Author Topic: Chris Yarran [merged]  (Read 577323 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Yarran requests trade to Richmond [update]
« Reply #405 on: August 20, 2015, 08:17:37 PM »

didnt get judd, didnt get lockett... time to do something  :pray

Yes, because those 2 recruiting coups both paid off in cups didn't they.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #406 on: August 20, 2015, 08:23:59 PM »
Do this "due diligence" then move on from Yarran!!

Due diligence eh.

Something like a quick look at stats.
Yarran career disposals 14.5
Houli career disposals 21.25

or maybe the fact that the bottom team in the competition with the worst list won't play him.

or maybe because we have a shortage of his type with only Houli, Hunt, Drummond, Castagna, Ellis, McDonough on the list.

If the club recruits Yarran AND pays anything more than a 3rd rounder and an average wage (around $300K) then they will have proved their incompetence.
The player we could have got for the Yarran pick, like Rockliff, Barlow and Heppell in the past, will be the albatross around their necks.

A decision to recruit Yarran is so stupid on so many different levels (attitude, ability, trade price, wage, loss of development) I cannot see how list management and coach can hold their jobs.

correct

No More

« Reply #407 on: August 20, 2015, 10:40:09 PM »
I would make Carlisle the No 1 target now. Chaplin is done bring in Carlisle now and he and Rance can run the backline for years and we wont have any problems.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #408 on: August 20, 2015, 11:10:30 PM »
i wouldn't touch Carlisle until the wada crap is finished.
The possibility of a two year ban is there.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

No More

« Reply #409 on: August 20, 2015, 11:19:41 PM »
he would still only be 25 by the time a possible ban is finished. Theres a decent chance they will get off anyway.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #410 on: August 20, 2015, 11:27:09 PM »
yeah, but what do you give up for a bloke who may not be able to play for two years? There is also no guarantee he, or any other player, would even want to come back after a two year ban.

I doubt wada would have stepped in unless they were very confident they could get a result.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #411 on: August 21, 2015, 01:48:51 AM »
As mentioned in the other thread, Carlisle supposedly wants $750k p.a.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #412 on: August 21, 2015, 05:20:54 AM »
According to Greg Denham Yarran is all but signed sealed delivered to be at tigerland next year. Better get used to the idea of him playing for us 2016.  :cheers

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #413 on: August 21, 2015, 06:28:01 AM »
I am not sure why the RFC continue to recruit these fringe type of players rather than throw the bank at a star or a potential star the likes of Treloar and move heaven and earth to get them. Collingwood, Geelong, Carlton, Brisbane...the list goes on, they all do it.

We pick up serviceable players like Houli, Grigg...well thats it.

The RFC came out earlier this year, in particular Brendon Gale saying that we have been preparing our cap for this trade/FA period. Clearing it for who, Yarren...REALLY??????

Motlop, Dangerfield or Treloar to the club or FAIL!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #414 on: August 21, 2015, 07:36:52 AM »
I am not sure why the RFC continue to recruit these fringe type of players rather than throw the bank at a star or a potential star the likes of Treloar and move heaven and earth to get them. Collingwood, Geelong, Carlton, Brisbane...the list goes on, they all do it.

The RFC came out earlier this year, in particular Brendon Gale saying that we have been preparing our cap for this trade/FA period. Clearing it for who, Yarren...REALLY??????

You want to follow the example of Collingwood, Carlton and Brisbane?? None are playing finals. Collingwood has lost the equivilant of Deledio, Edwards and Martin in the last three years- they have silly amounts of money.

We have picked up Chaplin, Houli, Grigg & Maric. All best 22 players. I get that they aren't stars, but they have made us a better team.

We haven't lost a single star, because they have bought in on the whole being greater than the self.

Name a club that has thrown the bank at someone and won a premiership in the modern era?!

We have been linked to a number of players, the general feel is that they are trying very very hard to attract these guys and not pay overs. Like Hawthorn have done. I imagine we can get some like Treloar- pay him a million dollars a year. What happens when Ellis, Vlastuin Miles start looking for money?

We need sustained success, not this "get one player and we will be a contender" mantra.

Also give the club some credit- Rebuilt the list in perhaps the most difficult era. We are about to play our third finals series in row.

Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #415 on: August 21, 2015, 07:43:34 AM »

You want to follow the example of Collingwood, Carlton and Brisbane?? None are playing finals. Collingwood has lost the equivilant of Deledio, Edwards and Martin in the last three years- they have silly amounts of money.

We have picked up Chaplin, Houli, Grigg & Maric. All best 22 players. I get that they aren't stars, but they have made us a better team.

We haven't lost a single star, because they have bought in on the whole being greater than the self.

Name a club that has thrown the bank at someone and won a premiership in the modern era?!

We have been linked to a number of players, the general feel is that they are trying very very hard to attract these guys and not pay overs. Like Hawthorn have done. I imagine we can get some like Treloar- pay him a million dollars a year. What happens when Ellis, Vlastuin Miles start looking for money?

We need sustained success, not this "get one player and we will be a contender" mantra.

Also give the club some credit- Rebuilt the list in perhaps the most difficult era. We are about to play our third finals series in row.

Ok, they attract star players, that is what I meant, get with the program. When they see a player that is a star and they want them, they get them. That's what I meant. We don't do that.

"We have picked up Chaplin, Houli, Grigg & Maric. All best 22 players" And that sums it up for me.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #416 on: August 21, 2015, 07:51:49 AM »

well said cranny, pretty much summises what I wanted to say.
I will throw in this though, we still have 3 games to go in the H&A series plus finals we're really not going to know who the club is going for until the wash up of the trade period.
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #417 on: August 21, 2015, 08:07:50 AM »
3 home and away games plus finals?
I'll try, 3 home and away games and, if good enough, plus finals.

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #418 on: August 21, 2015, 08:13:01 AM »

Ok, they attract star players, that is what I meant, get with the program. When they see a player that is a star and they want them, they get them. That's what I meant. We don't do that.

"We have picked up Chaplin, Houli, Grigg & Maric. All best 22 players" And that sums it up for me.

Those clubs aren't any more attractive than us, they are just willing to pay more. To me that is more concerning than not getting players. I'm not sure how old you are but the modern game doesn't allow for stupidly overpaying for people. You lose to much @ the bottom end.

For those four players we gave up a total Andy Collins (delisted) and a second round draft pick. I think a lot of people under sell what the club managed to achieve.

Everyone ridiculed the club for not being active last year, but the draftees coming through look really good.
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #419 on: August 21, 2015, 08:20:56 AM »
Fjs team sat at the bar chortleing at the frenzy over o rourke, Ryder and greenwood. We were then in the box seat to dip into one of the richest drafts of recent times and stack our nursery of talent. The RFC have aced it ,,,,,,again  :clapping
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled