Author Topic: sugar  (Read 3927 times)

letsgetiton!

sugar
« on: July 31, 2005, 03:40:31 PM »
now im not at the game but listening on radio as my daughter has pneumonia and thus far im am disgusted in what has panned out up to half time. we all had suspisions we would get complacent and it sall starts and ends on the field iwth th ecaptain. sugar thus far til half time has been nopthing but pathetic, his ball use not so good as usual!!
sorry mt
i know u love sugar but he is nothing but an overrated tivendale imo. i hope in the second half he proves me wrong and the boys can start using the ball correctly.
and can some teach cogs and tell him never to kick high hospital; floating passes, the kids never learns.

and btw why the f cant we kick str8 at the dome

letsgetiton!

Re: sugar
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2005, 04:24:22 PM »
3/4 time and its time to send sugar back to adelaide. its a damn disgrace that this game is so important and only our young guys are having a true dip! this is a game where a captain must stand up , the kangas came from 40pts down today , why???? because they have a true captain and true leaders on the field!!!! injuries are no excuse , we are playing 4 finals v the bottom team!!!! and that fat arse red head just keeps getting the ball and rebounding, the slowest man in afl history.
i honestly do believe as i said in a previous thread , we need to get rid of at least 10 more players!!!

Offline Piping Shrike

• Premiership Captain
  • Nothing today
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2005, 04:44:02 PM »
I wouldn't get too excited X-CITED. The possibility of finals is a bit of temporary excitement but I think that the enormity of the task ahead is still clear to most. The main playing core of this team is still much the same as the one that won a spoon.

Also keep in mind that most Vic clubs are basically playing for 7th and 8th these days - they're playing in a B league that provides filler for the main non-Vic teams.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2005, 06:03:22 PM »
All our senior guys were poor X. I'm not going to defend any of them after today's "effort" but to single out one above all is ridiculous. It's his fault other blokes in his team who are meant to be AFL standard can't perform a basic skill such a kicking a ball between two posts from 30m or less. In fact our skills from everyone today were nothing short of pathetic. Hartigan possibly the exception.

The final score would've been the same no matter who was captain today. As for the Roos comeback today - a week is along time in footy as we came back from 43 points down against Port in Adelaide before just going down. Although the Roos are a better side than us let's not forget Port have been giving up huge leads all year.

PS hit the nail on the head. The main playing core of this team is still much the same as the one that won the spoon last year.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Bulluss

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2005, 06:10:07 PM »
Your right MT, most of our senior players were ordinary today.

Sure Sugar wasnt great but there were many more worse than him and i think Krak was X.

But as MT said its unfair to try and blame one or two players, most of them were responsible for that terrible performance today and they need to have a good hard look at themselves.

I am sure that Terry will sort them out.

Ox

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2005, 06:14:20 PM »
He's a fraud.

Worst captain of the RFC in many years.

Has no influence and half his plays result in turnovers.

He's fooled everyone.

If he was as good as he believes he is we would be rokkin'

Soory,just the way i see it.

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2005, 06:33:19 PM »
His nowhere near 100% fit, i am sure of it!

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2005, 06:38:28 PM »
lmfaoooo@X having it in for Johnson by half time.

He's definitely injured but no doubt he played bad - as did 3 quarters of the team.

Ox

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2005, 06:46:16 PM »
I know he can play but in a situation like today you need to show
more leadership and direction,especially when u have rookies running around.

I know he's injured but in my guts i rate him less than i would Campb.

Campbell is still in charge really.

Cane is a thong wearing Bogan.

LMAOOOOOOOO@Frawley taking credit for krakheads growth rate.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO@Finals footy.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO@ Actually winning one if we did get in.

Having said that,Im still happy in comparison to last year

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2005, 06:55:46 PM »
We are still  feeling the repercussions of Frawley's era and will be for the next couple of years it's sad to say.

Over the next two years I think we will get rid of about 13-15 players and start working towards having a genuine finals-level  team. 

Bottom line is we have too many soft koks and too many intellectually wacko players to make a go if it at the moment.

That we have done as well as we have this year is a credit to us because talent wise i'd say we're about 12th if not lower.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 06:58:27 PM by JohnF »

Bulluss

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2005, 07:54:22 PM »
Bottom line is we have too many soft koks and too many intellectually wacko players to make a go if it at the moment

Cant say it any better than that John!!!!

