Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 903042 times)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #1365 on: February 15, 2013, 03:37:50 PM »
yeah yeah too many people love the talk in February,

I want to see him perform come Rd 1, like i do all of them.

his flying this that is a crock

Tambling was flying in Feb every year he was at Richmond

Yeah but there is one glaring differentiation that you haven't taken into account. Dusty has proven himself to be very talented on a regular basis in the H/A rounds whereas all Tabling did was his best impersonation of a dung beetle with any ball that went below his knees.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1366 on: February 15, 2013, 04:56:31 PM »
Richmond coach Damien Hardwick has slammed as "un-Australian" ongoing social media rumours concerning star midfielder Dustin Martin.

Martin has been the subject of persistent unfounded rumours that he had been linked to the sporting drugs probe and that his playing future at Richmond was in doubt.

A clearly frustrated Hardwick said on Friday he had no time for unsubstantiated claims.

"He's a resilient individual but all we can deal in is the facts," Hardwick said.

"He's training very, very well. We're pleased with the way that he's going.

"You've only got to look at his form versus the All-Stars last week.

"His disposals probably weren't to the level that we expect but he's one our better players.

"He's fine."

Hardwick said the fact that rumours were swirling around Martin without any substance was something foreign to Australian standards.

"It's disappointing - social media, it's un-Australian," said Hardwick.

"It's just whingeing, whining. I can't stand it.'

Hardwick said Martin, who was suspended for two games last year by the Tigers for missing a training session after taking a sleeping pill, was abiding by team rules.

"All we can deal with is the facts," he said.

"He's training very, very well and he's going to be a very, very good player for us this year."

Richmond took part in an intra-club hit out on Friday as they prepare for their NAB Cup season opener next weekend against North Melbourne and Melbourne.

Hardwick said the Tigers' pre-season had been impressive.

"It's been a lot better," Hardwick said. "The training age of our team has improved so that means we can get more training into our guys.

"We've had a new fitness regime come in and we've been really impressed with that one.

"We've been pleased with what we've been able to put on the track. The thing that has been noticeable is that the boys can handle more work, compared to last year."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/richmond-coach-damien-hardwick-has-slammed-social-media-rumours-regarding-dustin-martin-as-un-australian/story-e6frf3e3-1226578620963

:cheers

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1367 on: February 15, 2013, 05:50:31 PM »
Good, everyone can now move on!

agree 100% WAT

But I reckon there are some that can't because they don't know how or simply dont want too

Totally agree mate, the movie Groundhog Day has nothing on this saga!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1368 on: February 15, 2013, 06:20:09 PM »
Ch 7 news tonight - "Tigers defend wild child Dustin Martin"

::)
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1369 on: February 15, 2013, 07:02:14 PM »
Dont worry it will blow over when we lose R1 and Hardwick is on the chopping block

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1370 on: February 15, 2013, 07:35:14 PM »
Much truth in jest Chucky. No doubt the media will be hoping we do fall on our face again in round 1.

Ch 7 mentioned aspects of the rumour without mentioning it was made-up on social media and then continually rehashed  ::).

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1371 on: February 15, 2013, 08:28:59 PM »
yeah yeah too many people love the talk in February,

I want to see him perform come Rd 1, like i do all of them.

his flying this that is a crock

Tambling was flying in Feb every year he was at Richmond

Yeah but there is one glaring differentiation that you haven't taken into account. Dusty has proven himself to be very talented on a regular basis in the H/A rounds whereas all Tabling did was his best impersonation of a dung beetle with any ball that went below his knees.

neither have proven anything. Dusty has more potential, actually a hell of a lot more but potential means jack.

Maybe its me but i couldnt give a toss about how any player is travelling between November-March because most of it is bull poo

Lets talk Rd 1
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 02:24:08 AM by one-eyed »
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1372 on: February 16, 2013, 02:56:36 AM »
Herald-Sun's article this morning reiterating Hardwick's comment:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/richmond-coach-damien-hardwick-says-dustin-martin-victim-of-whingeing-social-media/story-e6frf9jf-1226579122549

The Bendigo Advertiser however included a pathetic baseless BS line in their article ::)

http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/story/1305036/social-media-attack-on-tiger-unfounded/?cs=82

I hope the RFC's lawyers see and act against this crap ::).

