Author Topic: Trent Cotchin [merged]  (Read 403439 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Trent Cotchin [merged]
« Reply #2370 on: June 02, 2021, 02:12:32 PM »
Here's the Club's statement as mentioned by pmac in the team changes thread.

Trent Cotchin statement

Richmond has released the following statement regarding captain Trent Cotchin’s availability ahead of this Saturday’s Dreamtime game.

By Richmond Media
2 June 2021

Richmond acknowledges interest in captain Trent Cotchin’s availability ahead of this Saturday’s Dreamtime game.

Cotchin remains a part of the football program in Sydney, and is monitoring a personal matter at home in Victoria.

Richmond General Manager- Football Performance, Tim Livingstone said the Club would continue to support Cotchin and his family however possible.

“Trent has our full support and, as always, family comes first,” he said.

The Club will make no further comment.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/950610/trent-cotchin-club-statement

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2371 on: June 02, 2021, 03:47:44 PM »
The AFL website just tweeted and posted this without adding any new info.

Trent Cotchin could miss Saturday's Dreamtime clash with Essendon in Perth.

https://twitter.com/AFL/status/1399962918217678848
https://www.afl.com.au/news/624940/tigers-skipper-considers-returning-home-after-family-health-issue

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2372 on: June 02, 2021, 11:58:13 PM »
Brooke Cotchin received this absolutely vile message today. You’d honestly think that everyone would be a little kinder these days with everything we’re all going through but obviously not. Trent is human to and family will always come first. Sickening.
https://twitter.com/jordss27/status/1400028096842010625

Brooke's response to that 'message':

https://www.instagram.com/stories/blkcotchin/2587113569078620863/?hl=en

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2373 on: June 03, 2021, 01:17:36 AM »
As a parent of a 2 year old and 5 week old, I would fight anyone who would come between me and being there for my family. pee poor from Tony.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2374 on: June 03, 2021, 03:34:52 AM »
Why the f do people feel it necessary to message her to tell how they feel.  :banghead

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2375 on: June 03, 2021, 07:34:30 AM »
Is Trent's daughter sick or SICK?

Regardless it's not our business. Doesn't need to be on social media. Just keep it within your family.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #2376 on: June 03, 2021, 09:37:15 AM »
Tony is adding fuel to the fire.

Clown.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2377 on: June 03, 2021, 10:56:54 AM »
Why would she reply to this guy? 

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #2378 on: June 03, 2021, 10:57:04 AM »
Brooke Cotchin received this absolutely vile message today. You’d honestly think that everyone would be a little kinder these days with everything we’re all going through but obviously not. Trent is human to and family will always come first. Sickening.
https://twitter.com/jordss27/status/1400028096842010625

Brooke's response to that 'message':

https://www.instagram.com/stories/blkcotchin/2587113569078620863/?hl=en

What is sad is that Brooke will cop it because some people are just very, very silly. "Some people" not all. People need to be better than that and if that was that muppets' child I am sure he would be wanting to be with his daughter too. And if not, he is a muppet of all muppets. Muppet!

Family First Always!

:gotigers

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2379 on: June 03, 2021, 11:14:58 AM »
Switch off your socials. Good for you, good for your family.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2380 on: June 03, 2021, 11:58:33 AM »
Why would she reply to this guy? 

Because she likes the attention.

My parents mind my kids while my wife and I work/study in lockdown. Don't need to post a selfie of myself at the hospital to prove anything.

HRT is 100% on the money. Get off your social media!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2381 on: June 03, 2021, 12:11:44 PM »
'He'll be on the plane': Cotchin set for WA trip despite family illness

Tigers skipper Trent Cotchin's family has encouraged him to travel to Perth for Dreamtime in the West

By AAP
3 June 2021

RICHMOND captain Trent Cotchin is set to travel to Perth for the Tigers' Dreamtime in the West clash with Essendon, rather than making an early return to Victoria to be with his sick daughter.

One of Cotchin's daughters has been in hospital in Melbourne, with the 31-year-old monitoring the situation from the Tigers' current base in Sydney.

Coach Damien Hardwick said Cotchin planned to stay with the team and travel for Saturday's game – his family's preference – unless the situation changed.

"At this stage, he will (make the trip to Perth)," Hardwick told reporters on Thursday.

"Obviously Trent's spoken to (his wife) Brooke and 'Kenz' (daughter Mackenzie) as well and look at the moment, relatively stable. So from that point of view, he'll stay but that can change.

"Once again, from our point of view as a club, family will always come first and Brooke's adamant that she wants him to stay (with the team) and Trent'll make that decision if the condition changes.

"But from our point of view, he'll be on the plane come tomorrow."

Hardwick said Cotchin had continued to lead the Tigers with aplomb, despite his personal situation.

"Knowing Trent as well as I do, he'd be hurting inside – there's no doubt. No one likes to have a sick child, especially when you feel so far away from home," Hardwick said.

"But Trent is very, very good at making sure everyone around him is OK. He's such a selfless person and (it's) what makes him a great captain and a great leader of our football club.

"Look, he's doing a little bit tough at the moment but he's continued to lead the club as we always know he would.

"So he's very strong in his leadership, very vocal in his communication and we expect that (to) continue until something changes."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/625093/-he-ll-be-on-the-plane-cotchin-set-for-wa-trip-despite-family-illness

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #2382 on: June 03, 2021, 12:38:41 PM »
This is why it’s really a pointless exercise having a non private social media
I mean what’s the point really? Does everyone need to know what your doing everyday? Does everyone need to see what new thing the kids did?

People are people. Some people are trying to be funny some people are nice and some people are just plain mean spirited and get off on any type of recognition or reaction.

Is there really any reason why Brooke needs to have an Instagram profile that’s not protected by privacy for only those people whom she loves who can monitor her day to day and enjoy her posts? 

Wouldn’t it be easier on her considering she mentioned she was suicidal from what happened last year?

The club that keeps giving.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2383 on: June 03, 2021, 01:50:08 PM »
I'm sure it probably generates revenue as an influencer would be the only reason to have it public you would think. 

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2384 on: June 03, 2021, 01:51:09 PM »
Probably because she earns some money through advertising products on her social media. I know If I could make money for posting pictures of random clothes/items I sure as hell would.