Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo [merged]  (Read 107374 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo [merged]
« Reply #330 on: September 17, 2019, 01:14:11 PM »
Shaun Higgins is staying at North. So Geelong miss out.

Adelaide ruckman Sam Jacobs has agreed to join GWS on a two-year deal.

Melbourne has made an offer to Collingwood forward Jamie Elliott who says he will put contract negotiations on hold until the end of this year.

Source: SEN.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #331 on: September 18, 2019, 12:35:17 AM »
Q. What will blues have to give up for Jack Martin? Also Papley Butler and Betts are blues really gonna get 3 small forwards in 1 period any other sneaky 1s maybe a mid?

A. The Blues will offer a future 2nd but the Suns will haggle. It may become a situation where the Blues split their first rounder to two later picks to appear the Swans and Suns.

https://twitter.com/AFLTradeWhisper/status/1173903888275034112

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #332 on: September 18, 2019, 12:58:18 PM »
Richmond BF munchkins take this bloke's word as gospel..I don't, but anyway...Crouch & SPP stuff is hardly a secret anymore(admittedly he was the first to mention Crouch a year ago, but he's only started mentioning SPP since others have :shh) the "Sydney mid" stuff is a new one though... :shh

Quote from: Tiger71
Ok what I have managed to get together

Crouch - The sacking has delayed things. We were hopeful we would have a definite answer by the end of the week, obviously we have not got it yet. We still think we are a chance but the mail is its a real 50/50. If he does leave, it will be to the tigers, you can bookmark that. Obviously if i hear further ill let you know.

SPP- We believe he is 100% get able. Watch this space as a few clubs are hunting him, which includes us. I would expect our interest to ramp up if crouch stay's. Next week will be pretty active with having a more clearer picture.

One interesting I did here is that we are seeing if we can pry a sydney mid out, who it is, i cant say yet as I have been told not to release the name but once i have been given the OK ill let you guys know.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/trade-draft-targets-rumours-2019.1216210/post-62902668

:shh :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #333 on: September 18, 2019, 04:47:08 PM »
Zak Jones would be the Swan mid.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #334 on: September 18, 2019, 06:13:19 PM »
That's who everyone is speculating it is on Big Footy ...just wondering -if it's true -whether or not we'd want him in lieu of Crouch or SPP or as well as them.. if it's the latter I'd say the club see him more as a defender than a mid... prefer him as a mid though..  disposal's too inconsistent for the backline and he tends to bite off more than he can chew...he also won't improve our free kick differential.. :shh
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 07:00:42 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #335 on: September 18, 2019, 07:02:16 PM »
Yep. Jones' foot disposal is too scattergun for defence.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #336 on: September 18, 2019, 08:14:16 PM »
Yep. Jones' foot disposal is too scattergun for defence.
He does defend though.... although that doesn’t seem to matter much anymore as long as you can kick it 50m down the line.

#thankf$&kforGrimesandVlaustin

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #337 on: September 18, 2019, 11:12:36 PM »
So the bloke at BF just said he meant Sydney as in the city, not the club and that the mid we supposedly have in our sights is actually from GWS...if that's case, then unless we're going to gazump Melbourne for Tomlinson, my uneducated guess is that it's probably Aiden Bonar... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #338 on: September 19, 2019, 02:06:48 AM »
Talented GWS Giant Aiden Bonar will explore his options at the end of the season. Richmond, Essendon and Hawthorn have all expressed interest in Bonar.

St Kilda midfielder Jack Steven is going to Geelong for late 2nd or early 3rd round pick.

https://twitter.com/TheRealBozza1

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #339 on: September 19, 2019, 01:33:23 PM »
Dunno about Bonar tbh...has talent and is a good size but he also smacks of the type of GWS fringe player that usually ends up at Carlton.. :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #340 on: September 19, 2019, 01:50:46 PM »
Would take him. We won't have to pay too much.

We rated him going into the draft.

We are not Carlton.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #341 on: September 19, 2019, 01:54:33 PM »
Hmmm, will he be getting a game this week with the likes of Ward, Deledio, Greene, Whitfield and Coniglio all missing?

If he's cheap then it's an opportunity but I wouldn't be paying much if he's nowhere near the firsts...

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #342 on: September 19, 2019, 04:55:32 PM »
Bonar is 20 years of age 188cm 87kg inside midfielder

Had back to back knee reconstructions as a kid and as a result lost a lot of development time.

Pre-draft reports state "with the right coaching" he would flourish. Richmond has that.

Selected as a first round draft pick at #11 but hasn't set the world on fire since. We could get him relatively cheaply and trust our development to bring out his much vaunted x-factor.

Everything to gain. Go for it.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #343 on: September 19, 2019, 10:07:30 PM »
Hmmm, will he be getting a game this week with the likes of Ward, Deledio, Greene, Whitfield and Coniglio all missing?

If he's cheap then it's an opportunity but I wouldn't be paying much if he's nowhere near the firsts...

Keefe & Hill in...not even named in the emegencies... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond