Author Topic: Richmond vs Collingwood @ the M.C.G., Round 19, 2018  (Read 12129 times)

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Collingwood @ the M.C.G., Round 19, 2018
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2018, 05:05:21 PM »
Bests Broad, Edwards, Reiwoldt

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2018, 06:08:58 PM »
The main positive today for mine was we won without our big guns having their usual influence. Cotch, Rioli, Rance and Dusty (aside from his 3 goals playing deep forward) were contained. Compare that to Collingwood who still lost despite Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Phillips, Adams & Thomas getting a stack of it.

Thought Broad & Astbury were our best today. Jack our best of those forward of the ball.

Hit the nail on the head.Take the 4 pts and win move on.Can't play pretty all the time have to dog out games sometimes.Good sign when our big guns don't all fire we still capable.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2018, 06:24:25 PM »
Collingwood at full strength scare me a little - hopefully they are knocked out before they get to us .
Unleash the tornado

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2018, 07:43:10 PM »
I felt Collingwood gave us their best shot. They were missing Treloar and Degoey which means they were seriously hampered and they lost two players during the game. I thought they were really good. and yes they could pose a problem, but we are missing players too.
I felt we needed a big man up forward, a Callum Coleman Jones type who could take advantage of the pies midget defence and also help
out Nank in the ruck. In finals we will not be able to go against Collingwood with only 1 ruck, they did us over whenever Nank was off the ground. ANYWAY it was a good win and now we have an extra game break on Collingwood. It was an important win for us and hopefully
our players will go on with it from here.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2018, 08:42:05 PM »
I to thought Collingwood were very impressive. Really like their midfield. But for all their midfield dominance they still failed.

We were poo for the second and third quarter. Lost every facet of the game but we were still in front.

This means we have a lot of improving to do and I believe come finals we will turn it up a notch like last year.
The club that keeps giving.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2018, 09:09:30 PM »
Bests Broad, Edwards, Reiwoldt

Thought broad was great! Would also throw in astbury and prior to that massive hit Prestia was all over it.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2018, 09:19:01 PM »
And also be prepared for the weekly headlines/tv segments/talkback radio to be praising Collingwood in defeat rather than us in victory.....

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2018, 09:26:21 PM »
I haven’t read much of this thread and I apologise if the answer has already been given, but who was playing on Thomas today?
He kicked 4 but he also ran around by himself all day.
I would hope if an opposition forward has 3 goals on the board, Dimma would lock someone down on him from that point.
You put Grimes on him and his day is over.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2018, 09:28:27 PM »
Seen Baker on him once but he wouldn’t have been on him all game

Not sure who was but I guess it would be Short or Ellis

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2018, 09:41:36 PM »

Yer I saw Short stand next to him after one of his goals but I don’t think he played on him all day.

I’d like to blame Ellis as I can’t stand him but that’s probably not real fair.  :whistle

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2018, 10:06:16 PM »

Yer I saw Short stand next to him after one of his goals but I don’t think he played on him all day.

I’d like to blame Ellis as I can’t stand him but that’s probably not real fair.  :whistle
Yes. I blame Ellis and also I reckon Dusty was channeling Conca with his field kicking today just so the boys don’t forget what they had when the redwog was at his turnover best.  :rollin

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2018, 10:11:04 PM »
I think our forward line is missing Butler big time. Our pressure inside 50 went awol for the second and third quarters especially as did our mids. Prestia fought hard all day. Most of the rest were way down on the required output and pressure.

I suppose we miss the youngster Graham more than I realise. Does the hard work at harassing the opposition mids. We really miss that atm.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2018, 11:09:00 PM »
stuff that feral poo club
All the luck today, they can pee off

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2018, 08:07:16 AM »
Big win for the team yesterday, we were obliterated through the midfield for the most part and it highlighted just how good our backline is along with how poor Collingwood kick the ball i50. The second Ruck issue has the potential to cost us a final. It doesn’t have to be another ruck but it cannot be an ageing midfielder.
I think Collingwood desperately need a key forward. Jack was again under valued yesterday.
Our last quarter was incredible - it cannot be an accident and I wonder if our rotations set us up in the last quarter? Not unlike some of the big NBA clubs like Golden State and the Celtics.
I’d like to see us step up soon for 4 q, while we are the best side in the comp, our current football isn’t winning us a flag. To come this far in the season and not win back to back would be shattering
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Lebowski

« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2018, 12:16:31 PM »
Big win for the team yesterday, we were obliterated through the midfield for the most part and it highlighted just how good our backline is along with how poor Collingwood kick the ball i50. The second Ruck issue has the potential to cost us a final. It doesn’t have to be another ruck but it cannot be an ageing midfielder.
I think Collingwood desperately need a key forward. Jack was again under valued yesterday.
Our last quarter was incredible - it cannot be an accident and I wonder if our rotations set us up in the last quarter? Not unlike some of the big NBA clubs like Golden State and the Celtics.
I’d like to see us step up soon for 4 q, while we are the best side in the comp, our current football isn’t winning us a flag. To come this far in the season and not win back to back would be shattering

First quarter and last qtr I thought we were very good. 2nd and 3rd their midfield tore us a new one around the stoppages. We were -3 in contested at qtr time, -13 at half time, -23 at 3/4 time and finished -12 after going +9 in the last. -23 in 3 qtrs is a belting, im glad we ramped it up in the last.

When we are hungry and hard at the contest Im convinced no side can get anywhere near us, its the large parts of the season where we get beaten in contested possessions sometimes smashed that concerns me.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 01:20:51 PM by Lebowski »