Author Topic: Chris Yarran [merged]  (Read 577354 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Yarran requests trade to Richmond [update]
« Reply #375 on: August 20, 2015, 11:11:40 AM »
How's Jack Trengove looking?
Isn't he out of contract? Is he compleatly stuffed?
If Knights goes we'll be looking for a consistent injury replacement.

i would rookie

« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 12:00:14 PM by WilliamPowell »
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #376 on: August 20, 2015, 11:18:05 AM »
God, now they are saying that Yarren will cost us our first round pick, bloody crap!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #377 on: August 20, 2015, 11:25:33 AM »
God, now they are saying that Yarren will cost us our first round pick, bloody crap!!!

:o
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #378 on: August 20, 2015, 11:48:10 AM »
If we get Yarran he has to come cheap.

2nd round pick tops, and less than $450k/year.

Otherwise I don't want him TBH. Has never played to his alleged potential.

Better off throwing the sink at Dangerfield. Then look at the likes of Treloar, Coniglio/Prestia (which ever one hasn't signed I can't remember). Carlisle or Henderson would be nice too as Chaplin is well into the twilight...

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #379 on: August 20, 2015, 11:58:31 AM »
You can't claim you don't want someone/can't wait for them to leave and then demand top dollar. Idiocy of the highest order. Can't be paying overs for Yarran though. What's his F/A status, thought he would have been restricted...

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #380 on: August 20, 2015, 11:59:52 AM »
Also talking about Treloar going to the Pies, if we need one player its Treloar, never mind the dregs in Yarren, MUST TRY FOR TRELOAR!!!

Hello we have, we are? Been well reported but if the kid choses the Pies and they can do a trade (1st round pick) he will go there

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #381 on: August 20, 2015, 12:02:53 PM »
Also talking about Treloar going to the Pies, if we need one player its Treloar, never mind the dregs in Yarren, MUST TRY FOR TRELOAR!!!

Hello we have, we are? Been well reported but if the kid choses the Pies and they can do a trade (1st round pick) he will go there

Sorry, let me rephrase; WE MUST GET HIM..we cant let this kid go to the Pies...Give up Ellis and our first rounder.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #382 on: August 20, 2015, 12:04:06 PM »

Chill WAT, just chill  ;D

2 round pick and perhaps a player 

You can't claim you don't want someone/can't wait for them to leave and then demand top dollar. Idiocy of the highest order. Can't be paying overs for Yarran though. What's his F/A status, thought he would have been restricted...

Yarran is contracted for 2016.

He will be cheap because the Blues want him goneskis

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #383 on: August 20, 2015, 12:04:31 PM »
I'd still rather not pay 650k plus for treloar. if he wants more than that then id be happy to not get him. would rather get yarren and motlop.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #384 on: August 20, 2015, 12:07:09 PM »

Sorry, let me rephrase; WE MUST GET HIM..we cant let this kid go to the Pies...Give up Ellis and our first rounder.

even taking out the fact the kid supposedly wants to the go the Pies.

He will get traded to the side that offers the Giants the best deal and in that regard the Pies stump us because their 1st rounder is alot earlier than ours.

Draft depth isn't great this year so any team that can offer a pick in the top 10-12 will out bid us

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #385 on: August 20, 2015, 12:08:44 PM »
I'd still rather not pay 650k plus for treloar. if he wants more than that then id be happy to not get him. would rather get yarren and motlop.
Treloar should be our primary target. 850k is the mark if sources are to be believed. I'd be happy for the club to go ahead with that. He's a jet, we need him!

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #386 on: August 20, 2015, 12:09:04 PM »

Chill WAT, just chill  ;D

2 round pick and perhaps a player 

Yarran is contracted for 2016.

He will be cheap because the Blues want him goneskis
Won't be that cheap. Maybe 2nd rounder 2015/16 and 2nd rounder 2016/17 was the thinking the club may pursue.....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #387 on: August 20, 2015, 12:13:39 PM »
Jon Ralph on SEN said Yarran for Richmond's first round pick. Currently pick 13 but with all the compensation picks added to clubs below us, it may end up pick 18/19.

There's also rumours that Yarran may end up back home in WA at West Coast.

Ralph also said Richmond should be going after Motlop as he is more suited to our needs.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #388 on: August 20, 2015, 12:25:34 PM »
Tigers won't deny interest in Yarran

Ben Guthrie 
afl.com.au
August 20, 2015 11:27 AM

RICHMOND coach Damien Hardwick has not denied the club's interest in trading for Carlton speedster Chris Yarran.

It has been reported that the out-of-favour Blue has met with senior Richmond officials about the possibility of a move after a disappointing season at Carlton.

Yarran, who is contracted to the Blues until the end of next season, has not played senior football since being dropped for the club's clash with Collingwood in round 19.

"We'll certainly look to improve our list any way possible, whether it's Chris or other players, we'll be looking at those avenues," Hardwick said on Thursday.

"That's something we'll remain pretty tight-lipped about and we'll just do our due diligence and improve our list at the appropriate time."

The Blues have already parted ways with swingman Lachie Henderson, who is likely bound for Geelong after he requested a trade from the club.

Hardwick said the situation of players moving clubs before the official trade period kicked in was becoming more commonplace.

"To be perfectly honest it probably happens anyway," Hardwick said.

"Some of the trades we're seeing at the moment are well and truly in place, and that's something that our game is starting to become accustomed to.

"It's probably not common knowledge, but I think the majority of trades are done leading up to the trade period and we sit around for two weeks twiddling our thumbs."

Hardwick said player movement was a positive thing for the competition.

"For clubs down the bottom to attract talent it's good for the equalisation of the competition," Hardwick said.

"It's something that will become more prevalent, particularly with the trading of future draft picks it will open up future markets and allow trades to happen a lot easier, which is a good thing for the game."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-20/tigers-wont-deny-interest-in-yarran

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #389 on: August 20, 2015, 12:33:28 PM »
Do this "due diligence" then move on from Yarran!!

"Rucks: