Author Topic: Winderlich wants to play on with Richmond....  (Read 14051 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Winderlich wants to play on with Richmond....
« Reply #105 on: October 08, 2014, 09:00:08 PM »
the 2 decent ones have already been swooped on.

Well done RFC!
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #106 on: October 08, 2014, 09:06:03 PM »
My attitude is if we get him that's fine as he is an upgrade on a few others

But if we don't, no biggie either.

Not worth stressing over TBH  ;D

Yeah I suppose you are right, in all honesty I should be used to this recruiting process from our club.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #107 on: October 08, 2014, 11:13:34 PM »

Shows how slow we are if we need a 29 year olds pace😱😱😱

::) ::) how naive

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Bombers pitch in to keep Jason Winderlich (Age)
« Reply #108 on: October 09, 2014, 03:51:27 AM »
Bombers pitch in to keep Jason Winderlich

Emma Quayle
    The Age
    October 9, 2014

Essendon has not lost hope of persuading Jason Winderlich to play on for the Bombers next year, with president Paul Little and yet-to-be-appointed assistant coach Mark Harvey among the officials to have contacted him in the past two days.

Winderlich is expected to make a definitive call before the end of the week, having requested that Essendon release him from his contract so he can cross to Richmond as a free agent, otherwise   he would push on with his retirement plans.

The 29-year-old has taken calls from officials including Little, Harvey and coach James Hird since his desire to leave became known this week.

All have told him he is a required player at Essendon next year, despite his decision to retire from the club in August despite knowing he had activated a one-year contract extension for 2015.

Winderlich has asked the club to let him go, citing his need for a fresh start away from the Bombers given he is in the last phase of his career and has been worn down by the ongoing fallout of the ASADA investigation.

He is not among the players to have received show cause notices as a result of the club's 2012 supplements program, having not participated in the injection program.

The Bombers may receive a compensation pick in the third round should they grant Winderlich's wish to leave for the Tigers as an unrestricted free agent.

Free agency compensation is based on a player's age and the average of the contract offered to them, with the threshold believed to be $300,000.

Carlton was not compensated for Jarrad Waite's move to Carlton, with his two-year contract averaging out to payments of less than $300,000 per year.

In combination with the Bombers' own third-round selection, letting Winderlich leave for another pick could provide the club with an opportunity to trade both for a selection higher up the order.

The Bombers would have to keep a retired Winderlich on their list for 2015 to prevent him from moving to another club, with the pre-season draft an option if Essendon refuses to release him.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/bombers-pitch-in-to-keep-jason-winderlich-20141008-113aio.html#ixzz3FZZaCjyy

tony_montana

« Reply #109 on: October 09, 2014, 07:31:29 AM »
So Marty White is on less than 300k a season bc we got nothing for him even though he signed for 3 years...

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #110 on: October 09, 2014, 07:33:47 AM »
So Marty White is on less than 300k a season bc we got nothing for him even though he signed for 3 years...
Interesting. I have good info to say he receives $330k per year.......
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

dwaino

« Reply #111 on: October 09, 2014, 07:43:01 AM »

I thought of White straight away too. If we didn't even get a token pick for him then Essendong have no chance of anything for Winderlich.

Ryder is exercising the clause thing I heard this morning. If successful I guess Winderlich can too.

Essendong's attitude is if they can't have him then neither can anyone else.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Re: Bombers pitch in to keep Jason Winderlich (Age)
« Reply #112 on: October 09, 2014, 08:09:42 AM »
Bombers pitch in to keep Jason Winderlich

Emma Quayle
    The Age
    October 9, 2014

Carlton was not compensated for Jarrad Waite's move to Carlton

Good job by Emma and her editors.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #113 on: October 09, 2014, 08:57:06 AM »

I thought of White straight away too. If we didn't even get a token pick for him then Essendong have no chance of anything for Winderlich.

Ryder is exercising the clause thing I heard this morning. If successful I guess Winderlich can too.

Essendong's attitude is if they can't have him then neither can anyone else.

Don't think Winderlich will be able to, as he supposedly wasn't part of the injectables program.

Pricks will release him though surely.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #114 on: October 09, 2014, 10:45:20 AM »
No pun intended dwaino?
Or just needling our bomba friends ;D
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

dwaino

« Reply #115 on: October 09, 2014, 11:21:03 AM »
Calling them pricks was Andy's handy work.  ;D I was merely quoted

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #116 on: October 09, 2014, 12:06:11 PM »
I reckon the fool will stay. Done more backflips than a circus monkey, what's one more ?  :shh
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #117 on: October 09, 2014, 12:46:50 PM »
I reckon the fool will stay. Done more backflips than a circus monkey, what's one more ?  :shh

Looking that way, either that or they will bitterly force him into retirement. They are thrashing around into their death throes trying to take as many with them as they can as they go.  :badidea

dwaino

« Reply #118 on: October 09, 2014, 12:49:46 PM »
As they huff and puff would be funny to see them have to keep him, taking a list spot while he doesn't ever train or play a game.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #119 on: October 09, 2014, 01:30:07 PM »
We've shown with Houli that we are patient.  Think we will get him in the PSD.