Author Topic: Tigers cop $5000 fine for the trainer who told ump to go forth (afl site)  (Read 1610 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers cop $5000 fine for the trainer who roared
By Paul Daffey
Fri 15 Jun, 2012

RICHMOND has been slapped with a $5000 fine after a trainer approached a field umpire and made offensive comments to him after last week's loss to Fremantle at the MCG.

The decision was taken after the match-day umpires had submitted a report about the comments to the AFL.

The AFL's general manager football operations, Adrian Anderson, said the League had fined Richmond after also taking into account the recent incident in which Richmond coach Damien Hardwick had approached the umpires during a game.

Hardwick was given a suspended fine of $5000 for abusing an emergency umpire during the third quarter of the Tigers' loss to Essendon in round eight.

The suspended fine was for three years. Hardwick made a formal apology to the umpire.

"All match-day staff are required to adhere to a clear set of guidelines in relation to their conduct towards umpires," Anderson said.

"It is important that the AFL continues to take a zero tolerance approach in dealing with umpire abuse, as a negative match-day environment is still the primary factor impacting on the recruitment and retention of umpires in community football across Australia.”

Richmond lost to Essendon by 19 points in round eight and by 12 points to Fremantle in round 11.

The Tigers play Greater Western Sydney at Skoda Stadium in their round-12 match on Saturday.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/138695/default.aspx

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
The poor trainer only said what we all felt, id be more than happy to throw in a fiver to help him out :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
I wonder what he said lol
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Ruanaidh

The poor trainer only said what we all felt, id be more than happy to throw in a fiver to help him out :shh
Take it out of the 'Fighting Fund'. I actually know one of the trainers and If it was him ....well....you couldn't meet a nicer bloke.

Offline tigtuff12

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland

be damn near willing to chip in too - I pledge my $5 and will double it if said runner mentions my name in conjunction with a few choice words in next spray he gives the umps if they perform as horrendously as they did against Freo....
...the fighting fury...

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Its getting beyond ridiculous the umpiring of our games.

Jackstar is back again

how on earth did the Carlton player get pinged in the goal square in 2 nd Q for holding the ball is beyond belief, considering he never had the ball but was on the bottom of the pack.
INSANE !
Similar to Ivan against the Bombers :banghead

Offline tigtuff12

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
how on earth did the Carlton player get pinged in the goal square in 2 nd Q for holding the ball is beyond belief, considering he never had the ball but was on the bottom of the pack.
INSANE !
Similar to Ivan against the Bombers :banghead

^ that rule is junk - and they don't know how to police it properly...if you hear the "rules of the game" on SEN (with Giesch and his muppets) they actually say "If another player holds the ball in then THEY will be penalised"...how often do you see some poor bloke get mobbed by 19 other players with 18 of them holding the ball in on top & he gets pinged "cos he didn't make a genuine attempt"??  Genuine attempt?? How??

but yeah....i'd still chip in for his fine :) Umpiring was turds against the dockers
...the fighting fury...

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
So basically, umpires are infallible and beyond criticism, sounds doubleplus good to me.  How the hell can we get rid of this Demetriou totalitarian bastard and get our game back?  This prick is a tick.
Lots of people name their swords......

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Players make mistakes as do umpires. Just a part of the game.
The club that keeps giving.

dwaino

It's crook you can't say anything about those maggots. Even Laidler getting fined was a load of crock. His twitter comment wasn't loaded and was exactly what was being said by the commentators at the time.

Hellenic Tiger

Umpire number so and so is umpiring his 100th game. Who gives a skata.

Who gives a skata who the goal umpires are the boundary umpires the emergency umpire.

What are they going to do bring out a slime maggot green banner for them to run through each week.

Buy umps memberships at the start of the season and sit with the umps families at the games.

A bit of perspective please.

This is like the article in the paper a few weeks back that mentioned some police officers or others within management positions at offices in today's world came to be where they are because they were bullied at school and wanted to hand out retribution to write the wrongs in their life.

Whilst not advocating bullying as we see the tragic implications it creates but a question I would like to raise  are umps really crap footy players who at lunchtime at school were either picked last never given the ball during the game or always made to stand at the front of the pack and have the speccy taken over them. Payback when you're an adult?

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
What a pack of clowns you all are. I go to games to watch the umpires. The game is about them.

Pull your heads in FFS.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Great post tuck
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Hellenic Tiger

What a pack of clowns you all are. I go to games to watch the umpires. The game is about them.

Pull your heads in FFS.

So you post on OEU as well as here Coach. ;D

One eyed Ump.