Author Topic: Trent Cotchin [merged]  (Read 403465 times)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trent Cotchin [merged]
« Reply #1050 on: April 06, 2014, 09:02:12 AM »
I think that is a great call lozza but he is only 23
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1051 on: April 06, 2014, 09:05:40 AM »
Captains kick goals
His effort  when running into goals 35m out and tries to pass to Jackson says enough
I agree he should have kicked the goal instead of passing BUT it's only one example. In the elimination final last year he kicked a couple of fantastic captains goals. Nobody wants to mention the ones he has kicked. I've seen all the players mentioned as better captains make similar mistakes but they happen so infrequently that not many remember them.
The guy is a young captain. He is still learning being a leader. He needs help from team mates as well. It is a team game you know, not a one man band.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1052 on: April 06, 2014, 09:18:06 AM »
He has lost confidence since his 2012 season.
It seems the continual burden of continual expectation with very little support around him has hindered him.

Where are the jumper tugs after a big goal ie dreamtime 2012 or the fist pumps now?
Seems to not inspire anymore just play.

As captain of the club needs to be expressive. We laugh at Jack but maybe Cotch needs to start staring down teammates when they do the wrong thing.

Difference between us Hawthorn, Geelong, Sydney is all players are accountable and those who fail to adhere to team disciplines are subject to scrutiny our blokes just  seem to cruise and take no responsibility whatsoever. It's okay to blame a few spuds when we lose a close one but the apparent lack of leadership from a so called good side is evident.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1053 on: April 06, 2014, 09:19:50 AM »
F me talk about eating our own

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1054 on: April 06, 2014, 09:20:35 AM »
He was our best by a long way yesterday in spite of the goals he missed.

Gigantor

« Reply #1055 on: April 06, 2014, 09:55:53 AM »
He grabbed the team by the scruff of the neck yesterday and single handed got us back into the game

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #1056 on: April 06, 2014, 10:44:41 AM »
Captains kick goals
His effort  when running into goals 35m out and tries to pass to Jackson says enough
An Ablett, Watson, Selwood and I could go on would have nailed that goal. Don't get me wrong Trent plays his guts out for the team but sometimes in those key moments its like it all weighs too heavily on his shoulders and he has a brain explosion. Still seems to lack that out an out confidence of an AFL captain that the others mentioned have in spades.

Correct

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1057 on: April 06, 2014, 10:59:21 AM »

:lol

The same own that we were all idolising last year as we marched to the finals. 

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #1058 on: April 06, 2014, 11:39:47 AM »

:lol

The same own that we were all idolising last year as we marched to the finals.

Reality check we got beaten by 9th placed Carlton in final
2015 we have gone backwards by 10% where other teams have improved 10%
Watching Grigg .Edwards yesterday and watching the captain kick the ball bearly 10 metres on the outer wing to Jackson yesterday makes me think we have lost the plot
After 3 rounds .no finals in 2015 at this rate

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1059 on: April 06, 2014, 12:29:51 PM »
Captains kick goals

Agree, its the 1 chink in his armour. Cotchin's mistakes are the least of our worries. Ablett made 3 mistakes in a row yesterday and the commentators made a big deal out of it. When ever the best players make mistakes its blown up.

Haven't heard about Chaplins mr money bags and leadership extradanaire's turn over clangers that cost us 2 goals by kicking 2 15m kicks straight to WB players. They and many others are bigger issues than Trent missing goals.
Go Tigers!

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #1060 on: April 06, 2014, 12:35:42 PM »
Why were my posts deleted? Can't have an opinion ? Why is it not right to say he doesn't hit targets?

He doesn't
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1061 on: April 06, 2014, 12:38:00 PM »
You are lucky they were deleted along with ours. That petition would get 100 signatures on here pal

Rampstar

« Reply #1062 on: April 06, 2014, 12:57:08 PM »
Where is my post telling Mrakov to go and get f.u.c.ked.? Seriously you blokes dont have a sense of humor  ;D

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1063 on: April 06, 2014, 12:59:10 PM »
You guys are shocking just stick to the topic please

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1064 on: April 06, 2014, 01:53:04 PM »
Captains kick goals
An Ablett, Watson, Selwood and I could go on would have nailed that goal. Don't get me wrong Trent plays his guts out for the team but sometimes in those key moments its like it all weighs too heavily on his shoulders and he has a brain explosion. Still seems to lack that out an out confidence of an AFL captain that the others mentioned have in spades.

Dare I say it...   :whistle :whistle AGREE

He has lost confidence since his 2012 season.
It seems the continual burden of continual expectation with very little support around him has hindered him.

Where are the jumper tugs after a big goal ie dreamtime 2012 or the fist pumps now?
Seems to not inspire anymore just play.

As captain of the club needs to be expressive. We laugh at Jack but maybe Cotch needs to start staring down teammates when they do the wrong thing.

Difference between us Hawthorn, Geelong, Sydney is all players are accountable and those who fail to adhere to team disciplines are subject to scrutiny our blokes just  seem to cruise and take no responsibility whatsoever. It's okay to blame a few spuds when we lose a close one but the apparent lack of leadership from a so called good side is evident.

Very good call Don
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)