Author Topic: Nahas on TAC Cup Future Stars  (Read 1988 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Nahas on TAC Cup Future Stars
« on: September 25, 2011, 12:56:44 PM »
Robbie Nahas will be a guest on TAC Cup Future Stars at 1pm on Ch 9.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Re: Nahas on TAC Cup Future Stars
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 01:14:39 PM »
Bit of awkwardness there with TW :wallywink
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 01:30:22 PM »
Heaps of praise for Gary Ayres from Robbie. Nahas was a short midfielder in the U18s who didn't have much of an impact so that's why he was overlooked by AFL recruiters. He went to Port Melbourne and when Ayres arrived as coach he told Robbie if you want to get drafted to the AFL you'll need to play as a small forward applying heaps of defensive pressure. Robbie resisted for the first 3 practice matches and hardly got a touch so Ayres told him how about we do it my way for a week and the rest is history.

The other thing Robbie spoke about was the GPS watches all the Richmond boys now wear over the offseason so the Club knows the boys have stuck to their set training regimes when they come back to preseason training. Ben Dixon said Robbie should hand the watch over to Craig Motram, Shane Crawford or his pet dog for a while to really impress the fitness staff  ;D.

Robbie reckons Port will win easily the VFL Grand Final today. He's off to watch it.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 01:35:48 PM »
Gary Ayres should be an assistant coach in the AFL. Wouldnt mind him being at Richmond doing some defensive/development coaching tbh.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 04:17:10 PM »
ive advocated that for a while now, id personally call neil craig and demand an answer within 24 hours or tell him where to get off. Then secure Gary Ayres, he knows all about producuing a winning team week in week out...Id suggest in all years he coached he barely missed finals...and that includes VFL with that rag tag bunch of misfits down at port melbourne with no afl alignment :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 08:07:03 PM »
Here's a link to these Garmin GPS watches

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=11039&ra=true#owners

Forerunner® 405

Part Number: 010-00658-10
Suggested Retail Price: $ 219.99 USD

Long runs, tempo runs, speed drills. You expect a lot from your body…and from your training gear. Meet Forerunner 405. This GPS-enabled sport watch tracks your training, then wirelessly sends your data to your computer. The ultimate in training technology, its sleek design features a touch bezel that lets you quickly scroll and select features on the run.

Watch Results

Loaded with serious training features, Forerunner 405 continuously monitors your time, distance, pace, calories and heart rate (when paired with heart rate monitor). Each run is stored in memory so you can review and analyze the data to see how you've improved. You even can download recorded courses to compete against previous workouts or race a Virtual Partner®. Customize Forerunner’s data screens for instant feedback while you train.

Use with Ease

Sport watch and personal trainer, Forerunner 405 gives you the best of both worlds in a sleek, stylish package. This high performance watch is easy to use and comfortable to wear when not training. Simply tap the touch bezel to change screens without fumbling for a button. Forerunner 405 comes in 2 colors — black or green — to fit your style.

Run, Sync, Store and Share

Once you’ve logged the miles, innovative ANT+™ wireless technology automatically transfers data to your computer when the Forerunner is in range. No cables, no hookups. The data’s just there, ready for you to analyze, categorize and share through our online community, Garmin Connect™ or our optional Garmin Training Center® software. You can wirelessly send workouts from your computer to Forerunner, too.

Share Wirelessly

With Forerunner 405 you can share your locations, advanced workouts and courses wirelessly with other Forerunner 405 users. Now you can send your favorite workout to your buddy to try, or compete against a friend's recorded course. Sharing data is easy. Just select “transfer” to send your information to nearby units.

Track Heart Rate

Forerunner 405 is available with or without a heart rate monitor (see the versions tab) to help you make the most out of your training. Versions with a digital heart rate monitor continuously track heart beats per minute. Train in a certain heart rate zone to improve your fitness level or compare your pace and heart rate to past performance on the same run.

Cross-Train

Take your training inside with the versatile Forerunner 405. Pair it with an optional foot pod to track your speed, distance and running cadence indoors when a GPS signal is unavailable. This new design clips onto your laces for easy removal and automatically turns on when you start moving. You also can add a speed/cadence bike sensor to track the speed and distance of your cycling workouts.

Lock Onto Satellite Signals

Forerunner 405 sports a unique design that gives the GPS antenna a better view of the sky, so it can get a stronger signal during your run. And its high-sensitivity GPS receiver provides improved tracking under trees and near tall buildings.

Forerunner 405: Accelerate your training.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=11039&ra=true#owners

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 08:27:24 PM »
my missus uses the forerunner 610 for cross country and marathons etc.  They are pretty impressive, you dump the data straight onto the computer and it shows you a map, elevations, all your times etc, incredible.
Lots of people name their swords......

gerkin greg

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 08:30:36 PM »
does she know you've been tracking her mate?

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 10:36:05 AM »
no and she doesn't know who I am or that she is my wife now, but she will soon, shes MY wife now ....
Lots of people name their swords......

gerkin greg

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 01:15:46 PM »
 :lol

you scare me
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 01:27:44 PM by WilliamPowell »