Author Topic: Troy Chaplin [merged]  (Read 158807 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Troy Chaplin [merged]
« Reply #510 on: October 10, 2012, 08:34:52 PM »
Was a very good interview, he spoke well  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #511 on: October 11, 2012, 02:49:13 PM »
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #513 on: October 16, 2012, 02:53:14 PM »
TROY CHAPLIN (Richmond)

Tired of the fish-bowl lifestyle in Adelaide, Chaplin opted to join Richmond as a free agent and is set to add some experience to a young backline. Chaplin crosses from the Power, where he played 140 games. At 195cm and 100kg, Chaplin has the size to become a pillar of defence at Punt Rd, despite question marks being raised, particularly late in the season, over his disposal. Turnovers and skill errors plagued the 26-year-old for much of 2012, but a troublesome knee could provide some explanation. He had surgery on that knee after the season and he believes the Tigers can push for a flag in the next few years.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/149509/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #514 on: October 19, 2012, 08:01:28 PM »
Chaplin tailor-made, says Lade
By Tony Greenberg
Fri 19 Oct, 2012

Richmond assistant coach Brendon Lade is confident his former Port Adelaide teammate, Troy Chaplin, will have a significant impact at Tigerland.

Read the full article here: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/149959/default.aspx

Watch Lade's full interview here: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/149959/default.aspx#embedvideoplayer

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #515 on: January 20, 2013, 06:54:16 PM »
Im not that excited, boy is there a better FB than rancer going around id like to see that :shh.

If we are to go after a free agent or a big fish, we need a goal kicking freak....not sure if there are likely to be an available...but i dnt reckon chaplin is worth the effort. Peter McCormack II :lol

That's harsh on Chappy but I agree about Rance. best defender we have had since Jim Jess

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #516 on: January 20, 2013, 07:05:57 PM »
Port fans absolutely do not rate this guy. Hope he's a good pickup for us!  Would love to rub their bogan faces in it.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #517 on: January 20, 2013, 07:10:36 PM »
Port fans absolutely do not rate this guy. Hope he's a good pickup for us!  Would love to rub their bogan faces in it.

Sour grapes on their part. Chappy moves well, racks up plenty of footy and uses it well. He's also close to unbeatable one on one + his closing speed is an asset. Fantastic pick up and well done to all involved. Don't worry about what Port are saying, just know that Troy is going play a big part in our push for finals. :thumbsup

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #518 on: January 20, 2013, 07:18:36 PM »

Sour grapes on their part. Chappy moves well, racks up plenty of footy and uses it well. He's also close to unbeatable one on one + his closing speed is an asset. Fantastic pick up and well done to all involved. Don't worry about what Port are saying, just know that Troy is going play a big part in our push for finals. :thumbsup

I hope you're right. Disposal was a bit how you going in 2012

Offline Crazy_Ivan

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #519 on: January 20, 2013, 07:25:56 PM »

With Rance down back,Chaplin,s disposal will look like Deledio,s.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #520 on: January 20, 2013, 07:29:46 PM »

With Rance down back,Chaplin,s disposal will look like Deledio,s.

How so?

TigerTimeII

« Reply #521 on: January 20, 2013, 08:24:25 PM »
Im not that excited, boy is there a better FB than rancer going around id like to see that :shh.

If we are to go after a free agent or a big fish, we need a goal kicking freak....not sure if there are likely to be an available...but i dnt reckon chaplin is worth the effort. Peter McCormack II :lol

That's harsh on Chappy but I agree about Rance. best defender we have had since Jim Jess

dont offend scotty  turner bullus and wigney b4 he was injured

gerkin greg

« Reply #522 on: January 20, 2013, 08:33:47 PM »
Darren Gaspar mkIII  :shh

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #523 on: January 20, 2013, 08:35:21 PM »
Hope so , 2 time AA and B and F winner :clapping
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #524 on: January 20, 2013, 08:46:21 PM »

dont offend scotty  turner bullus and wigney b4 he was injured

Loved Wigney. Gets a bad wrap from some but he was a good CHB. But I am sorry, Rance is our best since Jess. Well, he's probably better than old Jim. That's how good our Rancer is.