Author Topic: Troy Chaplin [merged]  (Read 158879 times)

Dubstep Dookie

Re: Troy Chaplin [merged]
« Reply #465 on: October 05, 2012, 06:28:43 PM »
..oh yeah and WELCOME to TIGERLAND Troy 'the bonce' Chaplain!

Jake King plus 1ft

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #466 on: October 05, 2012, 07:38:31 PM »
VIDEO: Troy Chaplin talks about what its like to come to Tigerland ..

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/roarvisionarchive/tabid/11454/contentid/495518/default.aspx

Docs and physio wrapt with the progress of the knee. Troy said he'll probably miss the first couple of weeks of preseason but he's looking forward to be right for round 1.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #467 on: October 05, 2012, 08:28:58 PM »
Bye bye Jayden Post.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #468 on: October 05, 2012, 08:44:52 PM »
Bye bye Jayden Post.

Did Post ever arrive :lol

Ox

« Reply #469 on: October 05, 2012, 08:50:44 PM »
his physique suggests he's been lazy,perhaps uninspired, which equates to lazy anyway

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #470 on: October 05, 2012, 09:31:02 PM »
LOL Geez Ox, give the prick a chance to get started here
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #471 on: October 05, 2012, 11:55:41 PM »
Been here 5 minutes is and is already one of the most overrated players in Richmond recent history.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #472 on: October 06, 2012, 04:05:35 AM »
New Richmond defender Tro Chaplin hits back at Port's parting shot

Sam Edmund
    October 06, 2012

FORMER Port Adelaide defender Troy Chaplin is bemused by accusations by the club that he is vulnerable to knee problems.

The Power this week cited concerns about Chaplin's recently injured knee as the reason for not matching Richmond's four-year contract offer.

In a parting shot, Port football manager Peter Rohde said the club considered "detailed medical opinion" before letting the 26-year-old walk as a restricted free agent.

"Troy needed serious knee surgery towards the end of 2012, and while we hope he has many years of football left, we're not prepared to commit to the extent Richmond is," Rohde said.

Chaplin, who met Richmond officials at Punt Rd, admitted he was surprised by the comments.

"I was a little bit disappointed because I still catch up with the physio weekly and there hasn't been an issue," Chaplin said.

"I suppose they've got to do their due diligence, and if they didn't think that was a fair deal, then that's up to them. But I caught up with the Richmond doctor and physio, and they've got no problems with it.

"That's (Port's) view and Richmond have given me another view and I'm obviously coming over here to go with theirs."

Chaplin had an arthroscope late in the season to ease bone-on-bone soreness stemming from an incident in the NAB Cup. He played on, delaying surgery for most of the season because of Port's injury crisis.

"We thought it was just going to be a clean-up," he said.

"It obviously needed a bit more done, but at the end of the day that's what they've said and they chose not to match the deal.

"I've got no problems with the football club. They've been extremely good to me over the nine years.

"Clubs are around for ever, but players come and go."

Chaplin won't be ready for the start of pre-season training next month, but hopes to be doing the full program by January at the latest.

"I'm heading towards full recovery now," he said.

"I'm on the bike and all that stuff. I've got one crutch to walk long distances, but other than that I can walk no problems at all.

"It's coming along fine and the rehab is going nicely. I'm looking forward to playing Round 1 at the MCG."

Chaplin was excited at the prospect of helping young defenders Alex Rance, Dylan Grimes and Jake Batchelor, and working with exciting talents Trent Cotchin and Brett Deledio.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/new-richmond-defender-tro-chaplin-hits-back-at-ports-parting-shot/story-e6frf9jf-1226489454204

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #473 on: October 06, 2012, 04:22:05 AM »
Doesn't bone on bone mean no cartilage?
That's normally career limiting....
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #474 on: October 06, 2012, 09:02:46 AM »
Doesn't bone on bone mean no cartilage?
That's normally career limiting....

Yep hope we have done our due diligence. 4 years is a fair commitment.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #475 on: October 06, 2012, 09:38:39 AM »
lol loved him hated him overrated him hated him loved him much Maligned Troy and he hasn't played a game yet. Strap urself in Troy Boy  :rollin

And hit the protein and the gym  concentrate on the guns man, the guns! ;D

Point him this way RFCOff we know and see all on oer

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #476 on: October 06, 2012, 09:41:43 AM »
Have we just recruited a bogan with no cartelidge ?

Will probably be a massive dud in the early part of the year due to limited Pre season..
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #477 on: October 06, 2012, 10:01:26 AM »
oh ffs.  Firstly, he is old enough to not give a poo about doing his beachies, he is not a body builder he is a footballer, he needs flexibility, his main concern is that functional core strength through his core, trunk, hips, legs.  Richo was similar, had longer muscles in his arms/ shoulders didn't look like adonis but noone questioned his strength.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #478 on: October 06, 2012, 10:49:59 AM »

Meanwhile, new Richmond recruit Troy Chaplin has shot back at his former club Port Adelaide, after they admitted concerns about Chaplin's long-term future after he suffered a knee injury early in 2012.

"I was a little bit disappointed because I still catch up with the physio weekly and there hasn't been an issue," Chaplin told the Herald Sun.

"I suppose they've got to do their due diligence, and if they didn't think that was a fair deal, then that's up to them. But I caught up with the Richmond doctor and physio, and they've got no problems with it.

"That's (Port's) view and Richmond have given me another view and I'm obviously coming over here to go with theirs."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/149263/default.aspx

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #479 on: October 06, 2012, 10:57:54 AM »
Have we just recruited a bogan with no cartelidge ?

Will probably be a massive dud in the early part of the year due to limited Pre season..

For sure first five minutes into the first game and I will be slagging this dud.