Author Topic: Trent Cotchin [merged]  (Read 403458 times)

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Re: Trent Cotchin [merged]
« Reply #2625 on: September 08, 2022, 09:12:45 PM »

Leave it to claw to take 2 quality players wanting to come to Richmond as an opportunity to say I told you so.

:lol

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2626 on: September 09, 2022, 12:26:27 AM »
Just on this. We are in a world of pain when so much is relied upon on a 33 yo with no kids coming thru to take over his role.
Atm we want to hope his body can hold out and failing that find some real help in a similar role for him.

I'm sure there was a kid named Tyler Sonsie in the midfield. Can't be right as you said we have no kids coming though.  A few other debutants have shown signs this year also. Hardly "no kids"

Well well well mr literal. Just for you we have few mids coming thru, is that good enough for you.
 in fact atm you would say Sonsie is the only one and he has a fair way to go to get anywhere near Cotchins level.
In fact does not look like a Cotchin type ATM !!!of course.

Cmon tell me what other young mid is there. Ross lol. RC-D FMD he cannot get a game no matter how he performs and my money is on being cut or most likely he asks for a trade for a proper opportunity. Dow sheesh he too cannot demand a regular game or show consistent afl attributes.

The simple truth is those young mids who should be stepping up, that is been around for a little while now are showing nothing or have been  just ordinary.

Ya know we  might help ourselves if we actually drafted mids rather than small fwds and backs or flankers.

No need for me to make any further comment as I am not the one making continued false or rediculas claims in my posts.

Why is that mr literal ? you might have to admit and actually say we only have Sonsie a first yr player and that  Ross  Dow  Martyn and RC-D have been underwhelming to date.

We can all see why we are going after Taranto and Hopper but noone  wants to talk about. Should i say it?  you bet ya.  delusion remains alive and well with many  long may it last.HHHaaarrrggghhh

To be fair Taranto and Hopper were picks 2 and 7 respectively.

We've not really had anything close to that these last five years bar '21 and I'm happy with Gibcus.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2627 on: September 09, 2022, 03:47:43 AM »
Just on this. We are in a world of pain when so much is relied upon on a 33 yo with no kids coming thru to take over his role.
Atm we want to hope his body can hold out and failing that find some real help in a similar role for him.

I'm sure there was a kid named Tyler Sonsie in the midfield. Can't be right as you said we have no kids coming though.  A few other debutants have shown signs this year also. Hardly "no kids"

Well well well mr literal. Just for you we have few mids coming thru, is that good enough for you.
 in fact atm you would say Sonsie is the only one and he has a fair way to go to get anywhere near Cotchins level.

Cmon tell me what other young mid is there. Ross lol. RC-D FMD he cannot get a game no matter how he performs and my money is on being cut or most likely he asks for a trade for a proper opportunity. Dow sheesh he too cannot demand a regular game or show consistent afl attributes.

The simple truth is those young mids who should be stepping up, that is been around for a little while now are showing nothing or have been  just ordinary.

Ya know we  might help ourselves if we actually drafted mids rather than small fwds and backs or flankers.

No need for me to make any further comment as I am not the one making continued false or rediculas claims in my posts.

Why is that mr literal ? you might have to admit and actually say we only have Sonsie a first yr player and that  Ross  Dow  Martyn and RC-D have been underwhelming to date.

We can all see why we are going after Taranto and Hopper but noone  wants to talk about. Should i say it?  you bet ya.  delusion remains alive and well with many  long may it last.HHHaaarrrggghhh

Do you use audio text when posting? If so, the HHHaaarrrggghhh bit is the giveaway
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #2628 on: September 09, 2022, 05:37:04 AM »
:lol
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2629 on: September 09, 2022, 03:32:21 PM »
Good point Andy
If you have late picks your less likely to get top shelf

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #2630 on: September 10, 2022, 07:39:50 PM »

As I said before I have no need to make further comment as I am not one making continued false or rediculas claims. I may be Mr literal as you claim but it's better than being Mr "consistently wrong", or " Mr look at me" , or " Mr Not a real Tiger" .  You can take your pick or I'm sure I can come up with a few more titles if you don't like those.  Oh just thought of a new one, Mr we are only going after 2 quality players because claw says we are crap and have no players coming though. It won't stick though because it's too long, pitty. Personally I'm happy (or delusional) with the steps our younger players took this year but It obvious you disagree. But this is the Trent Cochin thread and we are really getting off track. Glad he signed for another year, will need to be managed but was playing some good football even if it was a not as consistent as previous years.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2631 on: September 29, 2022, 03:37:46 PM »
A certain 3-time premiership captain didn't make Lloyd's list  :whistle.

https://twitter.com/traderadio/status/1575250363195981824

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2632 on: September 29, 2022, 03:40:12 PM »
Geez no Essendon bias there lol

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2633 on: September 29, 2022, 03:55:58 PM »
Yeah bemused to back to back premiership captain to only done a couple of times before.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2634 on: September 29, 2022, 04:06:20 PM »
It’s Voss, Hodge and Cotchin. All the others don’t matter, Hodge and Cotchin were far and away the most selfless of leaders which is the single most important trait for a captain of 22 players to have
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2635 on: September 29, 2022, 04:12:07 PM »
Pendlebury, Selwood and Hird don't really belong on that list lol

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2636 on: September 29, 2022, 05:15:45 PM »

I would defs have Selwood in there. I know a lot of people don’t like him but he’s led Geelong brilliantly imo both on and off the field.

Hird I agree no business there. Cotch should be a lock - there’s only a handful of 3 time premiership captains in vfl/afl history let alone since the year 2000.

Final place is a bit harder to pick, maybe someone like Brett Kirk?

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #2637 on: September 29, 2022, 05:23:22 PM »

I would defs have Selwood in there. I know a lot of people don’t like him but he’s led Geelong brilliantly imo both on and off the field.

Hird I agree no business there. Cotch should be a lock - there’s only a handful of 3 time premiership captains in vfl/afl history let alone since the year 2000.

Agree
Don’t get people saying Selwood doesn’t belong on the list
From all reports an amazing leader/captain .. and that’s long before all the retirement emotion etc

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2638 on: September 29, 2022, 06:45:38 PM »
Selwood hodge boss and Cotchin. Of course Selwood belongs there he is an absolute champion of the game, as much as it pains me to say. 5th place ? Could be any number of players.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2639 on: September 29, 2022, 09:26:03 PM »

I misread the Lloyd post. Thought he said 'premiership captain'.

Going off regular club captains Selwood absolutely is up there. Hodge, Cotch, Voss also.

Dunno about Pendlebury. Honestly Gawn has been very good for the Dee's IMO.