Author Topic: Shaun Hampson / Hammertime [merged]  (Read 316209 times)

Gigantor

Re: Shaun Hampson Officially a Tiger
« Reply #1095 on: March 01, 2015, 08:57:51 PM »
yesterday was a continuation of  diddly  squat..yesterday was a non event..If after round one your thesis continues then go ahead and give them a well deserved spray

Online cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #1096 on: March 01, 2015, 09:20:47 PM »
 :rollin

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1097 on: March 01, 2015, 09:46:41 PM »
Here here gig

Didn't even waste my time watching
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1098 on: March 01, 2015, 10:01:12 PM »
yesterday was a continuation of  diddly  squat..yesterday was a non event..If after round one your thesis continues then go ahead and give them a well deserved spray
hhhaaarrgghh so sensitive.
yesterday was a continuation of exactly what has gone before pre season game or not.if you are gunna get upset at the answers people give maybe you shouldnt demand people stay focused.

my focus and posts goes way beyond yesterday in fact it envelops this regimes entire history and has little to do with yesterday.
so iyo opinion did we in the off season address the ruck stocks and the possibility of maric going down.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1099 on: March 01, 2015, 10:41:42 PM »
yesterday was a continuation of  diddly  squat..yesterday was a non event..

Exactly what Claw is saying
Caracella and Balmey.

Gigantor

« Reply #1100 on: March 02, 2015, 04:24:18 AM »
claw we have vickery,griff,and hampson as back up...who did you want to get to really secure that spot in the event Maric goes down..maybe Sandilands

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1101 on: March 02, 2015, 05:54:46 PM »
claw we have vickery,griff,and hampson as back up...who did you want to get to really secure that spot in the event Maric goes down..maybe Sandilands
they arent back up if they cant do the role well.besides im not talking about back up im talking about being capable of taking over and holding down the #1 ruck role. ffs griffiths and vickery are basically tall fwds and to date shizen ones at that.
hampson isnt the answer either he rucks well but hes totally deficient in just about every other area. unfortunately for us hes the next best option.
do you think liam mcbean could ever play ruck yet alone first ruck. have you looked at him lately. will he make it as a kpf gotta wonder eh.

i will say it for the millionth time we have players in griffiths vickery and mcbean who do two roles ruck and fwd, unfortunately they cant perform one of those roles  really well. being ordinary at both. a bit like being a jack of two trades but master of neither. it kills us as far as list management goes because not only dont we have adequate rucks we dont have adequate fwds.

whats left oh yeah the cousin who is new to footy are we going to put all our eggs in that basket.

mate plenty of us have been going on about this not jsut this yr but for yrs. maric aside and to a lesser degree hamspud,  we have ruckmen in name only. a good club would quickly recognise this and do something about it. us well we continually sit on our hands in hope that one can miraculously turn it around.

rucks should go like this imo and i do this with replacing hampson in mind,
maric 29yo  vet.at 29 surely we are looking for his  replacement  and are currently grooming him. that must be hamspud eh.
24 - 27yo  mature. to replace hampson who is not up to standard imo. this bloke should take over from ivan in a few yrs time.
22 - 24 yo  a development player who could come in if there is a need. sinclair at the eagles is one ive advocated i also wanted longer but hes still a junior who is capable of playing right now.
21 and under junior or project player we have that in soldo given his background id rookie another as well.

tall fwds
riewoldt 195cm mature kpf, mckenzie 197cm junior  kpf. as a club we need three  more talls.preferably two around 190 - 194 who are  quick and agile with good hands.and another genuine kpf.

ruck/fwds
griffiths 200 cm development, vickery 200cm  mature, mcbean 200cm junior.imo they cant consistently  play well  as permanent  kpfs. im happy to concede they may become decent kpfs but its been highly unlikely for a fair while.what exacerbates the problem with them is none are #1 ruckmen or very good in the role.

they arent #1 ruckmen and imo this is the role they need to be good in. ive long argued we only need one of them on the list.
 if one of them was good in one of the roles they play, id be more than happy to place em either as a ruckman or a fwd  but unfortunately they arent.
 like i have said we have numbers but we dont actually have players.we  fail to recognise this or worse acknowledge it and it sure frustrates the hell out of me.
can you see vickery griffiths or mcbean ever taking over from maric, i sure as hell cant and i would not be planning for it to happen and manage the list accordingly.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1102 on: March 02, 2015, 09:19:40 PM »
Ok Claw Ill have a go. IMHO our ruck stocks are weak but in the list managers defense you only absolutely need a good ruck when your in premiership contention and when u are you can draft one in.  Classic examples of going and finding a decent ruck. Maric, Jolly, Mumford nearly every year a decent ruck gets picked up.

What the first 13 rounds of last year told us was our midfield really isnt up to scratch yet, we need to build it more. I suppose thats why they picked 4 mids before a kpf this year. 

Now after saying that  Im gonna weaken my argument by poiting out hamspuds recruitment. Why do it and for that price if we really thought ruckmen were cream on the cake not cake.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1103 on: March 03, 2015, 10:15:38 PM »
Ok Claw Ill have a go. IMHO our ruck stocks are weak but in the list managers defense you only absolutely need a good ruck when your in premiership contention and when u are you can draft one in.  Classic examples of going and finding a decent ruck. Maric, Jolly, Mumford nearly every year a decent ruck gets picked up.

What the first 13 rounds of last year told us was our midfield really isnt up to scratch yet, we need to build it more. I suppose thats why they picked 4 mids before a kpf this year. 

Now after saying that  Im gonna weaken my argument by poiting out hamspuds recruitment. Why do it and for that price if we really thought ruckmen were cream on the cake not cake.
so we agree the ruck stocks are weak.but we disagree on how to go about this area when it comes to list management.

1/ you always need a  very good  ruckman. whats this nonsense you only need em when in premiership mode. i suppose you only ever need good mids or a gun kpf kpd when in premiership mode.

2/ most clubs actually take young ruckmen in the nd and then develop them. its only when development has failed that clubs will then target mature ruckmen or any sort of player for that matter.
our trouble atm is we refuse to acknowledge development has failed.

3/ the first 13 rounds told us last  yr w  we were  not up to scratch in all areas especially the fwd line.it most definately showed us we cant cope without rance or ivan maric. and we have just one effective fwd in riewoldt.theres just not the quality or depth in any of these areas.
it showed as clear as the nose on your face that hampson is not an adequate replacement for maric and wont be taking over from him when he retires.it showed  vickery and griffiths are not capable of playing as permanent ruckmen and mcbean is so far away its just ludicrous.  so what should we have done.
i know ignore the problem because we actually have the required numbers never mind they cant perform the role.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #1104 on: March 03, 2015, 10:26:26 PM »
Blair Hartley loves him    :lol
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1105 on: March 04, 2015, 11:10:43 AM »
Blair Hartley loves him    :lol
Apparently scored very high on Hartleys points system!

Too bad he can't actually play footy.... :whistle
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #1106 on: March 04, 2015, 11:36:04 AM »
Brendan Lade on talking tigers reckons he was BOG on Saturday  :facepalm
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1107 on: March 04, 2015, 11:38:54 AM »
He earned the most superfooty points so someone thought he went alright
As I said earlier, I thought he had a good game, gotta call em as you see them on the day not based on preconceived notions from the past.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1108 on: March 04, 2015, 01:03:59 PM »
If you could bring him on the ground NFL style purely for his tap work then he might be useful but once he has fulfilled that task he really serves no other purpose other than getting in other players way and dropping easy marks.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1109 on: March 04, 2015, 01:11:03 PM »
hehe
Lots of people name their swords......