 on: October 14, 2011, 12:33:05 AM »
Everyone loves the Chimp <3

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #449 on: November 04, 2011, 12:30:15 PM »

http://yfrog.com/ntutxaj

Q. What time is it?