Author Topic: Trent Cotchin [merged]  (Read 403468 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Trent Cotchin [merged]
« Reply #960 on: August 17, 2013, 01:12:41 PM »
cotch doesnt hit targets?

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #961 on: August 17, 2013, 01:30:58 PM »
Not often enough no

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #962 on: August 17, 2013, 05:59:59 PM »
Struggled this year has Cotchin. Doubt you'll find any player in the history of the game without a season where they were below their best.
Go Tigers!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #963 on: August 17, 2013, 07:30:24 PM »
Late in the game, streaming into the F50, no pressure and kicks with the left foot,  WTF???

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #964 on: August 17, 2013, 07:44:31 PM »
^
Lol yeah. Every single person was just like dude wtf did you go the left?????

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #965 on: August 17, 2013, 07:51:29 PM »
Like Yeah dude

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #966 on: August 17, 2013, 09:27:29 PM »
Late in the game, streaming into the F50, no pressure and kicks with the left foot,  WTF???

yep mentioned it earlier smokey. Spot on.

It was very strange indeed. Not so much cause he kicked with his left but more so why didnt he go on the right where he had no pressure on him at all.

maybe its me but it seems he is trying too hard in some games.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #967 on: August 18, 2013, 10:37:39 AM »
Before the game watson interviewed Cotch and when asked about who he thought Carlton would have run with him. To finish his answer he said something about perhaps no-one, that the''l just roll the dice and open it up.

Watson laughed and said that it wasnt gong to happen, but then as the interview finished he felt he had to reinforce the point that it was not going to happen, in a more serious manner.

at the time i found it amusing, but now i just wonder if watson saw something in Cotch's midset. The way he played did nothing to dispel the thought.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #968 on: August 18, 2013, 07:28:30 PM »
Did he hurt his right knee when he got cleaned up? Could explain why he went on his left.

Why oh why would our best kicker in Deledio bounce the ball 5+ times then handball to Cotchin? Why would he not kick it himself?

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #969 on: August 20, 2013, 09:23:24 PM »
Before the game watson interviewed Cotch and when asked about who he thought Carlton would have run with him. To finish his answer he said something about perhaps no-one, that the''l just roll the dice and open it up.

Watson laughed and said that it wasnt gong to happen, but then as the interview finished he felt he had to reinforce the point that it was not going to happen, in a more serious manner.

at the time i found it amusing, but now i just wonder if watson saw something in Cotch's midset. The way he played did nothing to dispel the thought.

Interesting observation al. I remember seeing and thinking it was a little too sugary for a pre-game interview and I remember that moment with Watson too. I think sometimes especially in pre game interviews in the rooms, if Watson's interview starts becoming a bit too jovial he will try and steer it back very quickly with a 'serious' observation. That's all I thought it was at the time.

Struggled this year has Cotchin. Doubt you'll find any player in the history of the game without a season where they were below their best.
Good point.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #970 on: September 04, 2013, 04:15:09 PM »
Pain won't slow Trent Cotchin as he leads from the front

By Jennifer Phelan
afl.com.au
Wednesday, September 4, 2013

RICHMOND captain Trent Cotchin has admitted discomfort from the knee he hurt back in April persisted throughout the middle part of the season but is under control going into the finals.

The 23-year-old suffered bone bruising when he hyperextended his knee against Fremantle in round five.

While he played the following week against Geelong, he was ruled out of the Tigers' round seven clash against Port Adelaide at AAMI Stadium.

He hasn't missed a game since but conceded it did linger and he initially had to manage it carefully.

"At this stage it's pretty free and there are no other issues so I've just got to make sure my body's ready to go next week," Cotchin told AFL.com.au.

"It was a little bit of a battle through the middle of the year, but my main focus this season has been doing my role for the team and I think that's been the majority of our guys' focuses.

"That's what you see in the strong cultures that are at the top all the time and that's what we're trying to get to."

On Tuesday morning, after the reality of finishing in the top eight had sunk in, Cotchin said the players were getting ready to embrace an unfamiliar experience as they prepared for Sunday's elimination final against Carlton.

They were set to train later on in the day, where he said he expected a little bit of natural anxiety to set in.

Cotchin predicted plenty of enthusiasm to shine through as the players prepared to break a finals drought in front of a predicted crowd of over 85,000.

"It's very different to previous years. A couple of jokes have been flying around that the boys would have been having a drink yesterday, so it's very different for us but we're excited," he said.

"In my time at Richmond, you see how proud and passionate our supporters are and to be starved of that opportunity for 12 or so years is a long time.

"The reality is, that's just sometimes how it works and we're very excited about the opportunity, but we know the challenge is ahead and we need to put our best four-quarter effort in on Sunday."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-04/pain-wont-slow-cotchin

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #971 on: September 04, 2013, 04:32:26 PM »
Has had a poor season this year, if he backs up with the same crap next season the some hard calls will have to be made. The captaincy is clearly a burden upon him....

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #972 on: September 04, 2013, 05:09:59 PM »
I'm expecting Chimp to revel on the big stage this Sunday. :thumbsup

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #973 on: September 04, 2013, 05:15:57 PM »
I'm expecting Chimp to revel on the big stage this Sunday. :thumbsup
X2