Author Topic: Best XXII at this stage.  (Read 575 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Best XXII at this stage.
« on: May 27, 2008, 08:45:16 PM »
Moore Thursfeild King
Newman McGaune McMahon
Richo Tambling Cotchin
Brown Riewoldt Edwards
Morton Polak Connors
Simmonds Deledio Foley
Johnson Pattison Tuck White

CHB, FF and the final midfeild/forward roatation are still our weak points.

It's still a very young spine (22, 22, 19, 23) and many of the runners are quite young; White, Morton, Connors.

- Polak vs Hughes: FF.
 - McGaune vs Schultz: CHB

2 spots in the team for: Morton/White, Raines/Polo/Jackson and hopfully Cogs down the track.

I don't think it is best for our long term development to be playing Tivendale, Howatt, Hyde. Pettifer and Bowden are pretty much in the same basket.

Would rather gets games into kids and rewards their down rather than 25+ year olds. 1st round draft picks:
 - JON (8), Meyer (12), Rance (18).

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Best XXII at this stage.
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 12:49:22 AM »
A tough one as there's spots in the side that aren't clearcut.

McGuane Thursfield King
Newman Moore McMahon
Richo Tambling Deledio
Bowden Riewoldt Edwards
Morton Polak Brown
Simmonds Johnson Foley
Pattison Cotchin  Tuck  White

Hyde is in our side at the moment as our tagger. We play one true forward or ruckman less for this structure. No Patto against Geelong, no Polak against Essendon.

Connors wouldn't be in our best 22. Not match fit due to no preseason. For similar reasons Cotch is played in spurts off the bench.

3rd tall defender spot: McGuane/Schulz currently. Rance would be a long-term option (2-3 years away)

Midsized forward: Morton/Petts fighting over the same position. Petts would be on his last chance as he's 5 years older than Morton.

Big forward: Polak has the hands to take a grab but not the confidence in the feet to kick goals. Schulz, Cleve and Patto have also been tried in this position. Spot still up for grabs.

Ruck: We have Simmo who is in our best 22 but Patto still is learning while Gus and Putty fit the 200+cm need but a unknown longer term options. Hence our interest in 206cm Warnock.

Midfield rotation needs more class and ballwinning numbers to sustain a four quarter performance.

I don't think it is best for our long term development to be playing Tivendale, Howatt, Hyde. Pettifer and Bowden are pretty much in the same basket.
The first 3 I don't see being around at Punt Rd in 2009. Petts as I said is on his last chance but could yet be traded. Joel also on his last chance.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd