Author Topic: Rate a Season - JOEL BOWDEN  (Read 3368 times)

Tigermonk

Re: Rate a Season - JOEL BOWDEN
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2008, 06:18:29 PM »
Back to topic

I am a Bowden fan and I give him a 6/10 only because he had a couple of bad ones early in the season and missed a few. The last 8 weeks I would give him a 8/10.

Many of you say you dont like the way he play as he looks lazy etc. To me he looks classy and natural. You rave about how Cotchin just crusies though and looks classy but cant see the same skill in a older player because he had been given the role as a backline general.

Its funny, to a newbie poster we must look feral. I dont see to many topics where somebody isnt having a go at another posters IQ, Sexuality, Education, lack of AFL experince etc etc etc.  Wonder how many read and dont post becasue of this???

l would say quite a few posters ol fluffy tiger
agree Bowden played a great last half of the year & your comments about his style are spot on
His pure class & any team would love to have such a player in thier team. Joel ability to lose his opponant by moving from end to end & yesterday he caused havoc at both ends.
Joel ability will see him at the club for a few more seasons which l think will benefit the club & the younger players
Cotchin well his just a natrual

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2008, 06:36:39 PM »
I have been a staunch detractor of Bowden. I still am to be honest but hey that's my opinion whether right or wrong, and I will respect anyones views who are different to mine and I will try to back myself up with evidence to present my viewpoint. But guys and gals as a poster who has been on here for a while please FFS stop the personal gibes. Please if it can be done hate the post not the poster. Ultimately we are all different and we all have differing opinions but we don't need to abuse and belittle one another to prove a meek point as it is very disconcerting for some of us who actually have something to say and may not want to post in case the personal abuse is addessed to them. We are all Richmond supporters at heart and I am sure that if we were playing off on the last Saturday in September and Bowden or whoever kicked the winning goal we would be sharing the same joy that has fleetingly come past to visit Punt Rd in the last quarter of a century.

Overall for me for what it is worth I thought his 2nd half of the season was good and was probably boosted by his match winning effort in Adelaide his match saving effort against the Dons and he lost the game for us against Brisbane by slowing the game down only for Brisbane to kick 3 goals and then won it back by kicking the goal to win the game for us. Whatever he does it will be scrutinised very severely no matter what your opinion of him as he is one of those players that is either revered or maligned. I'll give him a 6 and hope that next year Terry plays him more in the forward line as he has had a great impact there when he has played there. I will admit his skill is better used in the forward line spotting up targets and shooting for goal rather than slowing down play and accumulating possies and breaking forward momentum in the backline.

Ox

« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2008, 06:41:36 PM »
Is that just he's opinion because his coached? :scream