Author Topic: Troy Chaplin [merged]  (Read 158871 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Re: Troy Chaplin [merged]
« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2012, 06:49:07 PM »
And to think we already have enough complaining about poor kicks without adding Knights...
His stats stack up alright.

What if we did a straight swap with jackson?
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2012, 06:49:52 PM »
And to think we already have enough complaining about poor kicks without adding Knights...

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2012, 06:51:22 PM »
This guy will be very good, another pickup like the Maric deal for mine, Chaplin is a very good player in a poor side, he will be very good in a side like ours where he is supported.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2012, 06:56:04 PM »
How many times have you seen him play to make that judgement. If he was any good Port would have signed him up for 3+ years already.

Go on the AFL site and watch Port's last game  :banghead

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #94 on: August 01, 2012, 07:08:31 PM »
How many times have you seen him play to make that judgement. If he was any good Port would have signed him up for 3+ years already.

FFS How many times have you seen him play?

:wallywink

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #95 on: August 01, 2012, 07:13:05 PM »

Seen almost every Port game in the last 3 years. You?

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #96 on: August 01, 2012, 07:21:48 PM »

You said same about maric davey and ended with egg on face, put him in a good footy environment and he will compliment whats alreadya very good defence :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #97 on: August 01, 2012, 07:23:27 PM »

You said same about maric davey and ended with egg on face, put him in a good footy environment and he will compliment whats alreadya very good defence :shh

When did I say that about Maric? Please don't make things up. It reflects badly on your reputation and on OERs. I had hardly seen that bloke play because he was a SANFL player with Adelaide. We had to go off the stats which were almost identical to Graham's. ;D
You say Coburg reserves players have steel trap hands and all kinds of ridiculous attributes, why should we listen to your predictions? My Schulz call has me in the good books forever :lol

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: August 01, 2012, 08:28:28 PM »

Like I said, looks average because he is in a poor side, get him into a decent side like Maric and there we go, gee people are quick to judge aren't they 65.... ;)

Blinkers on approach I suppose, perhaps we should keep Gus.... :lol :rollin

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #99 on: August 01, 2012, 08:47:05 PM »

Like I said, looks average because he is in a poor side, get him into a decent side like Maric and there we go, gee people are quick to judge aren't they 65.... ;)

Blinkers on approach I suppose, perhaps we should keep Gus.... :lol :rollin

How many times have you seen him play? It's a simple question. You were in Africa for a long time so I doubt you were watching Port Adelaide games. Have you been watching them while you have been in PNG? Did you take an interest in Port and Chaplin when you lived in WA? You have quite obviously never seen the bloke play. You're saying he is soft because he plays in a poor side? He misses easy targets because he plays for a poor team? Before you started rambling, I know you didn't say any of that. But those are the knocks on him from a lot of Port Adelaide people. They are also the problems I have with Chaplin. I'd take him at our club as a 3rd tall but he's not the full back we're looking for. Alipate Carlisle has been Port's full back for years now and Trengove won a B&F from CHB last year.
So what makes you want Chappy? Tell us why you want him and tell us what his recent form has been like.

Also, your exact quote was Chaplin is a very good player in a poor side. In what stuffing world is Troy Chaplin considered a very good player?

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #100 on: August 01, 2012, 08:48:26 PM »

When did I say that about Maric? Please don't make things up. It reflects badly on your reputation and on OERs. I had hardly seen that bloke play because he was a SANFL player with Adelaide. We had to go off the stats which were almost identical to Graham's. ;D
You say Coburg reserves players have steel trap hands and all kinds of ridiculous attributes, why should we listen to your predictions? My Schulz call has me in the good books forever :lol

Well you just answered my point, you stuck fast about cooling everyones jets on maric yet you hadnt even seen him play...this isnt about my comments, dont create a smokescreen
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #101 on: August 01, 2012, 08:50:33 PM »

Well you just answered my point, you stuck fast about cooling everyones jets on maric yet you hadnt even seen him play...this isnt about my comments, dont create a smokescreen

No one was talking up Maric when we were linked to him :lol Everyone jumped on the bandwagon when he started playing good footy. And rightfully so. The bloke is a good player. Troy is someone I have watched many times and I don't rate him. So what is your problem? Tell me why I am wrong. Tell me. And dont give me this "he will be a good player in the right culture" rubbish.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2012, 08:52:19 PM »

:clapping

"Rucks:

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #103 on: August 01, 2012, 08:53:32 PM »

:clapping

How many times have you seen him play? It's a simple question. You were in Africa for a long time so I doubt you were watching Port Adelaide games. Have you been watching them while you have been in PNG? Did you take an interest in Port and Chaplin when you lived in WA? You have quite obviously never seen the bloke play. You're saying he is soft because he plays in a poor side? He misses easy targets because he plays for a poor team? Before you started rambling, I know you didn't say any of that. But those are the knocks on him from a lot of Port Adelaide people. They are also the problems I have with Chaplin. I'd take him at our club as a 3rd tall but he's not the full back we're looking for. Alipate Carlisle has been Port's full back for years now and Trengove won a B&F from CHB last year.
So what makes you want Chappy? Tell us why you want him and tell us what his recent form has been like.

Also, your exact quote was Chaplin is a very good player in a poor side. In what stuffing world is Troy Chaplin considered a very good player?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #104 on: August 01, 2012, 08:56:22 PM »
 :sleep :sleep :sleep

"Rucks: