Author Topic: Footy Classified  (Read 272681 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Footy Classified
« Reply #1380 on: May 29, 2012, 12:03:26 AM »
The Tiger lovefest continues from Hutchy  ;D

* Thomas said Richmond was in such a manic mood on the weekend they would've beaten anybody. Lyon showed vision of how we had a spare man (Newy) to help out Rance and shut out Franklin. At the other end our forwards placed enormous pressure on Birchall, Schoenmakers and Suckling resulting in their kicking efficiency being well down and shutting down Hawthorn's rebound of half-back. Suckling who is known usually as a pretty good kick had a kicking efficiency of just 46% for the game and for a lot of the first half it was 0%.

* Lyon praised the recruiting of Grigg (would be top 3 in B&F), big Ivan and Morris (Caro said overlooked by everyone for 4 years). Caro added Houli as well as Lyon wasn't as definitive about him saying Bachar would be top 10 in our B&F before admitting he's been good.

* Caro praised Justin Leppitsch for how well our backline has improved. There were always big wraps on Leppa even from Brisbane when he was up there.

* Hutchy is on the Tiger bandwagon big time. Asked the question if we were a top 8, top 4 or dare say contenders? Lyon and Caro said definitely top 8 contenders. Caro added she thought before the start of the season that Richmond could make the top 8. Thomas said there's no doubt Richmond should be aiming for the top 8. Whether they make it or not doesn't matter as they'll be playing finals next year. Caro mentioned "other people's" opinion in that these people were comparing us to Brisbane in 2001 where the Lions started with just 4 wins in the first 9 rounds before winning every game on their way to the flag. She said she doesn't see us winning every game and Thomas chipped in guaranteeing we won't. Lyon tried to dampen things down by saying the reality is Richmond is a side that has won 4 games (Hutchy said Garry they've had to play all the top sides) and Dimma is trying to keep a lid on things without the whole Tiger army going overboard. Hutchy chipped in with "too late for that Garry". Caro said the attraction of the Tigers is they are playing attractive footy to watch, their crowds are great and they are 2nd or 3rd in memberships (sic we're 4th). People around the comp. can sense the Tigers are building and it's exciting. Lyon said no doubt the old cliche 'it's good for footy' applies to a up and coming Richmond.

* Caro asked who was the bigger appointment at Richmond - Gary March getting Brendon Gale or Gary March and Brendon Gale getting Damien Hardwick. Hutchy was unequivocal in saying Brendon Gale. Benny has totally revolutionized and rebuilt that club from top to bottom.

* They talked about Tucky being reborn as a footballer after he could hardly get a game last year when Dimma kept overlooking him.

* Hutchy is also impressed by Ellis. Will be a player.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1381 on: May 29, 2012, 12:11:14 AM »
Does anyone know who huitchy supports at all?
Geelong.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1382 on: June 04, 2012, 11:32:52 PM »
Blink and you would've missed any discussion on our game tonight  ::). All they showed was mini Maric's tackle on Goddard that lead to Jack putting us back in front.

dwaino

« Reply #1383 on: June 04, 2012, 11:42:32 PM »
Blink and you would've missed any discussion on our game tonight  ::). All they showed was mini Maric's tackle on Goddard that lead to Jack putting us back in front.

Very similar deal on 360 and On the Couch. They both spent more time on the upsets. They looked at Carlton's next month and were pretty sure we will pinch their spot in the 8. From memory, the only points briefly mentioned on the Fox shows were:

-Maric tackle
-Jack's 8 goals
-How good Cotchin is
-Dusty's kicking being a let down this year (showing him bombing it out on the full, shanking kicks and missing targets, yet he'll gracefully put one through the goals on the run from 60)

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #1384 on: June 04, 2012, 11:52:51 PM »
Happy that they didn't talk us up again.

Oh and Carro's lisp was as good as ever tonight.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

the claw

« Reply #1385 on: June 05, 2012, 12:42:00 AM »
just on carlton how fickle are the media.

lets see
kruezer = maric
waite = jack
murphy = cotchin
laidler = grimes
henderson = rance
carrazzo = hmm probably = morris in his ability to shut down but gets heaps.
duigan = batchelor
yarran = houli

not making excuses for that filthy mob but seems to me most clubs would suffer pretty heavily with injuries to similar types. what they dont have is a lot of depth and its showing.

dwaino

« Reply #1386 on: June 05, 2012, 01:00:31 AM »

not making excuses for that filthy mob but seems to me most clubs would suffer pretty heavily with injuries to similar types. what they dont have is a lot of depth and its showing.

