Author Topic: Chris Yarran [merged]  (Read 577290 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Yarran requests trade to Richmond [update]
« Reply #750 on: September 08, 2015, 10:35:33 AM »
Honestly though, we need to ask WHY, why is his and many others preferred destinations everywhere else but the RFC???? Hell, some have even chosen the Dees and Saints as their preferred destinations...WHY, WHY, WHY?????
I can tell you why they choose the pies. Same reason Judd chose Carlton. Guaranteed income after football. Eddie can do that. As to Dees and Saints, they pay much more for their players than most are prepared to. Which big name have they snared?

The Dr is spot on the money here

Also throw in the fact that players who chose Melb & St Kilda are guarantted games, no ifs, no buts, no maybes. Locked in guaranteed games.

yep judd and trelor both thought to themself "gee its hard to get a game at the tigers, i better go elsewhere"  :lol
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #751 on: September 08, 2015, 10:40:46 AM »
Honestly though, we need to ask WHY, why is his and many others preferred destinations everywhere else but the RFC???? Hell, some have even chosen the Dees and Saints as their preferred destinations...WHY, WHY, WHY?????

Do you/we ask why players stay? Why they turn their collective backs on huge offers from other clubs and stay? No you/we don't. We just accept that they want to be at our Club and say thanks

Treloar has (reportedly) made a choice. His choice is to leave his current club and go elsewhere. Just so happens the elsewhere isn't Richmond

Motlop also made a choice. His choice was to stay loyal to his existing club.

Buit I haven't seen the same angst in his decision and us missing out on him as people seem to appear have with Treloar's.

It's exactly the same thing, but it would seem in the case of Motlop the RFC haven't failed but in the Treloar situation they have failed.

Kid doens't want to come to RFC, the so be it.... Why doesn't he? TBBH I don't care, simple fact is he doesn't want to so I fail to see the point in caring why
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #752 on: September 08, 2015, 10:41:43 AM »
rumors eddiewood; danger, trelor, kreuzer, aish

... wtf ...

im going to have to up my medication
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #753 on: September 08, 2015, 10:44:50 AM »

yep judd and trelor both thought to themself "gee its hard to get a game at the tigers, i better go elsewhere"  :lol

WAT wanted to know why players have chosen the Dees & Saints and I can tell you it's because they are guaranteed games and more money.

Judd chose Carlton because as Doc said he was guaranteed income etc after football

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #754 on: September 08, 2015, 11:41:37 AM »

Do you/we ask why players stay? Why they turn their collective backs on huge offers from other clubs and stay? No you/we don't. We just accept that they want to be at our Club and say thanks

Treloar has (reportedly) made a choice. His choice is to leave his current club and go elsewhere. Just so happens the elsewhere isn't Richmond

Motlop also made a choice. His choice was to stay loyal to his existing club.

Buit I haven't seen the same angst in his decision and us missing out on him as people seem to appear have with Treloar's.

It's exactly the same thing, but it would seem in the case of Motlop the RFC haven't failed but in the Treloar situation they have failed.

Kid doens't want to come to RFC, the so be it.... Why doesn't he? TBBH I don't care, simple fact is he doesn't want to so I fail to see the point in caring why

That's all fine, I agree, but at the end of the day we have to ask, do we have what it takes to lure players to the club, I don't believe we do....
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 01:45:27 PM by WA Tiger »
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #755 on: September 08, 2015, 01:24:14 PM »
The panicky Pies buying up every player in Australia to hunt down the mighty Richmond next year.
They might have nice wheels but the driver is peeed.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #756 on: September 08, 2015, 03:26:17 PM »

This is the important part that no one considers as they wet their panties over not having their big fish syndrome fulfilled
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #757 on: September 08, 2015, 03:46:01 PM »

This is the important part that no one considers as they wet their panties over not having their big fish syndrome fulfilled

Then why do the RFC come out all year last year and this year saying they have a war chest to lure big guns to the club. Then some of us react to that because we are linked to no one and every other club seems to be getting the big guns??? its not about who is bloody staying, its about the RFC talking poo and we cant get any big guns when ever!!

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #758 on: September 08, 2015, 03:47:42 PM »
We have been link to Dangerfield treloar and Carlisle. At this point all the articles are just speculation so calm ya farm mate

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #759 on: September 08, 2015, 03:51:17 PM »
We have been link to Dangerfield treloar and Carlisle. At this point all the articles are just speculation so calm ya farm mate

Yeah ok, lets see the end result, I have said that to comments like your since we drafted Nathan Brown and we have had poo since then...

Suppose you will think Yarran is a big catch..God help us.

"Rucks:

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #760 on: September 08, 2015, 03:55:27 PM »
I think yarran would be a good addition. But in my opinion.. Stuff paying treloar 700k+ a year anyway

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #761 on: September 08, 2015, 03:57:17 PM »
Well Carlisle has walked out of Essendon and wants to be traded

So now the majority can now get all excited about him perhaps coming to Tigerland (he won't) and then get all upset when he doesn't

And then we can all wait for the next "big fish" and go through the entire sopa opera again   ;D

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #762 on: September 08, 2015, 03:57:50 PM »

Then why do the RFC come out all year last year and this year saying they have a war chest to lure big guns to the club. Then some of us react to that because we are linked to no one and every other club seems to be getting the big guns??? its not about who is bloody staying, its about the RFC talking poo and we cant get any big guns when ever!!
where have they said specifically about recruiting big guns/fish/roosters ?

Not about who stays??? really?

Its not important? Really?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #763 on: September 08, 2015, 04:11:28 PM »

Not about who ends up staying?

You really can't be serious with that comment can you?

For half the season people were stressing about Rance not having re-signed, ditto Deledio a couple years back and let's not even talk about the vitriol 3 years back when Dusty was unsigned ... so to even suggest it isn't about who's staying is ...well.... silly

All the club has ever said is that they have a war chest so that they would be in a strong position to sign free agents and retain our core group, you know those blokes commonly referred to as "A" graders

Will say it again, if players chose to not want to come to our club that's their choice and I don't care. The Club should not under any circumstances compromise what it's achieved and what it's clearly building towards just to appease a minority who seem obsessed with needing to score a "big fish" at any cost.

I'd rather have Martin, Rance, Deledio, Reiwoldt and Cotchn locked away and committed to our club rather than throwing mega $$ at a kid who doesn't want to be part of something special

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #764 on: September 08, 2015, 05:03:29 PM »

I'd rather have Martin, Rance, Deledio, Reiwoldt and Cotchn locked away and committed to our club rather than throwing mega $$ at a kid who doesn't want to be part of something special

Well there you go. WP and I agree.

:lol