Author Topic: Shaun Hampson / Hammertime [merged]  (Read 316285 times)

dwaino

Re: Shaun Hampson Officially a Tiger
« Reply #375 on: October 10, 2013, 09:04:32 PM »
This site would have had more than resource limit reached had we traded our first round  :lol

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #376 on: October 10, 2013, 09:11:52 PM »
Not just me. Here's what the bloke who recruited him to Hawthorn said today..

On McEvoy, Wright was understandably positive.
"Ben is a great addition to our list, and will complement our centre square unit extremely well," he said.

"He has elite endurance, is very strong overhead and is a high quality ruckman.
"

LOL,
quoting the guy responsible for trading him in.

What do you expect him to say?

Pretty crap endurance, drops plenty of puds and can't ruck for poo

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #377 on: October 10, 2013, 09:16:03 PM »
This site would have had more than resource limit reached had we traded our first round  :lol
Dwaino, would you have given up pick 11 for McEvoy?
I curtainly wouldn't  have complained.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #378 on: October 10, 2013, 09:20:12 PM »
You reckon his tank is fine?? Have you ever watched him play?

"Ben is a great addition to our list, and will complement our centre square unit extremely well," he said.

"

If that's how they want to justify the trade then good for them but I have seen first hand many times Big Boy completely fade out of games because he's completely rooted.
Lets face it Big Boy McEvoy is a bloody good ruckman. Easily top 5 ruckman in the AFL.  Well done to Hawthorn.
Hawthorn has made our drafting of 'what's his name' for pick 28 odd look f$&king stupid!!
If we were serious about improving our best 22 we would have done what Hawthorn did. Don't kid yourselves we had a better draft pick and players on our list that we wouldn't  miss if they went tomorrow. And I just won't cop we couldn't fit him in our salary cap either. As I have said before, we have ONE A grade player!! And our B graders are pretenders- Lids and Jack. And Dusty don't know what day it is!
Richmond FC when it comes to trade period are spineless jellyfish. They need to grow a pair of testy's and have a go. So sick of being the RFC being stupid and worst of all gutless!
I would rather die trying than this half arse poo they come up with.
Teams like Sydney, Hawthorn and even Collingwood make us look like kids playing a mans game.
As you may have noticed, I'm fuming that a club ahead of us just keeps getting further away.

I'm sure the club is spewing they didn't think of trading our pick 17 and Savage to the Saints first ::) Wait Wot!! what do you mean we never had pick 17 and savage to trade?? Surely all clubs are equal at the trade table, you just need to be first to tell other clubs who you want and jobs done :lol
Your right Tone, what a shambles this club is ::)

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #379 on: October 10, 2013, 09:23:31 PM »

Then your about the only one who wouldn't have. And as for top 5 ruckman, you've only got to check out his stats to work out where he is in he pecking order! David Hale averages more hit outs and he's only a part time ruckman :lol Or are you one of those guys that are going to tell me stats are meaningless?

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #380 on: October 10, 2013, 09:25:31 PM »

#11 and Shane Edwards / Foley?

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #381 on: October 10, 2013, 09:28:00 PM »

"

If that's how they want to justify the trade then good for them but I have seen first hand many times Big Boy completely fade out of games because he's completely rooted.
Lets face it Big Boy McEvoy is a bloody good ruckman. Easily top 5 ruckman in the AFL.  Well done to Hawthorn.
Hawthorn has made our drafting of 'what's his name' for pick 28 odd look f$&king stupid!!
If we were serious about improving our best 22 we would have done what Hawthorn did. Don't kid yourselves we had a better draft pick and players on our list that we wouldn't  miss if they went tomorrow. And I just won't cop we couldn't fit him in our salary cap either. As I have said before, we have ONE A grade player!! And our B graders are pretenders- Lids and Jack. And Dusty don't know what day it is!
Richmond FC when it comes to trade period are spineless jellyfish. They need to grow a pair of testy's and have a go. So sick of being the RFC being stupid and worst of all gutless!
Teams like Sydney, Hawthorn and even Collingwood make us look like kids playing a mans game.
As you may have noticed, I'm fuming that a club ahead of us just keeps getting further away.

