Author Topic: Footy Classified  (Read 272315 times)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Footy Classified
« Reply #1365 on: May 14, 2012, 11:17:55 PM »
Hutchy once again on the Tiger bandwagon. Tonight he claimed Rance and Grimes right now are the best FB and CHB pair in the AFL. Apparently when Grimesy is playing we have a 20% more chance of winning (based on 2011-12). Hutchy reeled off a stack off stats Grimes is high up in at Richmond. Caro said she couldn't believe Grimes is the same player who played against Carlton in round 1. That's how much he has improved since then.

Caro also chucked in that in 4 weeks we'll know about Kel Moore's future.

Caro praised Blair Hartley (our list manager) for recruiting Grigg, Houli, Morris (who tries to kill himself every time he plays) and big Ivan. She added we are all set up for free agency. All our guns are signed up and we have room in our salary cap.

They praised Grigg's form this year. Caro said Essendon, knowing the damage Stanton is doing on a wing for them, will focus on not letting Grigg have the MCG wing to himself. Thomas said if you give Grigg time and space he'll cut you open; however if you don't he's not such a good player.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #1366 on: May 14, 2012, 11:26:42 PM »
i said that about rance and grimes last week, is hutchy stealing my thoughts lol
re the bumbers, we stop watson, we stop stanton cos hw feeds of watson. so stop him and we win

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1367 on: May 15, 2012, 08:15:56 AM »
They praised Grigg's form this year. Caro said Essendon, knowing the damage Stanton is doing on a wing for them, will focus on not letting Grigg have the MCG wing to himself. Thomas said if you give Grigg time and space he'll cut you open; however if you don't he's not such a good player.

Reckon old Cornflakes is spot on the money
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

tony_montana

« Reply #1368 on: May 15, 2012, 08:26:34 AM »
That's the beauty of having someone like Grigg step up, sure, put time into stopping him that's goig to free up one of Martin, lids and cotch, yeah don't think so. Moat clubs only have 1 lockdown player max 2 so you can't negate all 5 of our firing mids

gerkin greg

« Reply #1369 on: May 15, 2012, 09:01:05 AM »
So you negate the bloke that gets it to Grigg then play through Grigg's man because he's unaccountable

tony_montana

« Reply #1370 on: May 15, 2012, 09:10:51 AM »
True if we were a one man band

gerkin greg

« Reply #1371 on: May 15, 2012, 09:32:38 AM »
are we talking about stopping Grigg or our whole midfield?

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #1372 on: May 15, 2012, 09:38:26 AM »

Reckon old Cornflakes is spot on the money

yep, said it on the weekend atm he is our Bradley/Stevens if you will .....

tony_montana

« Reply #1373 on: May 15, 2012, 09:47:27 AM »
Both, they're not mutually exclusive... it's not hard to stop Grigg on his own but when you have to deal with lids, Martin, cotch and foley, Grigg becomes an afterthought.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1374 on: May 15, 2012, 09:49:50 AM »
Grigg gets on the end of the great work of the others. His greatest asset is his run into space and ability to deliver the ball inside our F50. This is particularly note worthy later in the game when things open up.

If the Boomer play a run with role with Grigg they leave another of our midfielders open and also reduce their offensive capabilities. I think the way they are playing, Essendon will back their players to beat ours with perhaps one tagger playing on Cotchin/Lids only.

If we win the game it will be through the defensive efforts of our midfield and disposal efficiency of our backline threading through their zone. I don't believe they will try and change up their game for us straight away (ie playing man-on-man from the first bounce to stop our uncontested ball movement) but they will have it down as Plan #2 based on our problems facing that tactic against the Swans.

Should be a good challenge but I feel we can win this.  :thumbsup

Offline Tigger

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1375 on: May 15, 2012, 10:04:35 AM »
Totally agree Stripes.

Most teams with the zone structures dont play more than 1 tagger.

Who do the bombers tag - cotchin? lids? and now there is talk of Grigg being tagged haha go for it.  Tag Grigg on one wing that leaves lids free on the other.

Have fun bombers figuring this conumdrum out.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1376 on: May 22, 2012, 01:29:26 AM »
Not much about us tonight as they spent most of the time talking about the big losers over the weekend - Carlton, Melbourne and North.

Hutchy accused Caro of being too emotional and harsh about the Tigers. Caro said honourable losses should no longer be accepted given the side we have now and that the harsh reality is despite playing better than a 3-5 side, we are now on the same number of wins as lowly Brisbane. Thomas chipped in that Richmond has had a much harder draw playing all the top sides. He also said the result went to script and reflected where both Essendon and Richmond lists are at. Caro added that if Jack, who was well held and is out of form, had stood up as he has in the past, he could have got the Tigers across the line.

In another segment they were talking about the different types of courage on a footy field and that one of them is choosing to run hard and being accountable rather than slacking off and expecting someone else to do the work. They showed the play where Cotch at HB footpassed to a teammate on the wing and then kept running on past three Bomber players, who didn't chase, to get on the end of Titch's handball and kick a goal.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1377 on: May 28, 2012, 11:06:37 PM »
Its on now btw
Caro and Hutchy pumping up our tyres, gary anf grant thankfully deflating them
Caro looks shexy tonight
Hairy malaka is great, really  :lol
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1378 on: May 28, 2012, 11:14:27 PM »
Its on now btw
Caro and Hutchy pumping up our tyres, gary anf grant thankfully deflating them
Caro looks shexy tonight
Hairy malaka is great, really  :lol

More importantly is she dressed tonight from Fosseys Venture or Treasureway.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1379 on: May 28, 2012, 11:24:48 PM »
Too hard to tell, I'm mesmerized at the moment.
Does anyone know who huitchy supports at all?
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S