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1373 on: February 16, 2013, 11:09:46 AM »
what is the pathetic baseless BS line you talk about, Cyclops?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #1374 on: February 16, 2013, 11:40:17 AM »
Herald-Sun's article this morning reiterating Hardwick's comment:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/richmond-coach-damien-hardwick-says-dustin-martin-victim-of-whingeing-social-media/story-e6frf9jf-1226579122549

The Bendigo Advertiser however included a pathetic baseless BS line in their article ::)

http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/story/1305036/social-media-attack-on-tiger-unfounded/?cs=82

I hope the RFC's lawyers see and act against this crap ::).

The BS comment seems to have been removed?
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

the claw

« Reply #1375 on: February 16, 2013, 01:18:18 PM »
From all the reports I've read, Dusty has actually lost weight and is in much better shape than last year. He is also tearing up the training track and responding well to Mark Williams tutelage.

I think the Bombers are crapping man made construction cubes as Danky clearly stated publicly that everyone at Essendon knew about his methods including James Hird and as far as I am aware Dusty has never been implicated in any of the official investigations underway. So as others have said, give the kid a break and get off his frikken back!! :banghead :banghead :banghead
yet club stats has him gaining 3 kg on last yr. go figure.
he sure looks like he has trimmed down to me. his core strength is phenominal and he can afford to lose a bit of weight. less weight may mean a little more speed.

dustys weakness is not his size but his motor. if this has improved then i have no doubt dusty will be even better. the ability to go both ways will make for a well rounded player and the ability to get to more contests will make him even more influential than he is now.

imo i reckon hes two yrs away from having a motor big enough to enable him to be truly elite. motor and non preffered side are the areas i want to see improvement in.perhaps taking better options with ball in hand as well. not trying to thread the needle with every kick etc or taking players on when a little give woulf release a team mate.
theres lots of improvement left in this kid yet.

Gigantor

« Reply #1376 on: February 16, 2013, 01:57:02 PM »
Interesting chat about a players motor.when I played some blokes no matter how much they trained and got themselves into superb fitness,just couldnt gut run,and to me gut running=motor.I would say the ability to gut run, to virtually throw up after a contest and to immediately go again is as much mental as it is physical.can you teach a player that? ..i have no idea

Ruanaidh

« Reply #1377 on: February 16, 2013, 02:15:44 PM »
Interesting chat about a players motor.when I played some blokes no matter how much they trained and got themselves into superb fitness,just couldnt gut run,and to me gut running=motor.I would say the ability to gut run, to virtually throw up after a contest and to immediately go again is as much mental as it is physical.can you teach a player that? ..i have no idea
I saw a revelatory documentary recently on the BBC which indicated that we have a genetic endurance/fitness capacity bandwidth at birth that can't be altered no matter how hard we train. This bandwidth is very narrow. The upshot was that those at the lower end of the spectrum (motor-wise) required less work to reach their potential. The workout for a man in this group was an intensive 3x20sec workout three times a week....no more. All physiological  indicators showed that he had reached his optimum level of fitness after 1 month, but would have to tailor his sporting activities accordingly. This where Martin comes in. If he is in that group we need to 'get over' the fact that he will be a gut-running mid-fielder and be be happy to have a midfield impact player who plays predominately forward. I'm happy with that. By the way, I fall into this category as well and know from experience that additional training for me always meant sickness and injury.

Gigantor

« Reply #1378 on: February 16, 2013, 02:20:37 PM »
i guess then only the inner sanctum at the club know what his role is to be..the rest is just us supporters wishing we get an almost ben cousins like running machine.
And yes i too would be more than happy with an impact player who could turn a game on its head with a just a few disposals

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1379 on: February 16, 2013, 02:32:45 PM »
I saw a revelatory documentary recently on the BBC which indicated that we have a genetic endurance/fitness capacity bandwidth at birth that can't be altered no matter how hard we train. This bandwidth is very narrow. The upshot was that those at the lower end of the spectrum (motor-wise) required less work to reach their potential. The workout for a man in this group was an intensive 3x20sec workout three times a week....no more. All physiological  indicators showed that he had reached his optimum level of fitness after 1 month, but would have to tailor his sporting activities accordingly. This where Martin comes in. If he is in that group we need to 'get over' the fact that he will be a gut-running mid-fielder and be be happy to have a midfield impact player who plays predominately forward. I'm happy with that. By the way, I fall into this category as well and know from experience that additional training for me always meant sickness and injury.

I'm in that category too.