Author Topic: Footy Classified  (Read 272320 times)

Offline Tigger

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Footy Classified
« Reply #1980 on: September 09, 2014, 06:09:10 PM »
Reckon and I've said this many times our blokes just don't work hard enough when they don't have the ball. They refuse to gut run defensively. It's made worse when a tsunami hits like it did Sunday and have no leaders who don't seem to know what to do

Many times they refuse to run offensively too....

Gut running is running 50 to 120 metres just to be an option...then doing it again and again...

Cant remember which show - might have been AFL360 - showed Ebert run from his defensive 50 metre arc line...diagonally across the ground to his offensive 50 metre arc line..past an ambush (collectively noun) of tigers...to be an option up fwd..got the ball and resulted in a goal...

tony_montana

« Reply #1981 on: September 09, 2014, 06:13:58 PM »
Reckon and I've said this many times our blokes just don't work hard enough when they don't have the ball. They refuse to gut run defensively. It's made worse when a tsunami hits like it did Sunday and have no leaders who don't seem to know what to do

Gut running is running 50 to 120 metres just to be an option...then doing it again and again...

Cant remember which show - might have been AFL360 - showed Ebert run from his defensive 50 metre arc line...diagonally across the ground to his offensive 50 metre arc line..past an ambush (collectively noun) of tigers...to be an option up fwd..got the ball and resulted in a goal...

yep selfless running. Its all about creating an option over and over again even if you don't get used - the ultimate selfless play and why a lot of players stay on afl lists when fans call for their head. We've never had a side that runs like that

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1982 on: September 09, 2014, 06:15:19 PM »
Richmond stank ten times as bad as Essendon.

Don't agree with that at all. 
We got belted by a rampant Port on their dungheap. It was always a chance to happen after nine wins in a row. We were out of petrol tickets. Port blitzed us from the start and I don't reckon any team would've stopped them the way they played. We did well to get it back to 50 odd points in the end.
 Essendon totally crapped the bed at home on a ground that North had only played on a handful of times in the past 5 years.
 Both losses were bad. My point was  , if you're a media critic and you're gonna rip into Richmond in the way that both those Essendon blokes did then you might want to have a little look in your own backyard at some point.

Spot on Dice. And both Blobbo and the deep sea Diver continue to ignore the obvious elephant in the room, that their rotten club chose to shoot jungle juice into their veins to gain an edge over the competition. NOTHING will EVER stink as much as that.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1983 on: September 09, 2014, 06:28:13 PM »
I honestly believe a lot of our players looked cooked from the outset.  Kicking into the wind was mental.  The flaccid tackling attempts made me want to do violence
Lots of people name their swords......

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1984 on: September 09, 2014, 06:44:01 PM »

Agree

The Ebert vision you are talking about was shown on Footy Classfied highlighted by Lloyd

It seems to me when things are going well we do the gut running offensively a lot more but when things are crap we refuse to do it both ways
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1985 on: September 09, 2014, 08:28:29 PM »
Seriously you didn't need vision to see that we were crapola.
Hymie and Gaddy throw in muppet Hutchy telling all sundry that we were this and that.
Those 3 should be loaded into a boat and sent to Syria.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1986 on: September 09, 2014, 10:02:43 PM »
LOL I haven't heard him called Hymie in ages
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1987 on: October 02, 2014, 09:39:53 PM »
special episode on now.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1988 on: October 03, 2014, 02:14:56 AM »
special episode on now.

Anything to relay to us?

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1989 on: October 03, 2014, 02:40:23 AM »
special episode on now.

Anything to relay to us?
Nothing about us. The main topics last night were Robbie Flower's passing, the Essendon/Hird circus, Gold Coast (McKenna sacking/next coach) & the flaws with free agency.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1990 on: October 03, 2014, 06:48:56 AM »
Also, Matty Lloyd was nowhere to found

Had Barrett on instead
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1991 on: October 03, 2014, 12:33:57 PM »
Also, Matty Lloyd was nowhere to found

Had Barrett on instead

So did we have Barrett , Hutchinson and Caroline Wilson all in the same room ?
What a shame they weren't interviewing someone who unwittingly had the Ebola virus.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1992 on: April 13, 2015, 10:03:54 PM »
We lost this week so of course we're getting a whole segment on Richmond tonight - "Damien Hardwick under the pump" is one of the leading headlines.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1993 on: April 13, 2015, 10:23:52 PM »
Tonight's summary about Richmond:

Caro said it was a terrible loss. The Club didn't see it coming. The team has consistently failed when it loses a key player or two. We saw that last year when Rance & Deledio were missing early on in the season. Deledio was missing against the Bulldogs on Saturday and Richmond lose again.

With Lids        27 wins   16 losses     63%
Without Lids    1 win      4 losses      20%

Lloyd basically said there's little depth after the top few. Lose Riewoldt and who kicks Richmond's goals? Lose Rance and who holds up the defence? Nothing much left in the midfield after Cotchin, Deledio & Martin.

Hutchy said the Bulldogs are closer to a flag than Richmond. Richmond won't win a flag and are a 6th-10th team with that personnel. Richmond have built a team/list for short-term wins whereas the Dogs have built there list for long-term success. The Dogs have the best U23 list by far excluding the expansion clubs and will win a flag in 4-5 years.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1994 on: April 13, 2015, 10:38:38 PM »
Don't watch this any more either.

You should try it.

Footy shows are aimed at morons.

You're not a moron so don't watch it.
Caracella and Balmey.