Author Topic: Chris Yarran [merged]  (Read 577313 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Yarran requests trade to Richmond [update]
« Reply #450 on: August 22, 2015, 01:56:59 PM »
Yes to Yarran for mine. Get a bloke with his talent to a solid, grounded club (like we are at the moment) and we'll get the best out of him. He's a jet!

Are you in the clean syringe line???

He is so talented he is in the seconds and doing nothing there..
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #451 on: August 22, 2015, 04:22:53 PM »
Well Treloar, when you get home watch the replay of todays game and make your mind up where the success lies.... :gotigers :gotigers :gotigers

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

No More

« Reply #452 on: August 22, 2015, 04:39:58 PM »
Well Treloar, when you get home watch the replay of todays game and make your mind up where the success lies.... :gotigers :gotigers :gotigers

That's a very good point. One that Dangerfield should also consider. Geelong are done and dusted for premierships for a while. We are on the verge. This is the closest weve been since the early 80s.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #453 on: August 22, 2015, 04:42:37 PM »

:clapping
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #454 on: August 22, 2015, 05:59:51 PM »
Yes to Yarran for mine. Get a bloke with his talent to a solid, grounded club (like we are at the moment) and we'll get the best out of him. He's a jet!

Are you in the clean syringe line???

He is so talented he is in the seconds and doing nothing there..
Odd thing to say considering we know its purely for disciplinary reasons he's in the twos. Considered to be the most talented player at Carlton by most pundits. Like I said, its all upstairs with Yarran. A great skipper and solid culture will turn this guy around. Watch this space!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #455 on: August 22, 2015, 08:02:46 PM »
I am not sure why the RFC continue to recruit these fringe type of players rather than throw the bank at a star or a potential star the likes of Treloar and move heaven and earth to get them. Collingwood, Geelong, Carlton, Brisbane...the list goes on, they all do it.

We pick up serviceable players like Houli, Grigg...well thats it.

The RFC came out earlier this year, in particular Brendon Gale saying that we have been preparing our cap for this trade/FA period. Clearing it for who, Yarren...REALLY??????

Motlop, Dangerfield or Treloar to the club or FAIL!!

You want to follow the example of Collingwood, Carlton and Brisbane?? None are playing finals. Collingwood has lost the equivilant of Deledio, Edwards and Martin in the last three years- they have silly amounts of money.

We have picked up Chaplin, Houli, Grigg & Maric. All best 22 players. I get that they aren't stars, but they have made us a better team.

We haven't lost a single star, because they have bought in on the whole being greater than the self.

Name a club that has thrown the bank at someone and won a premiership in the modern era?!

We have been linked to a number of players, the general feel is that they are trying very very hard to attract these guys and not pay overs. Like Hawthorn have done. I imagine we can get some like Treloar- pay him a million dollars a year. What happens when Ellis, Vlastuin Miles start looking for money?

We need sustained success, not this "get one player and we will be a contender" mantra.

Also give the club some credit- Rebuilt the list in perhaps the most difficult era. We are about to play our third finals series in row.

Ok, they attract star players, that is what I meant, get with the program. When they see a player that is a star and they want them, they get them. That's what I meant. We don't do that.

"We have picked up Chaplin, Houli, Grigg & Maric. All best 22 players" And that sums it up for me.

Those clubs aren't any more attractive than us, they are just willing to pay more. To me that is more concerning than not getting players. I'm not sure how old you are but the modern game doesn't allow for stupidly overpaying for people. You lose to much @ the bottom end.

For those four players we gave up a total Andy Collins (delisted) and a second round draft pick. I think a lot of people under sell what the club managed to achieve.

Everyone ridiculed the club for not being active last year, but the draftees coming through look really good.

They obviously are more attractive because that is where the best are going, its not always about the money. I'm old enough to know the mistakes and missed opportunities we have had over the past 30 years.

We also gave up pick 19 for Sanchez a while ago to, remember that.

Its not the draftees I m talking about, its the FA and trade players we need.
There are only three reasons a player in this day and age move clubs and that's for either family, Money or Success. On the success side of things well I completely understand why no one has come across for this reason! On the money side of things we've been saying now for a couple of seasons we have a war chest for a big fish but in all honesty what "Big Fish" has there been?
On the free agency side of things there has only realy been Frawley and Greenwood.
Frawley took the best of both worlds taking a good lump sum and went to a successful club while Greenwood was just in it for the money. We did put an offer to Greenwood but it Collingwood out trumped us, after the season he's had it looks like it was a win to us anyway.
This year we have Dangerfield and Trelour, Dangerfield looks set to head to Geelong for family reasons in saying that I do believe we had a fair crack, if  for what ever reason he decides to change his mind we will be up to our necks in it.
The other player is Trelour whom we have made fairly public that were right into, has he chosen a side yet? Nothing is conccreat our offer is out there and it's up there with Collingwoods, I think this deal will realy come down to which club can satisfy GWS the most with the trade.
Then you have your second tier trades, Yarran, Motlop, Henderson, Carlisle.
Yarran just wants out, I think he would walk to us tomorrow if he could, the problem will be what carlton want in return and there should be no way in the world that we would consider our first round pick for him.
Motlop is an interesting one, does he realy want to leave or is he just trying to score himself a better contract where he is?? If he wants to go it will be for money and I believe we would be in the box seat here, he would cost us our first round pick though and again I'm not 100% certain he's worth it.
The other two bafoons are chasing cash, Gerlong want Henderson and he wants to go there, I have no issue in not pursuing him. Carlisle on the other hand seems to just want out.
I find it interesting he wants out of Essendon but wants to go to Carlton?
Either Carlton has tabled a huge offer or the guy has rocks in his head! It's ceryainly a trade to watch closely imo.

