Author Topic: Trent Cotchin [merged]  (Read 403392 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Trent Cotchin [merged]
« Reply #990 on: December 27, 2013, 12:47:25 PM »
Cotchin learns valuable lessons

Tony Greenberg 
richmondfc.com.au
December 27, 2013

It speaks volumes for Trent Cotchin’s sheer football talent that he could have, in his own words, an “up and down” 2013, yet still top the rankings for the Richmond team in several key on-field categories, poll 19 Brownlow Medal votes, and secure another top-five placing in the Jack Dyer Medal.       

Read more at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-12-27/cotchin-learns-valuable-lessons                 

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #991 on: January 18, 2014, 10:30:33 PM »
RICHMOND: Trent Cotchin, ankle, achilles, pre-seasons 2008 and 2009.

The future Richmond captain didn't have the best run when he first started his career. After being selected with pick No.2 in the 2007 NAB AFL Draft, he went about rehabilitating the fractured ankle he suffered in the TAC Cup finals. Then, his achilles became inflamed and his ankle continued to hurt, which meant he didn't debut until round eight in 2008. Then, the following summer, he was dogged by another bout of achilles soreness that again kept him from playing seniors until round eight. He had hip surgery late in 2009 but was able to start the 2010 season on time and played 17 games that year. In the past three years, he's missed one game and has put those problems behind him, but one wonders how quickly he could have become as good as he is now had he had those formative pre-seasons under his belt. - Jennifer Phelan

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-01-18/preseason-injuries-your-clubs-most-recent-big-blow

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #992 on: February 22, 2014, 10:10:06 PM »
VIDEO of the Captain's 4 goals (to along with his 33 possies)  :bow

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2014-02-22/cotchin-kicks-four

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #993 on: February 23, 2014, 12:29:29 AM »
Gun

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #994 on: February 23, 2014, 07:20:25 AM »
This is the area Cotch need to improve, kicking goals, he took a step towards that today, if he does this in the season proper he will be the complete package!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #995 on: February 23, 2014, 01:17:33 PM »
Short memory, his two goals in the first final last year were class

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #996 on: February 23, 2014, 01:22:44 PM »

He rarely kicks goals!!

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #997 on: February 23, 2014, 01:45:00 PM »

He rarely kicks goals!!

Had a lean year last year and didn't kick many in his first three season which were all interrupted by injury, but 61 goals in 108 games, including 39 in his first two full seasons - and a career average of 1.77 goals every 2 games is hardly "rarely" and probably about par for a mid...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #998 on: February 23, 2014, 03:14:58 PM »

He rarely kicks goals!!

Had a lean year last year and didn't kick many in his first three season which were all interrupted by injury, but 61 goals in 108 games, including 39 in his first two full seasons - and a career average of 1.77 goals every 2 games is hardly "rarely" and probably about par for a mid...

He kicks less than many other midfielders (stars) and I would hazard a guess that Watson kicked more than him last year....I may be wrong though.. ;)

Even Cotch admits its area where he wants to improve, so he is saying it himself, so is the coach.

"Rucks:

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #999 on: February 23, 2014, 05:26:03 PM »

He rarely kicks goals!!

Your original comment said he needs to start kicking goals and yesterday he took the first step towards that.

I say that is complete BS and that rather than kicking goals in a NAB cup match in last years final he kicked two extremely important goals, one a left foot snap that not many other footballers could do and the other a goal right at half time.

I know you have trouble sticking to your own story however this one is clear cut.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1000 on: February 23, 2014, 05:39:47 PM »

He rarely kicks goals!!

Your original comment said he needs to start kicking goals and yesterday he took the first step towards that.

I say that is complete BS and that rather than kicking goals in a NAB cup match in last years final he kicked two extremely important goals, one a left foot snap that not many other footballers could do and the other a goal right at half time.

I know you have trouble sticking to your own story however this one is clear cut.

Yes that's right and yes he did.

Did we win???? He should be kicking goals every/most game 2-4. I watched a game last year where he missed about 5 set shots..

No I don't and yes it is, he needs to do what he did yesterday more regularly!!!

Now stuff off back to BF where you belong on the Collingwood forum and stop trolling here!!

"Rucks:

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1001 on: February 23, 2014, 07:18:55 PM »
2013 was an anomaly for Cotch.
If any of you watched him as a junior extensively, he was often used as a forward and kicked many goals.  PEG used to clear the forward line and leave him one out on his opponent.  He used to destroy.
I noticed last preseason that his radar was off compared to 2012.  He looks much sharper this year.  He is back to the Cotch that we all know.  That precision is back.
As long as he is injury free, he is set for a bumper year!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #1002 on: February 23, 2014, 07:45:25 PM »
15/1 fir Charlie  :burgereater

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1003 on: February 23, 2014, 07:58:30 PM »

He rarely kicks goals!!

Did we win???? He should be kicking goals every/most game 2-4. I watched a game last year where he missed about 5 set shots..

No I don't and yes it is, he needs to do what he did yesterday more regularly!!!

Now stuff off back to BF where you belong on the Collingwood forum and stop trolling here!!

Why are you bringing winning or losing into it?, the point in question is when Cotch started kicking goals in games, you said the first step was yesterday.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1004 on: February 23, 2014, 08:10:03 PM »

He rarely kicks goals!!

44 to 88 goals a season for Cotchin. :clapping