Author Topic: Trent Cotchin [merged]  (Read 403403 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Trent Cotchin [merged]
« Reply #1005 on: February 23, 2014, 10:20:12 PM »
Richmond wants skipper Trent Cotchin to drift forward and kick more goals

Glenn McFarlane
    February 23, 2014 7:18PM

RICHMOND wants captain Trent Cotchin to push forward more often — and kick more goals — this season as the Tigers seek greater flexibility from its midfield brigade.

Cotchin gave a glimpse of what might be a valuable weapon for the Tigers this season when he kicked four goals in Saturday’s NAB Challenge clash with Collingwood in Wangaratta.

And coach Damien Hardwick said the plan was to see more of this when the home-and-away season kicks off for the Tigers, against Gold Coast on March 15.

“It is something we need for him to do,” Hardwick said. “He is such a valuable one-on-one player, as is (Brett) Deledio. They are really hard guys to match up on.

“We have got to make sure we continue to give him the chance to push forward.

“With Dustin (Martin) off half-back and Cotchin off half-back at various stages and up forward as well, it just creates flexibility for our side.

“It is something we probably didn’t exploit as much last year and we will be looking to do a bit more of that. We will continue to tinker.”

Incredibly, Cotchin only managed six goals from his 22 games last season, including two kicked in the Tigers’ elimination final loss to Carlton.

He has kicked 61 goals from his 108 games, including a career-high 21 in 2012, but Cotchin and the Tigers are confident he can prove a dangerous force, if given more time in attack.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-wants-skipper-trent-cotchin-to-drift-forward-and-kick-more-goals/story-fndv8t7m-1226835349855

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1006 on: February 24, 2014, 07:35:05 AM »
Richmond wants skipper Trent Cotchin to drift forward and kick more goals

Glenn McFarlane
    February 23, 2014 7:18PM

RICHMOND wants captain Trent Cotchin to push forward more often — and kick more goals — this season as the Tigers seek greater flexibility from its midfield brigade.

Cotchin gave a glimpse of what might be a valuable weapon for the Tigers this season when he kicked four goals in Saturday’s NAB Challenge clash with Collingwood in Wangaratta.

And coach Damien Hardwick said the plan was to see more of this when the home-and-away season kicks off for the Tigers, against Gold Coast on March 15.

“It is something we need for him to do,” Hardwick said. “He is such a valuable one-on-one player, as is (Brett) Deledio. They are really hard guys to match up on.

“We have got to make sure we continue to give him the chance to push forward.

“With Dustin (Martin) off half-back and Cotchin off half-back at various stages and up forward as well, it just creates flexibility for our side.

“It is something we probably didn’t exploit as much last year and we will be looking to do a bit more of that. We will continue to tinker.”

Incredibly, Cotchin only managed six goals from his 22 games last season, including two kicked in the Tigers’ elimination final loss to Carlton.

He has kicked 61 goals from his 108 games, including a career-high 21 in 2012, but Cotchin and the Tigers are confident he can prove a dangerous force, if given more time in attack.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-wants-skipper-trent-cotchin-to-drift-forward-and-kick-more-goals/story-fndv8t7m-1226835349855

Gee, the RFC recognizes it too, they must also not have a clue eh boys.... :whistle

Great stats from last year too...take the two goals away from the final and.... :whistle

All I said was he should be kicking more goals, pity some of the forum "Coaches" cant see it.. :wallywink
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1007 on: February 24, 2014, 12:27:25 PM »
You said he should kick 2-4 a game. That's at least 44 a season. Name a midfielder who produces that? And he kicked 21 goals in 2012, very impressive considering we were an average side. Last year he stuck it out with a bung knee and played in the guts all year. And it makes it harder to kick goals when you're injured and not resting forward as much

“It is something we probably didn’t exploit as much last year"

We can use big font to prove a point too

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1008 on: February 24, 2014, 01:08:54 PM »
You said he should kick 2-4 a game. That's at least 44 a season. Name a midfielder who produces that? And he kicked 21 goals in 2012, very impressive considering we were an average side. Last year he stuck it out with a bung knee and played in the guts all year. And it makes it harder to kick goals when you're injured and not resting forward as much

“It is something we probably didn’t exploit as much last year"

We can use big font to prove a point too

He kicked six goals last year, six, that's it.....he's admitted he needs to kick more, the coach has too, why cant you see it????

44 a season, so what, why cant he?????

Excuses are easier to find than solutions, you probably live by that..bung knee and all... :wallywink

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1009 on: February 24, 2014, 04:01:19 PM »
Oh well if we are making poo up I want him to kick 66 goals per season

Anything below that will be a failure.

I also want him to average 15 tackles a game as well. Just throwing it out there.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1010 on: February 24, 2014, 04:04:41 PM »

I also want him to average 15 tackles a game as well. Just throwing it out there.

Please show me where I said "failure" brains????

"Rucks:

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1011 on: February 24, 2014, 05:46:59 PM »

Well WAT wants him to kick 2-4 a game. If he does that he will be around the 60 mark. Not unrealistic. Actually I think we should be pushing all our midfielders to kick at least 30+ and that includes Jacko.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1012 on: February 24, 2014, 05:50:56 PM »

Well WAT wants him to kick 2-4 a game. If he does that he will be around the 60 mark. Not unrealistic. Actually I think we should be pushing all our midfielders to kick at least 30+ and that includes Jacko.

coach, hey, he might kick 3-6 a game, that would be great too!!!

Realistically, 1-2 with the occasional 3-4 thrown in would be a very good season..
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 06:03:17 PM by WilliamPowell »

"Rucks:

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1013 on: February 24, 2014, 05:56:29 PM »

coach, hey, he might kick 3-6 a game, that would be great too!!!

Realistically, 1-2 with the occasional 3-4 thrown in would be a very good season..

Hey muchacho. You said 2-4 a game, that is 44 at the very least for the season. Not sure what the issue is here.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 06:04:23 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1014 on: February 24, 2014, 06:07:03 PM »
Snip

No need for the insults

Just stick to the topic and debate that

And just a reminder about the 3 strikes policy

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=17325.msg415648#msg415648
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1015 on: February 24, 2014, 06:22:46 PM »
Cotchin to be the first midfielder to win the Coleman.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1016 on: February 24, 2014, 06:49:29 PM »
unless they give up on martin playing accross half back as part of his rotations.
He would have had three goals to half time on the weekend if he'd played midfield resting forward.

two midfielders 1 and 2 in the coleman race!

wowee, we wont even need defenders at that rate.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1017 on: February 24, 2014, 07:24:01 PM »
Cotchin to be the first midfielder to win the Coleman.

Oh yeh  :clapping

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1018 on: February 24, 2014, 07:26:06 PM »
unless they give up on martin playing accross half back as part of his rotations.
He would have had three goals to half time on the weekend if he'd played midfield resting forward.

two midfielders 1 and 2 in the coleman race!

wowee, we wont even need defenders at that rate.

That gets a double  :clapping  :clapping

If we do without a couple of backmen we could put two more midfielders in the side that both would be kicking 50+ goals per season

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1019 on: February 24, 2014, 07:46:54 PM »
FFS even the last 3 posters can see it :banghead