Um no, soundly beat Cotchin today did Levi.......

"Rucks:

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #456 on: August 22, 2015, 10:30:53 PM »
Treloar and Motlop now wouldn't that be fantastic. :thumbsup

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #457 on: August 22, 2015, 10:46:32 PM »
If Treloar is picking between Collingwood and us, then today's match should make that decision easier for him  :shh

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #458 on: August 22, 2015, 10:51:10 PM »

Would be the cherry on top of the cake  :pray
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #459 on: August 22, 2015, 10:55:03 PM »

Hope Danger watched us and then caught the Geelong score too  ;D
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #460 on: August 22, 2015, 11:00:52 PM »
I am not sure why the RFC continue to recruit these fringe type of players rather than throw the bank at a star or a potential star the likes of Treloar and move heaven and earth to get them. Collingwood, Geelong, Carlton, Brisbane...the list goes on, they all do it.

The RFC came out earlier this year, in particular Brendon Gale saying that we have been preparing our cap for this trade/FA period. Clearing it for who, Yarren...REALLY??????

You want to follow the example of Collingwood, Carlton and Brisbane?? None are playing finals. Collingwood has lost the equivilant of Deledio, Edwards and Martin in the last three years- they have silly amounts of money.

We have picked up Chaplin, Houli, Grigg & Maric. All best 22 players. I get that they aren't stars, but they have made us a better team.

We haven't lost a single star, because they have bought in on the whole being greater than the self.

Name a club that has thrown the bank at someone and won a premiership in the modern era?!

We have been linked to a number of players, the general feel is that they are trying very very hard to attract these guys and not pay overs. Like Hawthorn have done. I imagine we can get some like Treloar- pay him a million dollars a year. What happens when Ellis, Vlastuin Miles start looking for money?

We need sustained success, not this "get one player and we will be a contender" mantra.

Also give the club some credit- Rebuilt the list in perhaps the most difficult era. We are about to play our third finals series in row.

Ok, they attract star players, that is what I meant, get with the program. When they see a player that is a star and they want them, they get them. That's what I meant. We don't do that.

"We have picked up Chaplin, Houli, Grigg & Maric. All best 22 players" And that sums it up for me.

Those clubs aren't any more attractive than us, they are just willing to pay more. To me that is more concerning than not getting players. I'm not sure how old you are but the modern game doesn't allow for stupidly overpaying for people. You lose to much @ the bottom end.

For those four players we gave up a total Andy Collins (delisted) and a second round draft pick. I think a lot of people under sell what the club managed to achieve.

Everyone ridiculed the club for not being active last year, but the draftees coming through look really good.

They obviously are more attractive because that is where the best are going, its not always about the money. I'm old enough to know the mistakes and missed opportunities we have had over the past 30 years.

There are only three reasons a player in this day and age move clubs and that's for either family, Money or Success. On the success side of things well I completely understand why no one has come across for this reason! On the money side of things we've been saying now for a couple of seasons we have a war chest for a big fish but in all honesty what "Big Fish" has there been?
On the free agency side of things there has only realy been Frawley and Greenwood.
Frawley took the best of both worlds taking a good lump sum and went to a successful club while Greenwood was just in it for the money. We did put an offer to Greenwood but it Collingwood out trumped us, after the season he's had it looks like it was a win to us anyway.
This year we have Dangerfield and Trelour, Dangerfield looks set to head to Geelong for family reasons in saying that I do believe we had a fair crack, if  for what ever reason he decides to change his mind we will be up to our necks in it.
The other player is Trelour whom we have made fairly public that were right into, has he chosen a side yet? Nothing is conccreat our offer is out there and it's up there with Collingwoods, I think this deal will realy come down to which club can satisfy GWS the most with the trade.
Yarran just wants out, I think he would walk to us tomorrow if he could, the problem will be what carlton want in return and there should be no way in the world that we would consider our first round pick for him.
Motlop is an interesting one, does he realy want to leave or is he just trying to score himself a better contract where he is?? If he wants to go it will be for money and I believe we would be in the box seat here, he would cost us our first round pick though and again I'm not 100% certain he's worth it.
The other two bafoons are chasing cash, Gerlong want Henderson and he wants to go there, I have no issue in not pursuing him. Carlisle on the other hand seems to just want out.
Either Carlton has tabled a huge offer or the guy has rocks in his head! It's ceryainly a trade to watch closely imo.

So you'd be happy to pay 650K a year for a tager to play 6 games a season then?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #461 on: August 23, 2015, 03:37:58 AM »
Motlop almost single-handedly got a poor Geelong over the line last night. I don't remember Yarran playing well in a poor/losing side. That's why I prefer we go after Motlop.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #462 on: August 23, 2015, 05:10:03 AM »

:thumbsup
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #463 on: August 23, 2015, 06:24:12 AM »

Did I say that, your call was very early and wrong.

"Rucks:

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #464 on: August 23, 2015, 09:28:13 AM »

Did I say that, your call was very early and wrong.

Hang on, what are you exactly trying to say??
You highlighted the part where I said it looks like we dodged a bullet in not getting Greenwood last year.
Then you said because he kept Cotchin quiet yesterday I am wrong?
But then you said you didn't say you wanted Greenwood???
Can you please explain what your trying to say here please.