LMAO@Frawley and his bullsh&t comments

And what the hell was Bowden thinking today when he was running into goal and decided to handball which resulted in a throw in. i nearly threw up.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2005, 08:42:56 PM »
mt, if u read my posts u would see yes i did mention sugar as he is the one who leads us and brings us down!!!
i did say its our young guys are having a dip as in all our experienced players are letting the team dwn! it starts with th ecaptain! just face it, sugar is not the player the medis, th eclub and most fools think he is!!! he is the one who cost us today!!! sure  other players missed easy goals but they didnt cr8 goals from turnovers from poo disposal!!!!
pettifer, bling,deledio, harts, and hilton were our best players  today, graham tried hard as did thursfield and campbell. but when ur captain starts the game playing like a dog , most will follow suit!
just accept the facts and we must stop looking through black and yellow glasses, sugar is crap, cogs has no idea what to do with the ball once he gets it, he also misses too many targets and kicks to many slow floating hospital passes, at least when hyde lays a kick he will spear it lace out.
cogs was a joke today also and he just flowed from sugar.
i will not take injuries as an excuse, once ur on the ground ur fit, we play our best footy when sugar isnt playing or on the bench.
im just being realistic and adelaide let him go too easily because they knew what everyone else didnt. some players are just lucky to play grandfinals!
i dont care what or who the players want as captain, its no fgood having a captain who cannot hit a target or make the right decisions!
as a realist i knoe we are along way from being a power side, but what bugs me is why are we wasting time with players like hall, tiv, johnson, stafford, campbell and co because we have 5 years to rebuild and we have wasted much of this yr by not giving many kids game time as the hawks have done! our ladder position early on fooled many , it just sux becaus ei knew what happened today would happen, i tipped the blues  in my footy tips because i could sense this. our boys got complacent as did geelong, but it all starts from tha captain on field. terry warned the players and everyone all week that this could happen, it was up to all the leaders, starting from sugar to keep everyone focused.
well done to all the kids today, at least they had a dip .
sugar , shame on u, u aint that sweet, u wanted to be captain , well play and act like one!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2005, 10:53:53 PM »
And what the hell was Bowden thinking today when he was running into goal and decided to handball which resulted in a throw in. i nearly threw up.

And thanks Bully for reminding me of that piece of ....er..... play.

If we wanna be critical of our leaders - be critical of that because it was pathetic and.............

Why wasn't he dragged for it :help >:(

he is the one who cost us today!!!

Look I was disappointed with Suga today but he was the one that cost us - please give me a break. There were 22 players representing the Tigers and beleive me not many of them can say the did so well

sure other players missed easy goals but they didnt cr8 goals from turnovers from pooh disposal!!!!

Sorry X - but if you are forward and 20 metres out from goal directly in front and miss then in my book that's costly and Simmonds misses were extremely costly today.

pettifer, bling,deledio, harts, and hilton were our best players today

I will repeat Hilton was NOT one of best today

graham tried hard as did thursfield and campbell.

Just on Thursfiled - yep he tried hard but he had a bad day

at least when hyde lays a kick he will spear it lace out.

This is true he did it today at least 3 times. There was only one tiny problem they went straight to Carlton players but yep he did hit 'em lace out

i will not take injuries as an excuse, once ur on the ground ur fit,

Sorry X but you confuse me with this one. For the last few weeks you've been defending Simmonds for his poor performances because you said he's carrying an injury. Either you take them as excuse for everyone or you take them for no one.

As I said it wasn't one of Suga's best games but he wasn't alone - it was a very poor performance right across the board
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2005, 10:58:04 PM »

I was about to open up a thread on this but after watching this joke for 9 years I aint wasting a whole new database record on him here at OER.

My hand is still bruised from that passage of play. What an absolute farce that was.......Im about to be sick thinking about it. How stuffing moronic was that. I agree Sugar aint no captain but this moron instead?  :banghead :banghead :banghead
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2005, 11:50:53 PM »
Bottom line is we have too many soft koks and too many intellectually wacko players to make a go if it at the moment

Cant say it any better than that John!!!!

LMAO@Frawley and his bullsh&t comments

Now we know why coaches want their players to always take the first option. Bowden often doesn't and though it makes him look good baulking players, it can also be costly, as we saw in that terrible piece of play.