Author Topic: Troy Chaplin [merged]  (Read 158826 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Troy Chaplin [merged]
« Reply #555 on: March 12, 2013, 10:38:08 AM »
Will be needed come round one, really will, said it from the start, our backline will need to be solid for this game.

Agreed wat, Carlton stack their fwd with tall timber against us the last few yrs, Waite, kruezer, hampson, throw casboult into the mix as well. Will need Griff rnd 1.

Yes they do load it up with talls TM, then they have the ground dwellers thrown in there too...lets hope our backline is good enough.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #556 on: March 12, 2013, 12:47:28 PM »
Will be needed come round one, really will, said it from the start, our backline will need to be solid for this game.

Agreed wat, Carlton stack their fwd with tall timber against us the last few yrs, Waite, kruezer, hampson, throw casboult into the mix as well. Will need Griff rnd 1.

All guys that can't mark, but will bring the ball to ground. Then Betts and Garlett swoop on the crumbs.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

tony_montana

« Reply #557 on: March 12, 2013, 01:14:17 PM »

All guys that can't mark, but will bring the ball to ground. Then Betts and Garlett swoop on the crumbs.

Yep, but just to rub it in, last year Hampson had his 3 contested marks for the year against us and boots 3  :-[

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #558 on: March 12, 2013, 02:30:05 PM »

Yep, but just to rub it in, last year Hampson had his 3 contested marks for the year against us and boots 3  :-[

I hope this year we can stop the trend we have of letting a spud get a hold of us (A. Edwards, L. Jericho, Mitch Robinson, Anus Monfries etc.) and make a poo player (i'm looking at you Levi Casboult) look 4th rate, like they are.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #559 on: March 13, 2013, 01:47:05 AM »

I hope this year we can stop the trend we have of letting a spud get a hold of us (A. Edwards, L. Jericho, Mitch Robinson, Anus Monfries etc.) and make a poo player (i'm looking at you Levi Casboult) look 4th rate, like they are.
Easily solved by trading a pick in the 70's for them so we never play them again.  :whistle

tony_montana

« Reply #560 on: March 13, 2013, 08:44:52 AM »

Easily solved by trading a pick in the 70's for them so we never play them again.  :whistle

:rollin

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #561 on: March 27, 2013, 11:14:07 PM »
"I looked at the contract, rang my manager Liam Pickering and said "What the **** is this? Tell them to shove it up their arse"

- Troy Chaplin on the contract offered by Port Adelaide

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #562 on: March 27, 2013, 11:34:34 PM »
"I looked at the contract, rang my manager Liam Pickering and said "What the **** is this? Tell them to shove it up their arse"

Where's that quote from?  :lol

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #563 on: March 27, 2013, 11:57:55 PM »

Where's that quote from?  :lol
Troy himself, today.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #564 on: March 28, 2013, 12:00:00 AM »
You need a source or I am reporting that post. Disgraceful

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #565 on: March 28, 2013, 12:25:15 AM »
You need a source or I am reporting that post. Disgraceful
Myself  ;)

gerkin greg

« Reply #566 on: March 28, 2013, 08:42:42 AM »
 :lol

Chappy the big lipstick  :clapping

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #567 on: March 29, 2013, 03:21:19 AM »
I hope Chaplin is okay after getting clipped in the jaw  :pray. He's fitted into our defence with ease in the games he's played so far. Handy too to know that he can totally shut out a speedy nimble forward like Garlett. You only noticed Garlett was out there once Chaplin was taken off.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #568 on: March 29, 2013, 10:39:17 AM »
Our backline didn't look the same once he copped that knock. Sure, you can attribute their final quarter to a number of factors, but I think him getting that knock was definitely one of them.

Worth mentioning it was his first full game back this week, so will only get better from here on  :thumbsup

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #569 on: March 29, 2013, 10:41:47 AM »
At times it showed he lacked match fitness but he certainly brings a lot of balance and more importantly calmness to our backline which is (obviously) why we got him
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)