Author Topic: Ricky Petterd promoted to senior list for 2014 (RFC)  (Read 5284 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Ricky Petterd promoted to senior list for 2014 (RFC)
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2013, 04:09:21 AM »
Why would it be hard to imagine or understand  that we might (remember I said IF) have taken Gordon over Byrne-Jones as a result of where we saw our needs based on where we intended to play Petterd?

We regard Petterd as an HBF - (which we stuffing well shouldn't because he isn't one) we don't pick another HBF in Byrne-Jones as we think Petterd has the position covered and consitutes enough depth in the area, so instead we take a forward in Gordon.

We regard Petterd as a forward(/mid) (like we stuffing well should because he is one) - we take  Byrne-Jones instead of Gordon.

Not that hard to follow. Kind of thing happens all the time in the draft. Called "list management".  If it is indeed what occured then it's poor list management IMO.

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2013, 10:27:56 AM »
'No complaints' from Claw apparently.

:lol

the claw

« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2013, 08:53:43 PM »

be careful sonny im watching.  ;D

look it hard to understand that im happy we took two state league players. im actually over the moon we have tried this route.  but bloody hell where we take em is important. its where we took em that im critical of. i have little doubt the two lads we took would have been there in the rookie draft.

yes im also critical that we promoted petterd. there should have been absolutely no guarantees that he would be promoted. keep him as a rookie and bloody hell we have been able to target just one other 18 yr old instead of going with just the one we took.

bloody hell how important was it to promote petterd. not very imo.  conca, vlastuin, deledio, ellis  mcintosh grimes dea, batchelor, houli, morris, newman. plus newbie lennon could and should probably start his career of hb arnot helbig  could be tried back there bloody hell how many options do we want. yet we promote one of the worst skilled players on our list and insist on playing him back its laughable.
promoting this hack has literally cost us the chance of useing pick 50 on a kid. and please dont give me the absolute pee weak excuses of there was no good kids to take or give a chance to at pick 50 ffs.
 ;

dwaino

« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2013, 08:57:50 PM »
Fun fact: Petterd's old man detest Richmond.

Gigantor

« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2013, 08:59:21 PM »
Dwaino is he a carlton supporter?

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2013, 09:00:14 PM »
Fun fact

Salem mum reasonable fit

dwaino

« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2013, 09:03:06 PM »
Dwaino is he a carlton supporter?

His dad is a Melbourne supporter. Assume Ricky is too. Dad used to drink with him on the Goldy.

the claw

« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2013, 09:46:37 PM »
Fun fact: Petterd's old man detest Richmond.
his old man wayne pedro petterd  was a damn fine player for the hobart tigers when the tfl was still pretty strong. so theres a tiger link there albeit flimsy.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2013, 12:20:09 AM »

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2013, 01:18:32 AM »

be careful sonny im watching.  ;D

look it hard to understand that im happy we took two state league players. im actually over the moon we have tried this route.  but bloody hell where we take em is important. its where we took em that im critical of. i have little doubt the two lads we took would have been there in the rookie draft.

yes im also critical that we promoted petterd. there should have been absolutely no guarantees that he would be promoted. keep him as a rookie and bloody hell we have been able to target just one other 18 yr old instead of going with just the one we took.

bloody hell how important was it to promote petterd. not very imo.  conca, vlastuin, deledio, ellis  mcintosh grimes dea, batchelor, houli, morris, newman. plus newbie lennon could and should probably start his career of hb arnot helbig  could be tried back there bloody hell how many options do we want. yet we promote one of the worst skilled players on our list and insist on playing him back its laughable.
promoting this hack has literally cost us the chance of useing pick 50 on a kid. and please dont give me the absolute pee weak excuses of there was no good kids to take or give a chance to at pick 50 ffs.
 ;

I think Pettard is ok for depth. i dont love him but i dont bemoan him like others here. I actually see your point though.
I was just giving you some stick because you said 'no complaints from me' in one thread and then proceeded to complain your t@s off in others.

Offline Tigers of Old

• Premiership Captain
  • @Tigers_of_Old
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2014, 06:09:37 PM »
Thought he was BOG today. Hard as nails at the football.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2014, 06:29:17 PM »

Not quite but very good effort, needs to be the norm

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2014, 07:03:40 PM »

Not quite but very good effort, needs to be the norm

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2014, 07:15:28 PM »
Had a great game other than a clanger in the first that led to a Port goal.  :thumbsup

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2014, 07:47:55 PM »
Had a great game other than a clanger in the first that led to a Port goal.  :thumbsup
Glad to see a few are coming around, he s had a bloody decent season and fwiw will finish inside our top. 10 b and f . He has a real dip , can take a grab and takes them on...and finds the pill. Has genuinely earnt his spot in the side this year  :cheers
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled