Author Topic: Dustin Martin reported for striking [Update: Dusty in the clear]  (Read 1811 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
VIDEO OF INCIDENT: http://www.afl.com.au/video?guid=626719

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Dust-up: Tiger on report after behind-play stoush
Jennifer Phelan 
afl.com.au
March 27, 2014 8:57 PM

AN OFF-THE-BALL incident in the first half has left Richmond midfielder Dustin Martin on report from Thursday night's 12-point win over Carlton at the MCG.

Martin was grappling with Carlton's Simon White 40m off ball during the early stages of the second quarter.

The pair was engaged in full view of umpire Shane Stewart, shoving each other with a jumper punching-like motion.

While both players kept their feet during the incident, it left Martin on report for striking with wide angle broadcast vision capturing what appeared to be a right hook from the Tigers' midfielder.

White was not reported on the night but could still be charged when the footage is reviewed on Monday. 

Martin has no carryover points to worry about if the Match Review Panel charges him, with his last report coming in 2012 for melee involvement where he was fined $2100.

He was also fined for being in a melee in 2011 and was found guilty of forceful contact from front on against the Sydney Swans' Josh Kennedy in 2010, where he was given a reprimand with no suspension.

The Tigers face the Western Bulldogs next Saturday at Etihad Stadium in a match they'll be desperate to win after holding off the Blues on Thursday night for their first win of the season.

With Daniel Jackson on the cusp of returning from a hamstring injury, they'll be keen to keep Martin in the side after he kicked two goals and gave the Tigers a contested edge in the hard-fought victory.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-03-27/dusty-on-report
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 05:02:33 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dustin Martin reported for striking
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 09:44:08 AM »
not that it's any consolation, but if martin goes the surely white has to. he landed a better one on martin's chin than martin did on him.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Rampstar

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 09:45:13 AM »
NUFFIN in it IMHO. Its a mans game not a game for panzies.

gerkin greg

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 11:00:17 AM »
MRP: contact considered not forceful enough to warrant a report

Result: 2 week suspension

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 11:42:44 AM »
not that it's any consolation, but if martin goes the surely white has to. he landed a better one on martin's chin than martin did on him.
Agree but consolation? We lose and Carlton win though.  :shh

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 11:43:46 AM »

The MRP hate & shaft Richmond & always have done. they will make a scapegoat out of him because it was off the ball.
Carlton were dirty last night. Kingy will go as well

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 11:45:58 AM »

The MRP hate & shaft Richmond & always have done. they will make a scapegoat out of him because it was off the ball.
Kingy should be dropped anyway. Woeful

Offline hyperlite

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 11:46:41 AM »
If the make a scapegoat out of martin they need to make one out of Waite for staging.

Grabbing your face after kings boot went nowhere near it is a disgrace.

tony_montana

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2014, 12:44:42 PM »

I thought he was pretty good

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 02:36:58 PM »

Carlton were dirty last night.

That's how they turned the game I reckon.  It was noticeable after half time that they were much more physical (legal and illegal) and in our players faces.  If anyone should get reported it's that lower than snake slime Waite for staging.  I have never detested a footballer more than that weak-gutted sniping piece of dog vomit.  And that includes Ballantyne.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2014, 03:16:52 PM »

Fumbled more than Banfield. Tried hard and gets bonus points for kicking Waite.  :lol Though I have watched the replay since I posted that and some of the fumbles were just bad kicks.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2014, 03:37:49 PM »

Carlton were dirty last night.

That's how they turned the game I reckon.  It was noticeable after half time that they were much more physical (legal and illegal) and in our players faces.  If anyone should get reported it's that lower than snake slime Waite for staging.  I have never detested a footballer more than that weak-gutted sniping piece of dog vomit.  And that includes Ballantyne.

Can't remember who it was but they gave Cotchin a little bump behind play and Cotchin would not leave him alone for the rest of the play until he burst away to attack. Was good to see someone show so physicality back (apart from Martin but I worry he's just getting carried away with the jumper punches lately)

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2014, 06:03:29 PM »

Fumbled more than Banfield. Tried hard and gets bonus points for kicking Waite.  :lol Though I have watched the replay since I posted that and some of the fumbles were just bad kicks.

from what l watched Kingy played well & was subbed

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2014, 11:16:26 PM »
If the make a scapegoat out of martin they need to make one out of Waite for staging.

Grabbing your face after kings boot went nowhere near it is a disgrace.

Anyone who strikes Waite should have no suspension to serve. Weeks should be banked and served when striking a human footballer not slurry.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2014, 02:30:46 AM »

from what l watched Kingy played well & was subbed
As I said when I watched the replay some of the fumbles I thought were him being completely out of touch were just poo kicks to him. He was actually ok.