Author Topic: Footy Classified  (Read 272320 times)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Footy Classified
« Reply #1650 on: July 08, 2013, 11:13:33 PM »
On Richmond ....

* Lyon said Richmond were either out-coached or the players were just dumb against North. Hansen was just allowed to play loose man in defence and marked everything coming in. Richmond at one stage went inside forward 50 20 times long and only two short. Lloyd said that last stat says it was the players being dumb.

* Cotch's influence and output is down this year after a near-Brownlow season last year.

2012   2013
Disposals     370    330
Goals            13        3
Tackles         70      42
Clearances    66      46
Cont. poss.     6        3
Inside 50s       8        3 

* Lyon said the odd thing is Cotch isn't copping the main hard tag. It's Deledio who cops the tag.

* Lloyd said Lids needs to get aggressive. Judd and Ablett get aggressive so it becomes pointless tagging them. Lloyd said Lids waves the white flag too easily.

* Lyon said there's too many "arm flappers" at Richmond when things are going wrong. Complaining to umps and demonstrating towards teammates. Lyon added that Richmond regressed over the weekend and it's perfect ammo for Dimma to straighten them up. Lyon still believes we will play finals.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1651 on: July 09, 2013, 06:55:01 AM »
* Lyon said there's too many "arm flappers" at Richmond when things are going wrong. Complaining to umps and demonstrating towards teammates. Lyon added that Richmond regressed over the weekend and it's perfect ammo for Dimma to straighten them up.

Agree about the "arm flappers" (sadly), we have alot of them and a couple of blokes that do it shouldn't they should concentrate on their own games

Lyon still believes we will play finals.

Gee I feel better  ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tigers_of_old_1980

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #1652 on: July 09, 2013, 08:05:35 AM »
It's obvious Cotchin's output is down on last season, is he carrying an injury?

And who's Lid's coach (our midfield coach?) Lids has always struggled with a tag, you'd think that would've been a priority over the pre-season. We need to be constantly improving the skills of players.
10 PREMIERSHIPS

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1653 on: July 09, 2013, 01:19:35 PM »
Cotch hasn't been fully right since the Freo game when a Docker went across his knee.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #1654 on: July 09, 2013, 01:22:26 PM »
Cotch hasn't been fully right since the Freo game when a Docker went across his knee.

According to Cotch it's healed and is at 100%
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1655 on: July 09, 2013, 01:30:49 PM »

If you cross the line and play you're saying you are "100%" but that doesn't mean players aren't carrying injuries or at least niggles.

Cotch's disposal output in the first 4 rounds was 33, 31, 36 & 27. It's been down since the Freo game in round 5 when he copped that knee injury.

http://finalsiren.com/PlayerStats.asp?PlayerID=1845

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1656 on: July 09, 2013, 01:32:49 PM »

If you cross the line and play you're saying you are "100%" but that doesn't mean players aren't carrying injuries or at least niggles.

Cotch's disposal output in the first 4 rounds was 33, 31, 36 & 27. It's been down since the Freo game in round 5 when he copped that knee injury.

You may be right and he might need a clean up. If so they should've done it just before the bye. He would've been back by now.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1657 on: July 09, 2013, 01:39:30 PM »

Although I agree about the knee problem (should never played against Geelong  :banghead) I reckon his numbers in the first 4 rounds only show he got a lot of the ball. They don't necessarily show how poor his disposal was at times eg the dinkly little chip passes to team mates under pressure, etc

Personally and I've said it before I think he is struggling with the captainancy, that is trying too hard to be captain, the leader and it is effecting his form. He should just play like he did last year, no need to change anything on field IMHO

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1658 on: July 09, 2013, 01:46:32 PM »

You may be right and he might need a clean up. If so they should've done it just before the bye. He would've been back by now.
It won't be a surprise if he is goes in for a clean up of that knee at the end of the season. He still got 25 possies & 6 tackles against North on the weekend so he won't stop playing now. Actually it was statistically Cotch's best output since round 5 even though the team got flogged by 10 goals.

Edit: True WP. His kicking efficiency has been off this year. Having said that that fact he isn't getting as much of the ball as prior to knee injury seems to be a sign he is likely carrying an injury that is hampering his running power and ability to get to as many contests as well as get free into space.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1659 on: July 09, 2013, 02:48:50 PM »

It won't be a surprise if he is goes in for a clean up of that knee at the end of the season. He still got 25 possies & 6 tackles against North on the weekend so he won't stop playing now. Actually it was statistically Cotch's best output since round 5 even though the team got flogged by 10 goals.

Edit: True WP. His kicking efficiency has been off this year. Having said that that fact he isn't getting as much of the ball as prior to knee injury seems to be a sign he is likely carrying an injury that is hampering his running power and ability to get to as many contests as well as get free into space.

Just heard Cotchin's media conference today and he said he is not carrying a knee and doesn't know why everyone keeps saying that.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1660 on: July 09, 2013, 03:15:02 PM »
Everyone keeps saying it because he plays like poo.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1661 on: July 09, 2013, 03:48:53 PM »
Form dropped right off when he did the Age interview, stating he would retire in his 20's after winning a flag.

His heart's not in it.

Something happened......
Caracella and Balmey.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1662 on: July 09, 2013, 04:05:14 PM »
Everyone keeps saying it because he plays like poo.

Yep

Forms been average, so the media goes looking for reasons

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1663 on: July 09, 2013, 04:15:24 PM »
Form dropped right off when he did the Age interview, stating he would retire in his 20's after winning a flag.

His heart's not in it.

Something happened......
Why would he take the captaincy then?

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1664 on: July 09, 2013, 05:50:06 PM »
Cotchin’s form has not been as strong as last season. He is down in most statistical categories at this point of the season compared to last year. This includes goals (13 last year, three this season), tackles (70 to 42), inside 50s (66 to 46) and disposals (370 to 330).

Commentator Garry Lyon says Cotchin, runner-up in the Brownlow last year, is not influencing matches as he once was and is not attracting the No.1 tagger, with teammate Brett Deledio facing that increased pressure.

Cotchin denied he was battling a lingering knee injury, but admitted he was keen to win more of the ball.

‘‘That [goal kicking] is probably down in comparison to last year and I’m not giving myself as much opportunity,’’ he said.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/cotchin-calls-on-star-duo-to-commit-20130709-2po4l.html#ixzz2YX4YALiv