I'm sure the club is spewing they didn't think of trading our pick 17 and Savage to the Saints first ::) Wait Wot!! what do you mean we never had pick 17 and savage to trade?? Surely all clubs are equal at the trade table, you just need to be first to tell other clubs who you want and jobs done :lol
Pick 11 and S. Edwards may have got it done. Wait Wot!! You can do that?
Position of Ruckman definitely solved for the next 5 to 10 years.
You're right Loui, Hawthorn were the only club to have the pick and player to get that deal done.  :lol :lol :wallywink

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #382 on: October 10, 2013, 10:01:49 PM »
You do see McEvoy huffing and puffing but he does go deep and works himself pretty hard, stupid decision by St Kilda because they lack quality height as it is, having said that I thought Big O trounced him in the ruck so it's not just the Natanuis and Ryders that can do over McEvoy.
A ruckman in his prime commands a 1st round pick, but gee I dunno about pick 11 for him.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #383 on: October 10, 2013, 10:04:12 PM »

TBH, I would have been filthy.  Not worth that pick, not even close.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #384 on: October 10, 2013, 10:08:12 PM »
he would have thrown a player in as well  :lol
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #385 on: October 10, 2013, 10:10:24 PM »

"

Pick 11 and S. Edwards may have got it done. Wait Wot!! You can do that?
Position of Ruckman definitely solved for the next 5 to 10 years.
You're right Loui, Hawthorn were the only club to have the pick and player to get that deal done.  :lol :lol :wallywink

Pick 11 for and anything McEvoy would have seen more than a truck load of chicken poo dumped on the front door at punt road :o
I'll pretend you haven't been baging the crap out of the way we've handled trade week then suggest that :lol

Like all trades only time will tell and I'm more than happy to eat my hat if McEvoy becomes an elite Ruckman but based on form from the last two years he is certainly far from elite..........

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #386 on: October 10, 2013, 11:22:57 PM »

So would trade pick 11 for a kid like Adams who has played 20 odd games?
Or a kid that has never even played one game of AFL? 
But not give that pick for a ruckman who has played 90 odd games, a ruckman with excellent hands and a body to compete with any ruckman in the league. A ruckman that could play that position for the next 8 to 10 years.
A ruckman that would have to be in the top 5 ruckman in the comp.
Yer not worth pick 11.
 :lol :lol :lol :lol

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #387 on: October 10, 2013, 11:39:56 PM »

So would trade pick 11 for a kid like Adams who has played 20 odd games?
Or a kid that has never even played one game of AFL? 
But not give that pick for a ruckman who has played 90 odd games, a ruckman with excellent hands and a body to compete with any ruckman in the league. A ruckman that could play that position for the next 8 to 10 years.
A ruckman that would have to be in the top 5 ruckman in the comp.
Yer not worth pick 11.
 :lol :lol :lol :lol

Mate your on drugs? Where are you getting this top 5 crap from?
McEvoy is a plodder at best, he gets smashed by other ruckman in tap outs, he was ranked 11th in overall tap outs last year and his tap outs to advantage was running at 33%, the lowest of all the main ruckman in the league.
Where he does go ok is around the ground, he seems to float allot across half back and takes allot of uncontested marks which inflates his states somewhat! Oh but that's right stats don't seem to matter here because after all he is Big Boy McEvoy the 5th best ruck in the league :lol
If I had the option of Adams or McEvoy with pick 11 it would be Adams all day long!! Adams would still be top 10 in this years draft so don't kid yourself Adams becoming a very good player, a year from now he'll be averaging 30 touches a game ;)
Also tell me, what happens to Maric once McEvoy comes in? Are you happy to play two plodders at once or would you play Maric one week and McEvoy the next? You wouldn't have to worrie about a long term ruck if you did this because Maric will still as freaks as a daisy in 10 years from now :lol

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #388 on: October 11, 2013, 01:28:21 AM »
If BT didn't blow wind up his arse with his Oh Boy Big Boy no one would be saying trade a 1st rounder for him.

BT working as a Saints consultant.  :clapping

Offline tigers_of_old_1980

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #389 on: October 11, 2013, 06:34:21 AM »
Love that we identified a need and got Hammer, but did we miss out on McEvoy? Were we ever a chance? Is Longer back in our sites?

I'm starting to think we might have been a little hasty. Just a little.
10 PREMIERSHIPS