Author Topic: The Taco: Seriously flawed eating implement or gastronomic delight.  (Read 6718 times)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
Recently I had Taco's for dinner and whilst I have been eating them for a while my patience is running thin with regards to the way they self destruct after the first bite. Some don't even make it out of the oven in one piece.
Should I prepare a class action against Old El Paso for the number of flawed taco's I receive and claim damages for stained shirts and carpet? Should Taco's come with a warranty? Am I preparing them the wrong way? Do I need to soak them in luke warm elephant semen before cooking? I was thinking of inventing an edible sticky tape which could solve my dilema. Or maybe some sort of flexible resin could be added during the taco baking process. Either that or I may have to switch to the much more dining friendly flour tortilla in the future.

Then I thought of this...

My immediate suspicion is that they were actually originally created in revenge after the american's decided to involve themselves in the Mexican civil war.
After recent American military action in the Middle east, the kebab too may no longer be a cullinary ally.
Could the kebab be the next weapon of mass distruction? Hommous and tabouli would cause heavy damage if spilt on carpet or clothing. Maybe we need to petition the govenment of the United States as they alone may be responsible for all the Gastronomic attrocities throughout the world. Could multinational corporations such as Dupont and scotchguard be involved with the CIA in a conspiracy to increase their global turnover in stain resistant fabrics?

Michael Moore are you listening?? We need answers and we need them now! Create another doco and call it "240 degress farenheit: revenge of the foods!"

Discuss...

Bulluss

Re: The Taco: Seriously flawed eating implement or gastronomic delight.
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 03:13:19 PM »
LMAO@ This post!!!

I love the taste of Taco's also, but cant stand the way that they fall apart.

I stick to the tortilla or buredos (not sure on spelling) atleast they stay together.

froars

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 04:16:46 PM »
Guess who hates beans and consequently Mexican restaurants and food.
Guess who’s daughter decided to go out with an American Mohecan indian who only eats Mexican food lol
Guess who’s daughter invited her mother to a pow wow to meet the parents of abovesaid at a Mexican restaurant
I hate beans and stuff, but boy had the best meal I’ve had in a long time – green chilli or something – not a bean in sight lol
Monetezumas in Parkdale if you’re ever in the neighbourhood

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 05:36:14 PM »
I’m happy to discuss the matter tiga, as I think you could be onto something.  The US has a lot to answer for and we should be wary and even suspicious of them.

To stop them taking over everything, including our eating habits, we have to fly in the face of what they expect us to do, which is to sue someone for something and regardless of how  ::) ::) ::) :-\ :-\ :banghead the matter seems to the “normal” human being living far away enough from the US to think it’s just dumb that someone gets $14.5 mill because they were sold the wrong size t-shirt from the lady over the counter, which caused much grief and embarrassment to the purchaser that can never be lived down.  (Ok, so I’m exaggerating a bit).

Nevertheless, if people are prepared to put themselves in a situation, as tiga’s described above, then they have to accept whatever goes with that.  It’s not somebody else’s fault if people decide they want Tacos for dinner and, as a consequence, they incur stained clothing, carpets and any associated pangs of depression because the blessed things won’t come out of the oven in one piece.

Let’s face it, that’s what Tacos do, isn’t it?  And where would the fun be if they suddenly stayed in one piece from the time you bought them to the time you took the last bite of one?  No fun at all.

Seems that no one wants to take responsibility for anything these days, which is America’s fault, because they just go around suing the pants off anyone and everyone, willy nilly, because they can.  And they’re doing it again.  They expect that someone’s going to sue soon enough because Tacos are a nightmare to eat.  Don’t ask me why, but they’ll be happy if and when someone does.

TheBull has the right idea and it would annoy the tripe out of the Americans that he chooses to steer right away from the Tacos, thereby avoiding all the angst of taco eating and the possibility of having to sue someone.

From now on, when I have Tacos, I’m going to rejoice in the fact that they crumble and make a mess everywhere, just to peeve the Americans.

I’ll just make a note to only ever eat tacos out, or someone else’s place when I’m wearing an old tracky.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2005, 06:04:16 PM »
lfmaoooo! Great topic.

I remember when I was about 8 yearls old and I tried to eat a taco which disintegrated somewhere between the first and second bite. I ended up throwing it to the plate and slamming my fist on it which sent it spraying in quite a few directions.

Let's just say, I've never gone near a taco again.

I hear ya about the beans Moi. Can't stand them. (I don't mind lentils though).

I'm happy that nations America bends over find subtle ways of paying them back. Vietnam did it with the heroin, Mexico with the Tacos. I just hate it when I'm the collateral damage. 

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2005, 07:28:06 PM »
Which El Paso Taco kits are we talking about here?

The original Taco or the Soft Taco kit? It's an important point if you're gong to sue.  :help

We actually had Tacos for dinner on Moday night - used the "Soft El Paso Tacos" no dramas and the dogs were very happy with the leftovers :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2005, 07:34:21 PM »
oughhh I hust hit into a haco and hamaged ha hroof of my houf on a harp hit.

I ham hoing to hoo homeone.  ;D ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2005, 03:39:29 AM »
Recently I had Taco's for dinner and whilst I have been eating them for a while my patience is running thin with regards to the way they self destruct after the first bite. Some don't even make it out of the oven in one piece.

Don't put in so much filling in each one ya guts  ;D :thumbsup :rollin.

The humble meat pie with sauce is another cullinary dish that has the potential to end up on your lap if you don't know the art lol to eating one.

As for Oz's influence, vegemite hasn't made it onto US supermarkets shelves as yet. A friend of mine who loves the stuff and can't live without it has to get a few jars sent over from family members.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

froars

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2005, 09:04:49 AM »
I remember when I was about 8 yearls old and I tried to eat a taco which disintegrated somewhere between the first and second bite. I ended up throwing it to the plate and slamming my fist on it which sent it spraying in quite a few directions.

Laughing my silly head off at this one - looking at JohnF's avatar and picturing the frustration of him not being able to get food in his mouth lol. 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 09:20:43 AM by Moi »

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2005, 09:13:27 AM »
Yes use the Soft Tacos and  you won't have that problem.

What else would you expect from Mexicans.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2005, 03:01:55 PM »
oughhh I hust hit into a haco and hamaged ha hroof of my houf on a harp hit.

I ham hoing to hoo homeone. ;D ;D

It’s good that you’ll be able to sue them in fluent Mexican, or is that Spanish? :rollin
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2005, 02:21:33 PM »

Laughing my silly head off at this one - looking at JohnF's avatar and picturing the frustration of him not being able to get food in his mouth lol. 

lmfaooooooo! Was one of those typical dummy spits a kid (and Richo still) does.

froars

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2005, 02:23:42 PM »
You sound like me when i'm playing cards lol
Not a good loser - cards go everywhere hahahahahaha!

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2005, 02:43:08 PM »
roflfmfaooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Do you let your anger build up behind a solid poker face or just snap as soon as you see your hand?

Was playing cards with some mates about a year ago ago and this dude just slapped his cards down, got up and walked out midway through the game without saying a thing. We didn't hear from him for a month. Now THAT'S a dummy spit!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2005, 02:45:10 PM by JohnF »

froars

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2005, 02:57:14 PM »
Poker faced – not on your life lol
Normally sitting there with an arrogant smirk on my face, saying to the others they haven’t got a hope lol
Which generally makes it doubly worse when you lose hahaha!

I used to play Mahjong a bit – now that can get nasty.  Didn’t speak to a girlfriend for 2 years after that one.  Is okay, we’re mates again, but we tread lightly when playing games lol