Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo [merged]  (Read 107357 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo [merged]
« Reply #210 on: August 20, 2019, 03:25:25 PM »
GC aren't "dirty " on us - Cochrane said is much and as we all know , he wouldn't hold back if they were....Hawthorn & O'Meara on the other hand.... :shh

As for what we could offer them - that's where list managers earn their keep..in Balmey we trust...getting the likes of Rowell and/or Anderson would set us up for a dozen year dynasty and beyond...if not GC's picks than at least more picks in the top 20... :shh :shh

Crouch would be just like getting an older version of Graham -but one who doesn't play forward- and would in all likelyhood keep him or our other promising kids with higher ceilings out of the side and even him & Graham both in the side would just transplant Adelaide's midfied  issues to us i.e. too one-paced (yes SPP ain't quick either but he has far more tricks and natural ability) - only blokes I'd want from Adelaide are Keith (but only for unders due to his age) and Fogerty.. :shh :shh :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #211 on: August 20, 2019, 04:01:08 PM »
I reckon nows the time to hit the draft and get early picks and set up for the future. I have high hopes for Balta and CCJ and Naish etc and adding to this group should be a priority.

Should also be some fair quality to choose from in the state leagues with late/rookie picks like Riccardi, Smallwood, Lowson who got injured just before the mid-season draft that was widely tipped to go top 3 with Pickett & Dunkley..... the latter two are small mid-forwards - though Lowson is 182cm so hardly a midget- but would be very good replacements for Butler, Aarts and even Bolton if he goes....  . :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #212 on: August 20, 2019, 04:16:59 PM »
I would have thought we should go for the best KP back in the ND. We need to develop another Rance/Astbury/Grimes type even if Garthwaite comes on. I want Balta on the wing or even in the middle as a pure mid in the Kouta mould. We need to be adding things now and have them develop in the twos for two to three years.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #213 on: August 20, 2019, 04:45:57 PM »
 De Koning/Worell & Kelly  :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #214 on: August 21, 2019, 11:00:17 AM »
Promising youngster Adam Cerra — contracted until the end of 2021 — will also remain [at Freo] despite speculation about a move back east. He is seen to have stagnated after a bright debut season, averaging only 15 disposals per game while being played out of position at times.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/fremantle/fremantle-midfielder-ed-langdon-has-decided-to-leave-to-play-for-a-victorian-club/news-story/5d9386ddc2130bbc5dc346ce3147e5ee

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #215 on: August 21, 2019, 01:18:00 PM »
He'll be here soon enough.... :shh

Tiger71 on the BF Tigers podcast said B.Crouch is "70%" chance of being at Richmond next year but his "source" -who he says has never been wrong- told him that it was done...he(T71) reckons this year's and next year's second will get it done but they'll probably want a player too -Menadue or Markov most likely-  reckoned we wanted Crouch's brother as well but Adelaide said no way. :shh :shh

Also reckons BEllis is off to Carlton for big money that will net us first round compo and Callum Moore is also gone - off to either Norf or the Wobbles..:shh :shh :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #216 on: August 21, 2019, 01:21:18 PM »
On SEN this morning (just after 7.30) they did their daily trade wrap

Said:

- Carlton going hard for BEllis

- Cerra staying at Freo

- N0rt likely to put Mason Wood up for trade

- Cognilio likely to DE-Ssign with Giants

- Patton to Hawks done deal
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #217 on: August 21, 2019, 01:31:06 PM »
I'd take Mason Wood in a heartbeat... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #218 on: August 21, 2019, 02:53:49 PM »
Has never quite reached the heights he looked like he could earlier in his career.

Wouldn’t mind Karl Amon though if he is cheap. He has impressed me this year and has oodles of talent. A big improver. He has indicated he wants to come back to Victoria.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #219 on: August 21, 2019, 03:36:53 PM »
Has never quite reached the heights he looked like he could earlier in his career.

Wouldn’t mind Karl Amon though if he is cheap. He has impressed me this year and has oodles of talent. A big improver. He has indicated he wants to come back to Victoria.

Heard we're into a Port defender... :shh

Wood as a third tall behind Jack & Lynch or even on the wing would thrive IMO , would also fill their roles when they're on the bench and be decent coverage when they're injured...especially if we lose Markov who's finally showing some promise as a forward to Adelaide and Moore who the club see mainly as a forward even though I don't...personally I'd love to get Fogarty but that won't happen... agree we should draft Riccardi as well and possibly Worrell who plays both ends...would like our own version of Allen to Lynch & Jack's Darling & Kennedy...Chol is kind of doing it now but he has ruck duties as well....:shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #220 on: August 21, 2019, 04:34:13 PM »
Sam Edmund believes the Blues will go hard after Richmond defender Brandon Ellis and Gold Coast midfielder Jack Martin if they miss on Coniglio.

“That would be disappointing for his potential suitors like Hawthorn and Carlton, but there will be some compensation there,” he said.

“The Blues are now really strongly linked to Brandon Ellis at Richmond and Jack Martin at Gold Coast.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/08/20/blues-strongly-linked-to-out-of-contract-tiger-and-sun/
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trade-whispers-2019-karl-amon-set-to-request-trade-again-jack-martin-and-brandon-ellis-linked-to-carlton/news-story/b4ac5a24d688a680cc0ae926cb763e3d

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #221 on: August 21, 2019, 04:35:28 PM »
Harley Bennell, has been linked to four Melbourne-based clubs and the source of his ongoing calf injuries reportedly discovered.

During his time at the Suns, Bennell finished second in the club’s best and fairest at just the age of 20.

He played alongside Richmond’s Tom Lynch for his five seasons up on the Gold Coast and the ex-Suns captain could only praise his talent.

“Some of the games he played up there and he’s 21 years old and he was getting best on grounds,” Lynch told SEN Breakfast.

“When he’s fit enough and ready, he’s a super player and would really add to any side.

“Hopefully he gets a bit of interest and gets his calf right, has a great career that he should have with all the talent he has,” Lynch said.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/08/20/bennell-connected-to-victorian-clubs-more-dockers-rumoured-to-be-on-the/

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #222 on: August 21, 2019, 09:26:06 PM »

Agree with both, Mason would be huuuge
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #223 on: August 21, 2019, 11:05:10 PM »
Would we raid Melbourne to get a disgruntled inside mid? Clayton Oliver played for our VFL side in 2015 before he was drafted.

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=26697.0

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #224 on: August 21, 2019, 11:14:00 PM »
Where did you hear he's disgruntled?  :huh

- Thomas Sowell