Author Topic: How many little blokes can you get away with?  (Read 534 times)

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
How many little blokes can you get away with?
« on: June 02, 2007, 11:19:09 PM »
We have a lot of naturally slightly built blokes in the team.

Howat, White, Edwards, Foley, Tambo and outside tonights team Hyde, Krak, Meyer and probably a couple of others.

Am I the only one who is fed up with seeing us physically dominated?

There were at least three situations towards the end of the game where our lack of body strength cost us.

1) Edwards went to tackle a Brisbane deep in our attacking 50 player and went high because he doesn't have the strength to tackle him normally.
2) White tried to crash and bash through a Brisbane player and got pinged, from memory in a vulnerable position.
3) In the lead up to Lappins miracle goal Tambling I think got bumped off it (admittedly by Charman, I think) then Brown stood in the tackle of either Bowden or Thursfield and got the ball to Lappin.

I know most of these blokes are young, but just putting on the muscle in time is not going to do a great deal. Firstly no matter how big the guns are a naturally lean bloke will not have the core strength of a natuarlly strong kid. Secondly If you obtain this strength but have always been a skinny kid the natural agression needed to put the body strength to work is not there and its very hard to acquire at 22 or 23 years of age.

I watched Adelaide - Melbourne today. Look at the Adelaide prototype for the modern midfielder - Ricciuto, McLeod types fast and strong. Young Bock is built like the proverbial outhouse. Melbourne had a kid called Jones who is 19 but would probably have as much body strength as any of our midfielders bar Cogs.

Just sick of seeing us pushed around.

Tigermonk

Re: How many little blokes can you get away with?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 11:34:53 PM »
we are the team of super pussy tankers
Richmond football club is the biggest cheating tanking club that will go down in history thats why l dont bother watching them cause l'm over it

Offline TIGER 03

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 11:41:24 PM »
the only little bloke that deserves a game at the moment is foley. :gotigers

Tigermonk

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 11:53:45 PM »
my boy 12 tells me King plays better & delivers the ball better than most of them & puts his body in all the time
My 12 year old tells me cause l wont watch the games anymore that we need more Kings cause he always kicks the ball forward & hits his targets

whats that tell ya

Online julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 06:42:31 PM »
If you feel that way, why do still support them?