Author Topic: Troy Chaplin [merged]  (Read 158881 times)

Gigantor

Re: Troy Chaplin [merged]
« Reply #570 on: March 29, 2013, 10:46:20 AM »
if grimes comes back next week ..who fills the griff role on the big blokes?

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #571 on: March 29, 2013, 11:30:35 AM »
definitely showed he lacked fitness and probably still learning the game plan and team structure.  i'll let this game of his slide and let him build on it.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #572 on: March 29, 2013, 12:54:59 PM »

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #573 on: March 29, 2013, 05:34:55 PM »
Would have thought the Gardener would have went to Hampson since he was bending Griff over. Wasn't that why he was recruited? Or was that just some BS from supporters with no idea? ;D
Want more out of Chaps offensively than what he dished up last night. Did well on Garlett though even if Jeffy is a pathetic player

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #574 on: March 29, 2013, 08:25:08 PM »
Ch 9 news tonight said Chaplin told them he's fine after copping that shoulder to his chin last night.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #575 on: March 29, 2013, 09:27:07 PM »
Chaplin looks great for us.
He's a bit under done but I'm confident he'll be excellent for us long term.
Interesting stat I noticed was that 4 of our defenders topped the stats in disposal efficiency. 
Now that's something we haven't seen for a long time. :thumbsup
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #576 on: March 29, 2013, 10:01:39 PM »
Nice looking man
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #577 on: March 29, 2013, 10:37:31 PM »
Would have thought the Gardener would have went to Hampson since he was bending Griff over. Wasn't that why he was recruited? Or was that just some BS from supporters with no idea? ;D
Want more out of Chaps offensively than what he dished up last night. Did well on Garlett though even if Jeffy is a pathetic player

he is a great match up for mobile forwards as he reads the play really well. He is a very good kick and makes good decisions.. He is one of the leading backman in the comp.

Were you aiming that at me Coach ,,  i would say Garlett qualifies as a mobile forward. Wouldnt you?   :whistle

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #578 on: March 30, 2013, 12:04:03 AM »
I remember when Garlett was a good player. Seriously damaging. What a shame he's poo now.

Hahaha I kid I kid I don't give a stuff.  :shh

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #579 on: March 30, 2013, 12:25:24 AM »

he is a great match up for mobile forwards as he reads the play really well. He is a very good kick and makes good decisions.. He is one of the leading backman in the comp.

Were you aiming that at me Coach ,,  i would say Garlett qualifies as a mobile forward. Wouldnt you?   :whistle

Not aimed at you at all. It was aimed at those who said the signing of Chaplin is the end of big forwards dominating us. Only took 1 game and a spud in Hampson has already destroyed one of our players.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #580 on: March 30, 2013, 07:16:38 AM »
Hampton kicked 1 goal 2 from 13 touches.
Not sure how that qualifies as dominating or destroying our back line.
He did well and no we don't have the next Darren Glass but the descriptors you are using belong in Bold and the Beautiful  ;D
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #581 on: March 30, 2013, 08:14:48 AM »

Not aimed at you at all. It was aimed at those who said the signing of Chaplin is the end of big forwards dominating us. Only took 1 game and a spud in Hampson has already destroyed one of our players.

No worries, but i wouldnt write him off just yet.. It was a high pressure and high intensity game which only the fittest survived.  Chappy was clearly not the fittest. but did handle the pressure.

i thought Griff broke even.  Even i know Hampson is a poo kick, so letting him mark the ball on the 50 in the pocket was good work. He was never going to kick goals from there and he didnt.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #582 on: March 30, 2013, 09:00:18 AM »
The moment he got knocked out is the moment Carlton really made their move and started catching up. He must be given credit for going back with the flight of the ball. It took guts. A good back line is a fearless back line. Even though he was clearly underdone getting him seems an inspired decision already. Once he gets fully and Grimes returns, we will have a very good back line!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #583 on: March 30, 2013, 10:10:39 AM »

No worries, but i wouldnt write him off just yet.. It was a high pressure and high intensity game which only the fittest survived.  Chappy was clearly not the fittest. but did handle the pressure.

i thought Griff broke even.  Even i know Hampson is a poo kick, so letting him mark the ball on the 50 in the pocket was good work. He was never going to kick goals from there and he didnt.

I thought Griff got smashed to be honest.  With Ellis, they were our 2 worst players.

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #584 on: March 30, 2013, 12:40:10 PM »

I thought Griff got smashed to be honest.  With Ellis, they were our 2 worst players.

Didnt play his best game but Hampson only kicked 1 goal and that was a gimme from the square, his other shots were from spots where it was smart to let him have a shot.  Really low % chance of him kicking it..  Just my opinion