Author Topic: Winderlich wants to play on with Richmond....  (Read 14053 times)

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Winderlich wants to play on with Richmond....
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2014, 03:25:17 AM »
 :banghead FFS pull your head in guys it's not like we're recruiting a 29 year old star player mind you injury prone.When does this club wake up and realise shorterm fixes don't work.Our footy department actually thinks we're close how wrong they are the list goes on Petterd,Thomas,Hampson etc rejects year after year.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2014, 05:18:58 AM »
1 spot less for a youngster.

:-[

This poo is going to come back and bite us
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2014, 07:53:29 AM »
Agree should be investing in youth. Would be a very unwise decision to recruit an injury prone player who is nearing the end of his career.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2014, 08:02:07 AM »
On the AFL website it is stated that "his manager Marty Pask told NAB AFL Trade Radio last week that Winderlich was unlikely to play for a club other than Essendon despite reports to the contrary". Hope this is true.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2014, 08:28:00 AM »
Move on, not the way forward.I wish we would be linked to a decent pick up.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline scjhammo

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2014, 08:41:34 AM »
winderlich come on tigers his just another recycled player which we have to many off grigg, houli, hampson, Thomas, pattard we wanted a inside mid hard nut he has done his knee twice in past 3 years and was going to retire at the end of this year so what is that telling us..... if we can pick up for nothing I mean nothing no wasted draft picks then maybe but don't waste a pick on him.... I thought we had money to spend on a decent player take us to the next level he will not be doing that

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2014, 11:41:44 AM »

RICHMOND has confirmed it is interested in securing Essendon speedster Jason Winderlich if a deal can be struck to acquire him as a free agent during the trade period.

Don't change your mind now fellas, you wanted a free agent and now you're going to get one.

Jason Winderlich has asked Essendon to release him from his contract for next season so that he can play on with Richmond.
Winderlich, who announced his retirement late in the season and played out the year in rejuvenated form, has received an offer from the Tigers to continue his career there.

It is understood that the 29-year-old did not participate in the club's supplements program and is not among the players to have received a show cause notice

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/another-bomber-wants-out-jason-winderlich-wants-to-play-on-with-tigers-20141006-10r1mw.html#ixzz3FPo39Y31

At least there's a positive in there

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2014, 11:47:42 AM »
winderlich come on tigers his just another recycled player which we have to many off grigg, houli, hampson, Thomas, pattard we wanted a inside mid hard nut he has done his knee twice in past 3 years and was going to retire at the end of this year so what is that telling us..... if we can pick up for nothing I mean nothing no wasted draft picks then maybe but don't waste a pick on him.... I thought we had money to spend on a decent player take us to the next level he will not be doing that
The difference is he is a very handy footballer.....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2014, 11:49:10 AM »

Like say Cooney?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2014, 11:51:09 AM »

Like say Cooney?

Dead right smoker.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2014, 11:51:39 AM »
2nd rounder sounds fair

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2014, 04:36:56 PM »
Free Agent = Richmond gets him for nothing ,sound about right.

He's only going to get on the field half the time and I would imagine he will have a VFL development role. If he doesn't come as a free agent  - no thanks 29 and always injured.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2014, 04:42:35 PM »
Free Agent = Richmond gets him for nothing ,sound about right.

He's only going to get on the field half the time and I would imagine he will have a VFL development role. If he doesn't come as a free agent  - no thanks 29 and always injured.

He wont be free because of the clause in his contract, same as Jake Kings.

How many subs do we need too????

"Rucks:

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2014, 05:17:11 PM »
Didn't this bloke retire a few weeks ago?  Well, he only has to un-retire & nominate for the draft & we might take him with pick 100 in the PSD.  Maybe.  I could tolerate him in an on-field coaching role in the twos & on our rookie list if we need players, but to use a second round draft pick on depth is plain stupid!  Don't trade for him, just let him bottom out first.  Not much to gain & even less reason to gamble.  Upstanding bloke though, doesn't like needles much ...   
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2014, 05:19:02 PM »
If he stays fit he would be more than depth. Easily best 22 and he would bring a desperately needed injection of pace.
I'd take him for a super late pick