Author Topic: Coughlan begins quest to return to Richmond  (Read 2400 times)

blx

Re: Coughlan begins quest to return to Richmond
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2008, 02:06:31 PM »
Cogs done hardly anything worth mentioning yesterday
people can go on dreaming about him but from what l saw he didnot warrant a game in the Coburg seniors even

bang on the money monkey  :clapping

I was expecting a BOG +40 possessions game, at least 5 goals, and whats with this 60min game time crap!

what a dud.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2008, 03:33:31 PM »
cogs' inside work was damn good, he will take tucks place when ready

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2008, 04:09:22 PM »
Thought for a first game back in 2 years he was good.

Absolute gem of a handball in the 3rd qtr in traffic that resulted in the running player (can't for the life of me remember who it was  :P) scoring a goal. As I said it was a gem.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2008, 06:55:33 PM »
From the AFL site
Ben Broad
 1:54 PM Sun 11 May, 2008

There was better news for Richmond however, with Jack Dyer medallist Mark Coughlan making a successful return to senior football after almost two years out of the game.

Coughlan, the Tigers’ club champion in 2003, was part of the Coburg Tigers’ VFL win over Collingwood yesterday.

He played a little more than half the game and, although not racking up a heap of possession, showed enough to suggest a return to senior football in coming weeks might not be out of the question.

http://www.afl.com.au/News/NewsArticle/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=59428

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2008, 08:22:11 PM »
Cogs done hardly anything worth mentioning yesterday
people can go on dreaming about him but from what l saw he didnot warrant a game in the Coburg seniors even

Get off his back TM, it's his first VFL game back for the year, of course he's going to be bloody rusty. 

Judge him in about 5 weeks on his progress, considering he's had 99 off with injury it's going to take time.  :o
EAT EM ALIVE!

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2008, 09:20:52 PM »
Thought for a first game back in 2 years he was good.

Absolute gem of a handball in the 3rd qtr in traffic that resulted in the running player (can't for the life of me remember who it was  :P) scoring a goal. As I said it was a gem.

After watching the game today the handball I was talking about was to Andrew Horne - another Coburg pocket rocket  :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2008, 01:10:56 AM »
I thought Cogs showed on Saturday where he was at in the preseason scratch/practice matches before he did his hammy. Clever inside work spotting and dishing out long by hand to moving runners in space but he wasn't noticable once the ball was free from the stoppages due to his long layoff and lack of match fitness. Still it's a major positive that he got through without incident.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Tigermonk

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2008, 08:31:22 AM »
 ;D he will need another 8 weeks off to recover from it, better give him some money for his next holiday  ;D

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2008, 05:02:43 PM »
;D yeah cause if he dont l be yelling out from the fence wasted money & space  :lol l been told his superfit so he shouldnot have any problems
If he suceeds it should take him about a season to recoup reading the play,  cause he aint played since round 12 2006  ;D thats nearly 2 years alone.  l be very unhappy if he go a senior game this year cause he dont warrant it & l'm sure some of the kids wouldnot appreciate it losing a spot to a player who everyone lives of 2003 which is so long ago

You are a deadset moron.

Tigermonk

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2008, 05:21:15 PM »
;D yeah cause if he dont l be yelling out from the fence wasted money & space  :lol l been told his superfit so he shouldnot have any problems
If he suceeds it should take him about a season to recoup reading the play,  cause he aint played since round 12 2006  ;D thats nearly 2 years alone.  l be very unhappy if he go a senior game this year cause he dont warrant it & l'm sure some of the kids wouldnot appreciate it losing a spot to a player who everyone lives of 2003 which is so long ago

You are a deadset moron.

& your one of the biggest tossers on this forum

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2008, 05:22:57 PM »

You are a deadset moron.

& your one of the biggest tossers on this forum

Bentleigh > Tigermonk.

Widly known in footballing circles.

Long live Mark Coughlan.  8)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Coughlan closing in on Tiger return (RFC)
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2008, 06:24:16 PM »
Coughlan closing in on Tiger return
richmondfc.com.au
Mic Cullen
5:27 PM Tue 13 May, 2008

THERE WAS good news in the long-term injury stakes at Richmond this week with star centreman Mark Coughlan getting through his match in the VFL.

Coughlan hasn't played an AFL match since having a knee reconstruction after round 12 2006, and then another in 2007, but Wallace said he was pleased with his progress to date.

"He got through, so that was a pleasing factor," Wallace said at Tuesday's media conference. "There was no expectation on Mark. As a matter of fact, we didn't know whether we were going to play him at VFL reserve level just to get a game under his belt or VFL senior level.

"It was just the week that he came back there was only the senior game, so we just ran him around for two quarters of footy, and he got through, and he'll be ready to play again this week."

Wallace backed the 26 year-old West Australian o return to the form that saw him win the club's 2003 best and fairest award, despite the significant changes to the game in the time since he last played.

"I think the answer is yes, that he can, but it's not easy. As we've seen with Nathan Brown, it takes a long period of time, and it might take him 18 months of playing football to actually be able to get back to his very best.

"He may do it a lot quicker – that's always the unknown when you've had major injury. What we need from him is the continuity of being able to actually play six or eight week in a row, so he just gets confidence in his body again."

http://www.afl.com.au/News/NewsArticle/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=59542

Tigermonk

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2008, 08:44:35 PM »
 ;D