Author Topic: Troy Chaplin [merged]  (Read 158830 times)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Re: Troy Chaplin [merged]
« Reply #120 on: August 02, 2012, 12:43:45 PM »
Greg Denham was on SEN and he thinks its certain.
At the end of the day I just want to see the club make the right moves, if this is one of them the grat one. And if not what are other suggestions for our KPP's??

Cloke

:fishing

Fine, should just go after both then. Anyone else whilst were at it?

Josh Caddy would be nice.

:lol

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #121 on: August 02, 2012, 02:38:12 PM »
Hahaha I thought I said in another thread we should go after all 3, anyways RFC, time to move!

With all 3 the dynamics of our side would change dramatically......for the best...l :gotigers
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #122 on: August 02, 2012, 02:50:24 PM »
He plays mostly as a 3rd tall or loose man. Like I said before, I'd take him as a 3rd tall but not sure we need one? He doesn't get a gig at FB or CHB for Port so why would he get one here?

With Grimes mostly chopping out for Rance but being injured he hasn't been able to. Or Maric but he doesnt seem to drift back much anymore (probally the rumoured groin injury). Right now we usually use an undersized Newman to try and chop out. So maybe we could do with another 3rd tall, imo.
He could also play as our FB/CHB and not Port because we don't have a steady CHB seems to change every 4 weeks. Before you ask I've never seen him play or his stats or been interested in him. Just giving my opinion on what needs he could possibly fill.

Fair enough old fella

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #123 on: August 02, 2012, 04:35:21 PM »
That wasn't so hard, don't know why others can't just admit they have never seen him play

the claw

« Reply #124 on: August 02, 2012, 08:23:03 PM »
have already stated on other threads
10 caddy  20yo
30 nd mid 18 yo
31 nd mid 18yo
48 kpp/ruck  tom lee claremont plays both ends.   22yo
64 mid 18yo
psd moloney mid 29yo
fa chaplin 26yo
fa cloke  26yo

rookies
max duffy forward east freo 19/20 yo wont last to here but im hopeful.
tom sundberg vfl collingwood mid 24 yo ?? has all the attributes to be a decent afl player just needs an opportunity imo.
two or 3 kids. 18 yo

thats still 9 aged 22 and under so we cater to the long term.
but we get 7 who are deemed mature recruits having been in the system for a yr or two  or older than 22.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #125 on: August 02, 2012, 08:50:31 PM »
If we're raiding the Collingwood VFL side we need to have a look a Tyrren Head, this kid is a gun :shh

10 FLAGS

« Reply #126 on: August 02, 2012, 10:06:25 PM »
have already stated on other threads
10 caddy  20yo
30 nd mid 18 yo
31 nd mid 18yo
48 kpp/ruck  tom lee claremont plays both ends.   22yo
64 mid 18yo
psd moloney mid 29yo
fa chaplin 26yo
fa cloke  26yo

rookies
max duffy forward east freo 19/20 yo wont last to here but im hopeful.
tom sundberg vfl collingwood mid 24 yo ?? has all the attributes to be a decent afl player just needs an opportunity imo.
two or 3 kids. 18 yo

thats still 9 aged 22 and under so we cater to the long term.
but we get 7 who are deemed mature recruits having been in the system for a yr or two  or older than 22.

No club would have the room in the salary cap to get Cloke, Caddy and Chaplin.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #127 on: August 02, 2012, 10:21:22 PM »
:lol Chaplin wouldn't be making what McG is. Caddy is a kid

gerkin greg

« Reply #128 on: August 02, 2012, 10:32:55 PM »
Chappy not playing this week

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #129 on: August 02, 2012, 10:38:20 PM »
lol knee injury. got dropped for being a weak prick

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #130 on: August 02, 2012, 10:45:26 PM »
Get him in for our Brissie game.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

dwaino

« Reply #131 on: August 02, 2012, 11:12:15 PM »
Get him in for our Brissie game.

:lol

the claw

« Reply #132 on: August 03, 2012, 10:58:08 AM »
If we're raiding the Collingwood VFL side we need to have a look a Tyrren Head, this kid is a gun :shh
have always liked sundberg sam dwyer is another ive liked for 3 yrs or more sundberg and dwyer have been super consistent at vfl level and tick a lot of the criteria i set.they would both be upgrades on players we have and have enough good traits to suggest they would be decent afl players.

how old is head.
some of the criteria i set for looking at vfl players. kicking athleticism and smarts are they up to afl standard. also is he dominating against his peers and is he getting good finishes in best and fairests. tick these boxes and you may have a player. dont see a lot of vfl but will watch out for him.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #133 on: August 03, 2012, 11:23:02 AM »
have always liked sundberg sam dwyer is another ive liked for 3 yrs or more sundberg and dwyer have been super consistent at vfl level and tick a lot of the criteria i set.they would both be upgrades on players we have and have enough good traits to suggest they would be decent afl players.

how old is head.
some of the criteria i set for looking at vfl players. kicking athleticism and smarts are they up to afl standard. also is he dominating against his peers and is he getting good finishes in best and fairests. tick these boxes and you may have a player. dont see a lot of vfl but will watch out for him.

Don't think Sundberg has played this year and was overlooked last year. He's no chance.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #134 on: August 03, 2012, 06:06:53 PM »
Sore Chaplin set for surgery
By Harry Thring
Fri 03 Aug, 2012

PORT Adelaide coach Matthew Primus denies Troy Chaplin's season is over, despite the defender requiring knee surgery.

Primus said Chaplin's training in 2012 had been severely restricted because of the complaint and it was simply a matter of time before he needed an operation to fix it.

But Primus refused to rule Chaplin out for the remainder of the year, claiming he would play an important role in the short-term and, amid rumours the 26-year-old could join Richmond next season, in years to come.

"I think it might have been mentioned yesterday, he's been battling since the middle of the year just doing half our main training session and that's all he's doing a week," Primus said.

"We think Troy's still going to play a vital role for us, not only this year but in the coming years, but we'll see how goes ... it's definitely getting sorer every week.

"The closer the end of the season comes, the closer it'll come for having surgery for him."

During the week it was reported Richmond had already offered Chaplin a four-year deal starting next season, which would mean that as a restricted free agent, the Power would need to match the deal or Chaplin could simply walk.

But Primus denied the claims earlier in the week, banking on Chaplin's honesty.

"We'll play that out, and this is what free agency is all about, but Troy's certainly not happy with the article in today's paper, he says it's the furthest thing from the truth," Primus said of a report that a deal with the Tigers was as good as done.

"All the discussions that we've ever had with Troy is that he hasn't spoken to anybody, his manager hasn't spoken to any other club, so we'll take Troy on that word and keep working with him."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/143468/default.aspx