Author Topic: Troy Chaplin [merged]  (Read 158837 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Troy Chaplin [merged]
« Reply #135 on: August 03, 2012, 06:11:02 PM »
ok, so heres a question.
under restricted free agency, what is matching the offer?

if port were to offer more per year but a shorter contract, does that trump the longer contract being offered by us ( theoretically speaking that is)
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

dwaino

« Reply #136 on: August 03, 2012, 06:15:32 PM »
ok, so heres a question.

if port were to offer more per year but a shorter contract, does that trump the longer contract being offered by us ( theoretically speaking that is)

Great question. I was going to ask around this exact question last night. All I could think of was that the salary and term must be matched like for like (so the poaching team dictates the terms) or it's up to the AFL to decide. Just like how they pull compo picks from their magic hat.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #137 on: August 03, 2012, 06:22:58 PM »
Maybe they could get lewis and duckworth to come up with sort of formula? :P

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #138 on: August 03, 2012, 06:27:08 PM »
ok, so heres a question.

Great question. I was going to ask around this exact question last night. All I could think of was that the salary and term must be matched like for like (so the poaching team dictates the terms) or it's up to the AFL to decide. Just like how they pull compo picks from their magic hat.

Correct. Both Salary and term

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #139 on: August 03, 2012, 06:28:47 PM »
so a 4 year $1million dollar contract trumps a 3 year $900K contract?

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #140 on: August 03, 2012, 06:42:34 PM »

Yes (and if the player wants 4 years at 1 million instead of 3 years at 900k).

Also, if say Essendon offer 4 years and 1.1 million, if he wants He can choose Richmond as a preferred destination even if it's say 4 years at 1.0 million from us.

the claw

« Reply #141 on: August 03, 2012, 06:44:25 PM »
If we're raiding the Collingwood VFL side we need to have a look a Tyrren Head, this kid is a gun :shh
have always liked sundberg sam dwyer is another ive liked for 3 yrs or more sundberg and dwyer have been super consistent at vfl level and tick a lot of the criteria i set.they would both be upgrades on players we have and have enough good traits to suggest they would be decent afl players.

how old is head.
some of the criteria i set for looking at vfl players. kicking athleticism and smarts are they up to afl standard. also is he dominating against his peers and is he getting good finishes in best and fairests. tick these boxes and you may have a player. dont see a lot of vfl but will watch out for him.

Don't think Sundberg has played this year and was overlooked last year. He's no chance.
missed the first half of the yr i think but since hes been back hes been pretty prominent. someone should have given him a go last yr.
yeah its a long shot if your injured and not getting your name in the recruiters faces. stil like i have said i  have liked him for a few yrs now so i would not be picking on this yr alone.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #142 on: August 03, 2012, 06:48:07 PM »

Also, if say Essendon offer 4 years and 1.1 million, if he wants He can choose Richmond as a preferred destination even if it's say 4 years at 1.0 million from us.
if thats the case then it's easy to rort the system.
to me a 3 year deal for 900k craps all over 1mil over 4 years, yet it loses in the free agency stakes.

as you say though, they are not obligated to the highest bidder, as long as their preferred club outbids their current club.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #143 on: August 03, 2012, 06:54:26 PM »

WTF

Dookie making sense.

What is this forum coming to?

:banghead

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #144 on: August 03, 2012, 06:54:57 PM »

to me a 3 year deal for 900k craps all over 1mil over 4 years, yet it loses in the free agency stakes.

as you say though, they are not obligated to the highest bidder, as long as their preferred club outbids their current club.

:cheers

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #145 on: August 03, 2012, 07:40:05 PM »

I'm still not on top of this.  So if I offer $900k over 3 seasons ($300k per season effective) then I get trumped by the original club's $1m over 4 seasons ($250k per season effective)?

dwaino

« Reply #146 on: August 03, 2012, 07:52:17 PM »
I thought if the King Island U9s offer Frosty the Snowman $900k over 3, and Brighton Auskick offer $1million over 4 but Frosty wanted to go to King Island, his current club, Melbourne Girls Grammar, would have to match $900k over 3 and not a variation of years or salary. The way described so far the better deal seems rather subjective.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #147 on: August 03, 2012, 07:57:33 PM »

I'm still not on top of this.  So if I offer $900k over 3 seasons ($300k per season effective) then I get trumped by the original club's $1m over 4 seasons ($250k per season effective)?
yep, thats what dooks is saying

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #148 on: August 03, 2012, 08:03:43 PM »
I thought if the King Island U9s offer Frosty the Snowman $900k over 3, and Brighton Auskick offer $1million over 4 but Frosty wanted to go to King Island, his current club, Melbourne Girls Grammar, would have to match $900k over 3 and not a variation of years or salary. The way described so far the better deal seems rather subjective.

Sadly, that makes sense.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #149 on: August 03, 2012, 08:04:24 PM »

yep, thats what dooks is saying

F me, only Adolph could justify this.