Author Topic: $50 donation program to help RFC in 2020  (Read 11279 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: $50 donation program to help RFC in 2020
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2020, 08:04:49 PM »
Players to take a 50% pay cut according to the AFLPA.

Reduced list sizes of 35 for next year being considered.

AFL now in control of all player contracts.

Off-field staff: Clubs told to start backwards with everyone on leave and then decide who is essential.

Source: Tom Browne, Talking Footy.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2020, 08:30:21 PM »
Houli should probably retire now...Nankervis is cooked... Aarts, McIntosh..then you get to the likes of Garthwaite, Chol :(, Miller.....there's 7...:shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2020, 10:13:49 PM »
Geez Geez

Brave Brando needs to be compensated! I am furious.

Bring him home, the wheels are in motion.....:shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2020, 10:32:23 PM »
Hutchy on Footy Classified thinks it will be a billion dollar hit to the AFL industry.

Fighting Money:
AFL Future Fund $100m
AFL Cuts $100m
Players cut $60m
Total $260m

So still a big hole if Hutchy is right.

Caro said she now genuinely fears the loss and merging of clubs.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2020, 10:40:39 PM »
Club rationalisation in Victoria is the best solution. 18 teams is unwieldy and its finally time for an AFL Super League to evolve. 16 teams is fine for an AFL competition in Australia including Tassie.

Richmond
Collingwood
Essendon
Carlton North (merger between Blues & Norf)
Geelong
Hawthorn
Melbourne Saints (merger of Melb & StK)
Western Bulldogs
Sydney
GWS Giants
Adelaide
Port Adelaide
Brisbane
West Coast
Fremantle
& Tasmania

If you want 14 take out Port Adelaide and Tasmania

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2020, 10:44:37 PM »
I still believe Richmond supporters should rally and start donating via a Bpay program. AFL footy will change forever as a result and we need to ensure our club can get through this successfully with us emerging as a powerhouse in the comp when this is all over.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2020, 11:06:33 PM »
Richmond
Collingwood
Essendon
Carlton
Geelong
Hawthorn
Sydney
Adelaide
Port
Brisbane
West Coast
Fremantle
Canberra-Riverina Red Giants (GWS-Suns merger)
Tassie Roowoldts

26 rounds, final 5 system à la 80's :shh

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2020, 02:20:36 AM »
Hutchy said the AFL owning Docklands Stadium (worth $2 billion) will save the sport. It will allow the AFL to get a line of credit of $500m from the NAB. The NRL is in a worse position as they don't have that. They rely on po-kies which have also shut down.

https://www.sportbusiness.com/news/nrl-and-afl-suspend-seasons-face-up-to-major-financial-impact/

NRL will lose $13m a round. So at the moment with 24 H/A rounds remaining they are down over $300m and that's not including no state of origin nor finals.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2020, 07:14:47 PM »
Just five AFL clubs are likely to come out of the coronavirus shutdown financial secure, according to The West's chief football writer Mark Duffield.

“If you go from the top, West Coast, Richmond, Collingwood, probably Essendon, Hawthorn’s in that group. Everyone south of that group is probably under severe threat,” Duffield said.

Quartermain agreed, listing Victoria’s trio North Melbourne, St Kilda and Melbourne as some of the most vulnerable clubs.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/the-game-afl-podcast/duff-and-quarters-podcast-thirteen-clubs-under-severe-financial-threat-due-to-the-afls-coronavirus-shutdown-ng-b881498545z

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2020, 08:01:58 PM »
Not surprisingly, Ch 7 news mentioned St Kilda as one of those in trouble. The Saints are carrying a large debt and are the most dependent on AFL handouts.

Also mentioned tonight that the TV rights money has ceased being paid given there's no games.

It was reported on one of the news services that some clubs are still withdrawing membership money from members accounts despite no footy. They didn't say which clubs.

I still believe Richmond supporters should rally and start donating via a Bpay program. AFL footy will change forever as a result and we need to ensure our club can get through this successfully with us emerging as a powerhouse in the comp when this is all over.
Problem is people won't donate if they don't have a job. This will also hurt next year's membership numbers too.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2020, 08:39:07 PM »
Yep, ramps is being ridiculous

Far more important things going on. If there is a billionaire Richmond supporter out there, perhaps they can donate

20% of our supporters probably won't have jobs in 6 months.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2020, 09:11:00 PM »
Pfft..... that never stopped Collingwood supporters from contributing to their club... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2020, 09:29:14 PM »

Far more important things going on. If there is a billionaire Richmond supporter out there, perhaps they can donate

Why ridiculous?

A $50 bpay donation to rfc is not ridiculous. No one will starve over $50. Everyone claims they love the club, but it seems $50 is too much for some. My idea could raise $5,000,000 for our club. It would help enormously. Anyway each to own, I will try and donate 2 or 3 times if i can.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2020, 10:36:48 PM »

Why ridiculous?

A $50 bpay donation to rfc is not ridiculous. No one will starve over $50. Everyone claims they love the club, but it seems $50 is too much for some. My idea could raise $5,000,000 for our club. It would help enormously. Anyway each to own, I will try and donate 2 or 3 times if i can.

Ramps, have you not seen the queues at Centrelink? Our employment rate is going to (at best) double. People are struggling in a way not seem since the Great Depression

$50 right now is not something alot of people can spare.

People don't have enough money to pay their mortgages, rent... $50 is a bloody lot right now... so sorry people are struggling and so the idea of stumping up $50 for a football club is just not possible.

So, I agree with AT, right now and I get your intention, this donation idea is ridiculous.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)