Author Topic: Trent Cotchin [merged]  (Read 403470 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Trent Cotchin [merged]
« Reply #900 on: July 21, 2013, 08:21:38 PM »
Now that was a captain's goal on the 3/4 time siren  :bow. A massive moment in the game and for our season. Cotch back to his best today leading from the front  :thumbsup.

Huge moment in the game. Huge effort by the skipper.
As you said MT a skippers goal and a goal which we always seemed to cop once upon a time.
We barely lost a centre break in the last.
Cotch was brilliant today. Great time to find form given our upcoming opponents and September footy on the horizon also. :thumbsup

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #901 on: July 22, 2013, 12:25:24 AM »
Looked great, very clean on both feet. Goal was massive, wasn't sure he'd make the distance tbh haha.

Still seems like he's not moving as well as usual though. I blame the knee.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #902 on: July 22, 2013, 07:09:52 AM »
Looked great, very clean on both feet. Goal was massive, wasn't sure he'd make the distance tbh haha.

Still seems like he's not moving as well as usual though. I blame the knee.

Not sure he was that "clean by feet" yesterday. Some of his disposal was terrible, said it before ditch the "dinky' short kicks that put your team mates under pressure

Certainly had a great game but some of his field kicking  :'(
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 03:36:19 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

gerkin greg

« Reply #903 on: July 22, 2013, 10:23:37 AM »
I'm sure the Chimp would ditch the dinky chip passes if his teammates worked harder to provide him with a better option instead of just skipping towards him whilst holding hands with their opponents  ::)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #904 on: July 22, 2013, 11:43:05 AM »
I'm sure the Chimp would ditch the dinky chip passes if his teammates worked harder to provide him with a better option instead of just skipping towards him whilst holding hands with their opponents  ::)

I would think that an unmarked Houli straming through the centre corridor is a better option disposal wise than a 15-20 metre "dinky" kick to Ellis that landed at his feet and resulted in a stoppage (almost turnover) ::)

gerkin greg

« Reply #905 on: July 22, 2013, 12:07:42 PM »
 ::) ::)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #906 on: July 22, 2013, 12:37:01 PM »
that goal in the third rights any faults we have seen from him lately.

massive goal, massive game

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #907 on: July 22, 2013, 12:44:26 PM »

Fair call, can't dispute that, actually said he had a great game

Just questioning the notion he was "clean by feet" yesterday, he was better but still butchered it a fair bit IMO

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

tony_montana

« Reply #909 on: July 22, 2013, 02:34:34 PM »

Fair call, can't dispute that, actually said he had a great game

Just questioning the notion he was "clean by feet" yesterday, he was better but still butchered it a fair bit IMO

Every player makes errors by foot, why are we so critical of our good players when they make errors? I watched the haw - wb game and in the first qtr Griffen was horrible with his disposal, yet by the end of the match all you hear was how good is Griff? A gun like pendlebury makes skill errors by foot every week (I watch every pies game unfortunately) yet we don't hear boo about it. Cotch makes errors and his disposal is suspect. There was a game earlier this year where Cotch had more time in possession than I can remember him having this season and hit 4-5 lace out passes to leading fwds perfectly weighted and then I come on here and here the talk of a few errors he made.

What abt Fyfe? makes more clangers and errors by foot than just about any other player in the comp. Bar G.Ablett who is a freak, every single elite midfielder butchers their fair share of kicks

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #910 on: July 22, 2013, 03:50:27 PM »
Every player makes errors by foot, why are we so critical of our good players when they make errors? I watched the haw - wb game and in the first qtr Griffen was horrible with his disposal, yet by the end of the match all you hear was how good is Griff? A gun like pendlebury makes skill errors by foot every week (I watch every pies game unfortunately) yet we don't hear boo about it. Cotch makes errors and his disposal is suspect. There was a game earlier this year where Cotch had more time in possession than I can remember him having this season and hit 4-5 lace out passes to leading fwds perfectly weighted and then I come on here and here the talk of a few errors he made.

What abt Fyfe? makes more clangers and errors by foot than just about any other player in the comp. Bar G.Ablett who is a freak, every single elite midfielder butchers their fair share of kicks

Fair points t_m.

I agree all elite mids butcher the ball. Interesting you mention Griffen it his disposal that has always had me questioning how good he actually is because he can be "elite" when it comes to butchering the ball. ;D Ditto Cooney but I see more upside in Griffen because he's long kicking is more dangerous (IMO) than his short kicking.

But I actually lean the other way and reckon alot of people give our better players more lee-way regarding their disposal.

I would suggest that people a far more critical of a Jacko, Kingy or Rance and their disposal than they are of Cotchin or say Deledio. A Jacko turnover that results in an oppostion goal can have an entire thread started/dedicated about it  ;D, Cotch or Lids don't cop that. Hence, why I reckon some of our better players don't cop the scutiny or the critical eye that our fringe players do

Offline Tigger

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #911 on: July 22, 2013, 03:54:47 PM »
Totally agree WP.

The so-called elite or stars get away with a lot more on these forums, and from supporters in general, than the non elite or average players.

tony_montana

« Reply #912 on: July 22, 2013, 04:02:50 PM »

Fair points t_m.

I agree all elite mids butcher the ball. Interesting you mention Griffen it his disposal that has always had me questioning how good he actually is because he can be "elite" when it comes to butchering the ball. ;D Ditto Cooney but I see more upside in Griffen because he's long kicking is more dangerous (IMO) than his short kicking.

But I actually lean the other way and reckon alot of people give our better players more lee-way regarding their disposal.

I would suggest that people a far more critical of a Jacko, Kingy or Rance and their disposal than they are of Cotchin or say Deledio. A Jacko turnover that results in an oppostion goal can have an entire thread started/dedicated about it  ;D, Cotch or Lids don't cop that. Hence, why I reckon some of our better players don't cop the scutiny or the critical eye that our fringe players do

to be fair I think all us tiger supporters are scarred by  years of poor skill levels and are probably overly critical of all our players  (a graders and plodders alike) in pointing out particular incidents. Maybe if we make a few finals series, we may come back to a happy medium and accept that players sometime fudge up ;D

I think when comparing what say Lids and Cotch do week in week out compared to our fringe players or scapegoats - generally they give us a lot more output than the others, hence why supporters(me included) will cut them more slack and rightfully so I would have thought

gerkin greg

« Reply #913 on: July 22, 2013, 04:40:11 PM »
to not howl down and scapegoat every mistake made is to accept mediocrity  :banghead

lul

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #914 on: July 23, 2013, 11:39:30 AM »
to not howl down and scapegoat every mistake made is to accept mediocrity  :banghead

lul

And is most certainly not the OER way!   :whistle