They're having a go at Carlton's lack of effort. With the exception of Collingwood who are nothing short of remarkable right now, you would be hard pressed to find any side that could cope with that many blokes missing. Even the Cats have lost some gloss after a few retirements and injuries. The media aren't having a crack at Carlton using injuries as an excuse. They're having a go at Carlton's lack of effort. Across the board they've gone from being top 4 in most key game stats in rounds 1-6, to being 15th and 16th in the same stats since round 7. Losing their spine has nothing to do with going from 3rd to 16th in contested ball. Without Murphy and Carazzo they're sure to drop a few pegs in that department, but not that far.

I hope Bootsma is still getting a game when we play them next. Only looks about 15 years old, comes across as a massive smart arse, and would love to see King give him a touch up.

tony_montana

« Reply #1387 on: June 05, 2012, 01:40:51 PM »

lets see
kruezer = maric
waite = jack
murphy = cotchin
laidler = grimes
henderson = rance
carrazzo = hmm probably = morris in his ability to shut down but gets heaps.
duigan = batchelor
yarran = houli

they had a full list when they got done by 10 goals by essendon, it was their lack of effort initially and u make it out as if theyve been missing all those players together, fact is they have missed a few games here and their sporadically big deal...

but really carazzo is the massive out for them, allows murphy and simpson to downhill ski with the best of them, take him out of the side and it has a ripple effect, that good player carazzo nails starts hurting them the other way and making their midfield more acountable. Carlton have always been downhill skiers under Ratten, kind of why i hope he stays ;) They'll be dangerous and win games but will never win a flag. Murphy out just makes them pedestrian. Isnt it funny that Gibbs still doesnt get a gig in the midfield.  :shh

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1388 on: June 11, 2012, 11:03:03 PM »
Don't know if anyone saw this stat but hutchy and co were discussing the 2 new franchises and hutchy brought up a ladder on the screen excluding GWS, GC so 16 team ladder based on this years games excluding any games against them. Richmond was in 6th place so far this year. Pies on top, dees on bottom. Adelaide in 8th.
Just goes to show you how much certain teams have benefitted from the %booster and how we alway get fruced over.

Imo it just reinforces how far we've come, but now we need to dig deeper to get ontop of this wave
Btw hairy malaka aka Gary has gone in to bat for his mate over Caro.... Wankfest at its best
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1389 on: June 11, 2012, 11:08:26 PM »
Don't know if anyone saw this stat but hutchy and co were discussing the 2 new franchises and hutchy brought up a ladder on the screen excluding GWS, GC so 16 team ladder based on this years games excluding any games against them. Richmond was in 6th place so far this year. Pies on top, dees on bottom. Adelaide in 8th.
Just goes to show you how much certain teams have benefitted from the %booster and how we alway get fruced over.

Imo it just reinforces how far we've come, but now we need to dig deeper to get ontop of this wave
Btw hairy malaka aka Gary has gone in to bat for his mate over Caro.... Wankfest at its best

Those two new teams should never have been created.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1390 on: June 11, 2012, 11:10:04 PM »
Waiting for the segment on us.. Sick of seeing Nathan Buckley and Collingwood. I farknn hate them so much.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1391 on: June 11, 2012, 11:26:40 PM »
Waiting for the segment on us.. Sick of seeing Nathan Buckley and Collingwood. I stuffnn hate them so much.

Agree, was thinking of having a urinal wall installed in my bathroom at home. Paint it black and white. And have aphoto of eddie on the handle. :o

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1392 on: June 11, 2012, 11:33:11 PM »
Waiting for the segment on us.. Sick of seeing Nathan Buckley and Collingwood. I stuffnn hate them so much.

Agree, was thinking of having a urinal wall installed in my bathroom at home. Paint it black and white. And have aphoto of eddie on the handle. :o

I'll do the same but with Jarryd Blair.

Most annoying face in football.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1393 on: June 11, 2012, 11:43:51 PM »
oh and this bloke:

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1394 on: June 12, 2012, 12:05:29 AM »
Fasolo for mine

They mentioned the vivkery grin and dance again-a nyone know what that was about?
It look slike he says " I'm having chciken tonight, chicken tonight!!" But I could be wrong