Author Topic: Shaun Hampson / Hammertime [merged]  (Read 315255 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Shaun Hampson Officially a Tiger
« Reply #990 on: June 15, 2014, 04:11:03 AM »
Hardwick also rejected the suggestion that forward-ruckman Shaun Hampson “wasn’t great today’’. Hampson had a game-low five disposals to go with his 19 hit-outs.

“I thought he was OK,’’ Hardwick said. “He competed really hard. It’s probably up to me to sum up his performance, I’ll do that.’’

Source: Herald-Sun

:huh3

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #991 on: June 15, 2014, 09:24:46 AM »
F me he is stuffing woeful

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #992 on: June 15, 2014, 09:54:29 AM »
Woeful. Not up to Afl standard. Delist

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #993 on: June 15, 2014, 10:25:28 AM »
The problem is that Hardwick can't be overly critical so he would pretty much have to have zero possessions before he might be slightly critical. He knows we picked a dud and is now stuck with him. Think generally the recruiters need to look outside the square, this method of recruiting safe all round performers will not get you to finals, a thorough look at our recruiting methods needs to take place in the off season, we are travelling on the road to nowhere so something needs to be done.

Gigantor

« Reply #994 on: June 15, 2014, 10:45:50 AM »
is he worse than Richard lounder?....I think so

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #995 on: June 15, 2014, 10:52:16 AM »
Hardwick also rejected the suggestion that forward-ruckman Shaun Hampson “wasn’t great today’’. Hampson had a game-low five disposals to go with his 19 hit-outs.

“I thought he was OK,’’ Hardwick said. “He competed really hard. It’s probably up to me to sum up his performance, I’ll do that.’’

Damien, I think the "exciting prospect of having big Ivan and Hampson as ruck/resting forward combo" that was touted pre-season isn't in very exciting at all.

TBBH it just doesn't work because Hampson rarely marks, rarely if ever busts open packs and can't kick a point let alone a goal to save himself throw his ruck work of hitting to advantage of the opposition and it's not very good. So if it's OK by you as paid up member of this footy club, you know the one you keep calling "our footy club" I think it is more than fair and reasonable for me and others to "sum up his performance"

Thanks  ::)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

tony_montana

« Reply #996 on: June 15, 2014, 10:54:29 AM »

what a stuffing disgrace of a coach.

Gigantor

« Reply #997 on: June 15, 2014, 10:57:52 AM »
Dimma..don't defend the playing group as not being soft ,when we all can plainly see they are marshmellows.
And if you are going to sum up Hampsons performance then bloody well sum it up,to us who were there before you got here and who will be here long after you leave
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 11:54:41 AM by Gigantor »

the claw

« Reply #998 on: June 15, 2014, 11:18:15 AM »
If he is worth a pick 28 then I'm a pick 1 at 39 years of age. :thumbsup
but 2nd and 3 rd rounders arent worth two bob hhhaaarrrggghhhh.no point participating in the draft after the 1st round. :o

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #999 on: June 15, 2014, 02:05:16 PM »

Comfortably, Lounder actually had talent.....he just preferred the grog, the cigs & a good feed to football & fitness. Hamspud has no such excuse.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1000 on: June 15, 2014, 03:07:16 PM »
3 year contract looking very wobbly. :(

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1001 on: June 15, 2014, 03:28:46 PM »

Comfortably, Lounder actually had talent.....he just preferred the grog, the cigs & a good feed to football & fitness. Hamspud has no such excuse.

When I see Hampspud lean on the goalposts as the ball is coming in then I'll say that his imitating of a footballer has gone too far. Nobody leans on a goalpost like Richard Lounder. ;D

Rampstar

« Reply #1002 on: June 15, 2014, 03:39:02 PM »

When I see Hampspud lean on the goalposts as the ball is coming in then I'll say that his imitating of a footballer has gone too far. Nobody leans on a goalpost like Richard Lounder. ;D

At least Dick Lounder kicked some goals on his debut, this bloke Hampson is complete waste of space. Well done Blair Hartley - another resounding success for you -  :lol

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1003 on: June 15, 2014, 03:50:26 PM »

At least Dick Lounder kicked some goals on his debut, this bloke Hampson is complete waste of space. Well done Blair Hartley - another resounding success for you -  :lol

Kicked four against North, Greek Easter Sunday 1989. Remember it well we won by 6 goals. :thumbsup

Last time I can honestly say we beat North before they have simply owned us on field. The next time we played them was in 1990 on a Friday night when we got slaughtered by 141 points and we have never looked back since against this abhorrent mob. :help

Offline Tigers of Old

• Premiership Captain
  • @Tigers_of_Old
« Reply #1004 on: June 16, 2014, 06:30:20 PM »
An absolute joke.
Have seen Auskickers with better football skills.
If only he played for someone else. :-[